Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,409 members, 7,853,808 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 02:55 AM

USA Undergraduate Student Thread For Scholarships & Sharing College Experiences - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Undergraduate Student Thread For Scholarships & Sharing College Experiences (4504 Views)

Czech Republic Student Thread / Let's Apply For Scholarships Together / Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Undergraduate Student Thread For Scholarships & Sharing College Experiences by iamboladee: 8:13am On Apr 27, 2019
Olalekank:

Final year Unilag student here

I'm tired of school

Lol, you're almost done now. I wish you success!
Re: USA Undergraduate Student Thread For Scholarships & Sharing College Experiences by Olalekank(m): 9:13am On Apr 27, 2019
iamboladee:

Lol, you're almost done now. I wish you success!

Thanks man

If there's anyone who wants to leave, it's advisable to do so

A friend left in 200 level, to Turkey to study computer science and he's doing really well now!
Re: USA Undergraduate Student Thread For Scholarships & Sharing College Experiences by RealKesla: 12:00pm On Apr 27, 2019
Even if you want to leave while still studying in Nigeria, ensure you have a plan.

1 Like

Re: USA Undergraduate Student Thread For Scholarships & Sharing College Experiences by RealKesla: 12:06pm On Apr 27, 2019
The next SAT is taking place on 5th October, 2019, endeavour to register before 6th September, 2019. Writing SAT is a major factor is getiing partial/full scholarships in the US.
https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/sat/register/international
Re: USA Undergraduate Student Thread For Scholarships & Sharing College Experiences by RealKesla: 1:28pm On Apr 27, 2019
SCHOLARSHIPS AT UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI

Isaac Bashevis Singer Scholarship

The Isaac Bashevis Singer Scholarship, named after Isaac Bashevis Singer, a Nobel Prize‒winning author who was a lecturer at UM, is one of the premier scholarships available to students at the University of Miami. This scholarship is awarded to exceptional and academically accomplished high school seniors.
Singer Scholars receive the full cost of tuition for four years of undergraduate study at UM.
Eligibility Criteria

Early Decision I and Early Action applicants are automatically considered when they apply for early admission to UM by submitting all Freshman Admission Requirements or International Freshman Admission Requirements by November 1.
Selection Process

Selected candidates for the Singer Scholarship are prompted to submit an essay for consideration as finalists. The Selection Committee will review all essay submissions and identify the finalists whom they recommend to receive the Singer Scholarship. Recipients of the Singer Scholarship will be invited to attend Scholarship Weekend at the University of Miami in the spring. During this two-day weekend program, visiting students will meet with UM faculty and current scholars and learn more about our interest-driven education.

Terms and Conditions

A Singer Scholar must complete a full-time undergraduate program of study with no fewer than 12 credit hours during each of the fall and spring semesters for a minimum of 24 credit hours per academic year. A minimum of a 3.0 GPA for the academic year must be maintained at the University of Miami, with the initial calculation at the end of the second semester of attendance. The award is subject to revision pending receipt of any grant, scholarship, or prepaid tuition and/or housing aid not anticipated at the time the award is made. Visit our Terms & Conditions page for more information.
Re: USA Undergraduate Student Thread For Scholarships & Sharing College Experiences by iamboladee: 8:24pm On Apr 27, 2019
Olalekank:

Thanks man

If there's anyone who wants to leave, it's advisable to do so

A friend left in 200 level, to Turkey to study computer science and he's doing really well now!

Wow, that's great!

Our country is bleeped up... May God help us too
Re: USA Undergraduate Student Thread For Scholarships & Sharing College Experiences by hinohsend: 3:40pm On Sep 27, 2019
Pls how do I go about calculating my GPA, my highschool does not give cummulative academic transcript at the end of schooling, just testimonial and waec result. Would I use my yearly report card results or just WAEC or both?
Re: USA Undergraduate Student Thread For Scholarships & Sharing College Experiences by Nobody: 6:59am On Oct 21, 2019
hinohsend:
Pls how do I go about calculating my GPA, my highschool does not give cummulative academic transcript at the end of schooling, just testimonial and waec result. Would I use my yearly report card results or just WAEC or both?

Make use of WAEC. you can send your result to WES for evaluation
Re: USA Undergraduate Student Thread For Scholarships & Sharing College Experiences by hinohsend: 1:56pm On Oct 27, 2019
Maryam3:

Make use of WAEC. you can send your result to WES for evaluation

Thanks mam, My WAEC has been evaluated to be 3.33 GPA. I have a 1510 SAT and some pretty decent EC. Do I stand a chance with that GPA? I would need nearly full funding. Or should I just save my money, not bother with Application/SAT Subjects and continue where I am.
Re: USA Undergraduate Student Thread For Scholarships & Sharing College Experiences by Olalekank(m): 4:25pm On Oct 27, 2019
hinohsend:

Thanks mam, My WAEC has been evaluated to be 3.33 GPA. I have a 1510 SAT and some pretty decent EC. Do I stand a chance with that GPA? I would need nearly full funding. Or should I just save my money, not bother with Application/SAT Subjects and continue where I am.
You have a very good profile
Make sure to shoot your shot!

How long did it take for your WAEC to be evaluated and which agency did you use?
Re: USA Undergraduate Student Thread For Scholarships & Sharing College Experiences by Joydavid2000(m): 8:19pm On Oct 27, 2019
I'm from Unilag quantity surveying. I want to start all over in the states or Canada.
Re: USA Undergraduate Student Thread For Scholarships & Sharing College Experiences by hinohsend: 5:54pm On Oct 30, 2019
Olalekank:

You have a very good profile
Make sure to shoot your shot!

How long did it take for your WAEC to be evaluated and which agency did you use?

WES, about 10 days
Re: USA Undergraduate Student Thread For Scholarships & Sharing College Experiences by Joydavid2000(m): 6:53pm On Nov 01, 2019
iamboladee:

Lol... I'm just tired of the school angry
ok
Re: USA Undergraduate Student Thread For Scholarships & Sharing College Experiences by Joydavid2000(m): 7:02pm On Nov 01, 2019
itsmolep:

grin grin grin

Unilorin don tire me aswear..

i've mailed the school already
What level are you?
Re: USA Undergraduate Student Thread For Scholarships & Sharing College Experiences by zagorakis(m): 8:25pm On Nov 09, 2019
How much did it cost you bro
hinohsend:

WES, about 10 days
Re: USA Undergraduate Student Thread For Scholarships & Sharing College Experiences by dsweetest(m): 2:40pm On Jan 09, 2020
zagorakis:
How much did it cost you bro

WES charges between $100 to $150
Re: USA Undergraduate Student Thread For Scholarships & Sharing College Experiences by CTPlayer: 10:52pm On Jan 11, 2020
American universities are very expensive for Foreign students. State universities are still cheaper than private. If you can do 2 years at a state community college that transfers into the main Campus you will save $$$. If you can do an "exchange" program from a foreign university into the USA I think you play only the cost of what you would in your home country. As an in example in Germany university costs are really cheap. This exchange student pays German rates in the USA, which is almost nothing. Go to 4:35, although the entire video is good. She found out about it because Munich and Cincinnati are sister cities and she came when in High School. Her entire vlog is good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX04NmUpXj0

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbxCR9QT9YTuUa4ONm7zAaA
Re: USA Undergraduate Student Thread For Scholarships & Sharing College Experiences by Hedes66: 10:47am On May 11, 2020
Hello can I apply for SAT as I am 26 years old?
Please tell me what steps to follow

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anyone Here Going For The Dubai Shopping Festival? / Road Accidents Reduced By 62 % – FRSC / Call To Nairalanders In The Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.