Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,236 members, 7,829,425 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

Rimi's Last Interview Before The Murder of his Wife - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rimi's Last Interview Before The Murder of his Wife (2071 Views)

The Murder Of The Fulani: #yugoslavia Unfolding. (by Ffk) / Buhari’s Liaison Officer, Nura Rimi, Sent On Diplomatic Posting To UAE / MKO Abiola’s Last Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rimi's Last Interview Before The Murder of his Wife by conscience(m): 10:54am On Jan 15, 2006
Rimi's Last Interview before the  Murder of his Wife
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CURLED FROM THE GUARDIAN NEWSPAPERS
PDP Created Situation Of Conflict In Kano, Says Rimi

Alhaji Abubakar Rimi, in an interview with The Guardian last week in Kano praised the government of governor Ibrahim Shekarau in fostering peace in Kano State. is now enjoying peace following the exit of the PDP, led by former Governor of the state, Dr. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso, now the defence Minister.

Rimi, a critic of the Obasanjo-led administration, hinted that he would vie for the presidency under the platform of the Movement for the Restoration and Defence of Democracy (MRDD).

He also stated that the principle of rotational presidency is undemocratic and unconstitutional.

Applauding the governor for restoring peace in the state, he said Shekarau's chance in the forthcoming polls in 2007 is bright, but dependent on the improvement recorded in the state of infrastructure in the state.

Rimi's supporters, which include the former Speaker of the House of Representatives; Alhaji Ghali Umar Na'Abba assisted Shekarau of the All Nigerian Peoples Party (ANPP) to record a resounding victory over the PDP at the 2003 polls.

He has also ruled out the possibility of the People's Democratic Party (PDP) reclaiming control of government apparatus in Kano state after the 2007 polls.

" I bet my life that the PDP is out forever. The PDP will never ever control Kano state no matter what happens. There are people who are dreaming of becoming governor of the state but not under the platform of the PDP. PDP in the state is finished," Rimi declared to The Guardian in Kano.

He, however said his position should not be misconstrued as meaning that incumbent Shekarau who is believed to be angling for a second term would have a smooth ride at the polls in 2007.

Rimi enjoined the Shekarau led administration not to dissipate energy on sharia considering the fact that Kano is populated by Muslims who are already familiar with Islamic ways of life.

His words: " There is too much involvement of government in religious matters in Kano. And if they reduce that involvement and build roads, give electricity and water to the rural areas, improve educational facilities and clear the refuge all over the place, they (ANPP) will be more popular than what they are now."

He expressed optimism that the MRDD would be duly registered by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), adding that the idea of rotating the presidency between the southern and northern parts of the country still needs much to be desired.

"The presidency should be a free for all affairs. It should be something that should be decided democratically. It is not something that should be allocated."

He said contrary to widely held views, agitation by various interest groups from the northern and southern parts of the country for the presidency would not pose danger to the unity of the country.

The politician enjoined Nigerians to be wary of the activities of those supportive of the alleged third term agenda of the President who operates under the guise of pursuing sectional interests.

Rimi foresees a bleak prospect for the survival of democracy should the alleged third term agenda by the President materializes just as he expressed dissatisfaction with the way and manner the anti graft campaign is being prosecuted.

While decrying the high unemployment situation, insecurity, epileptic power supply, health facilities and poor quality of education in the polity, he said the purported third term bid by the President clearly points to the fact that the north committed grievous mistake when it supported Obasanjo as President in 1999.

" Nobody imagined that Obasanjo whom the north brought out of prison, pardoned, gave him money, campaigned for him, put him in the presidency will be doing this to us", he said.

"The north never imagined even in its wildest imagination that he will turn out to be treacherous, to be too ungrateful to bite the finger that fed him. In 1999, the north thought Obasanjo would be Obasanjo of 1979 not knowing that the man would become something else.
Re: Rimi's Last Interview Before The Murder of his Wife by Akolawole(m): 1:57pm On Jan 15, 2006
conscience:

" Nobody imagined that Obasanjo whom the north brought out of prison, pardoned, gave him money, campaigned for him, put him in the presidency will be doing this to us", he said.

"The north never imagined even in its wildest imagination that he will turn out to be treacherous, to be too ungrateful to bite the finger that fed him. In 1999, the north thought Obasanjo would be Obasanjo of 1979 not knowing that the man would become something else.

@Conscience
Where have you been brother? Miss you badly

Who else is going to bring a thread like this if not you, i am telling you for the second time, it seems you have no other thing to write except OBJ grin

If Rimi claimed to be the kingmaker in Kano, how come he cannot re-install his friend in Ghali Na'Abi

Did OBJ joins PDP(the north) or PDP join OBJ
They beg him,release him, sponsor him, rigged for him to become presido in 1999 but What FAVOUR did OBJ did for them in 1979? cool
Re: Rimi's Last Interview Before The Murder of his Wife by conscience(m): 2:29pm On Jan 15, 2006
Akolawole:

@Conscience
Where have you been brother? Miss you badly

[b]Who else is going to br
conscience link=topic=5151.msg171823#msg171823 date=1137318899:

Akolawole my Great Broda, The Defender of His Excellency, Field Marshall,Pastor, Witchdoctor, Conqueror of Nigerians, Emperor, Maximum Ruler O .B J.
I travelled to London to see the Great Queen.
Open your eyes to see my other contributions bo
I don come again..........no hiding place for the wicked
Conscience will smoke them out. grin
Re: Rimi's Last Interview Before The Murder of his Wife by conscience(m): 2:30pm On Jan 15, 2006
conscience:

Akolawole my Great Broda, The Defender of His Excellency, Field Marshall,Pastor, Witchdoctor, Conqueror of Nigerians, Emperor, Maximum Ruler O .B J.
Conscience will smoke them out. grin

Conscience will smoke them out.
Re: Rimi's Last Interview Before The Murder of his Wife by Chxta(m): 2:42pm On Jan 15, 2006
2007 is coming... Just my 2 kobo...
Re: Rimi's Last Interview Before The Murder of his Wife by otokx(m): 3:16pm On Jan 15, 2006
@conscience: where have you been all this while? i was beginning to think that you had gone on self imposed exile. I really missed you. Better PM your yahoo messenger detail.
Re: Rimi's Last Interview Before The Murder of his Wife by otokx(m): 3:19pm On Jan 15, 2006
by the way how many wives has rimi?
Re: Rimi's Last Interview Before The Murder of his Wife by Akolawole(m): 8:23pm On Jan 15, 2006
@Otokx

I beg! what concern agbero with overload?

His number of wives should be personal afterall he is a Moslem cool

@Conscience

Me Defender of His Excellency !
How i wish you know why i have criticize him before why i will continue to tell him off on certain things, i will always do that objectively with no enemity at all cool

I wont just cook-up or write anything about him because i hate his big stomach or ugly face or miss a juicy contract
Re: Rimi's Last Interview Before The Murder of his Wife by conscience(m): 2:00am On Jan 16, 2006
otokx:

@conscience: where have you been all this while? i was beginning to think that you had gone on self imposed exile. I really missed you. Better PM your yahoo messenger detail.
my broda how you dey?
Been a little bit busy and winter is not helping matters.
i 'm back as long as "your people "will not try to gag me from saying my mind. grin
Re: Rimi's Last Interview Before The Murder of his Wife by Seun(m): 2:16am On Jan 16, 2006
Lots of people who have criticized president Obasanjo's third term bid are stil alive and well.
Re: Rimi's Last Interview Before The Murder of his Wife by conscience(m): 3:40am On Jan 16, 2006
These bad times shall come to pass in Jesus name.
Imagine the shame in Oyo State.
Gansterism in the highest places
Re: Rimi's Last Interview Before The Murder of his Wife by sethgoogle: 5:19am On Jan 16, 2006
for the record,Rimi has got only one wife.the late saadatu was the only 1.
the situatuation in Kano has further exposed the degree of insecurity in Nigeria.
Who is next?
OBJ has failed us.i feel for RIMI.may her soul rest in peace.
Re: Rimi's Last Interview Before The Murder of his Wife by ono(m): 8:14am On Jan 16, 2006
Folks, check out the latest in the Delta:

http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/news/article02

and this one:

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=38255

Dikibo, Bola Ige,  Alams, Ladoja, Rimi's wife, Audu Ogbeh, Ngige, Asari Dokubo, Uwazuruike,....hmn.hmn!

Trouble dey come o, make everybody ready o!

Bros Conscience, my friend, welcome back.
Re: Rimi's Last Interview Before The Murder of his Wife by otokx(m): 8:21am On Jan 16, 2006
I actually shed some tears for N I G E R I A today for the first time. There is indeed trouble in the land. OMG, where are we going to? The Emir had to break tradition to go and mourn with RIMI while all the police in Nigeria is being sent to IBADAN to prop up a pretender. As for our National Assembly its a confounding S I L E N C E. Is this what democracy is all about?
Re: Rimi's Last Interview Before The Murder of his Wife by Akolawole(m): 9:26am On Jan 16, 2006
otokx:

I actually shed some tears for N I G E R I A today for the first time. There is indeed trouble in the land.

So you did shed some tears for the country! Na wa o grin
Re: Rimi's Last Interview Before The Murder of his Wife by otokx(m): 9:28am On Jan 16, 2006
pls don't smile or laugh akolawole. this thing is very serious.
Re: Rimi's Last Interview Before The Murder of his Wife by Akolawole(m): 9:29am On Jan 16, 2006
otokx:

while all the police in Nigeria is being sent to IBADAN to prop up a

This is 9:28, i can confirm to you that there's no single policeman or Armoured thank in "iwo-road" which is one of Ibadan's hot-spot.
Re: Rimi's Last Interview Before The Murder of his Wife by Akolawole(m): 9:35am On Jan 16, 2006
otokx:

please don't smile or laugh akolawole. this thing is very serious.

There is no seriousness in this. Its just simple arithmetic.
Ladoja plays into Adedibu & his cohorts web with that financial mess, if he is clean.100 ADEDIBUS WILL NOT BE ABLE TO REMOVE HIM CONSTITUTIONALLY

I wish he could go to Court this morning, we will all support him cool
Re: Rimi's Last Interview Before The Murder of his Wife by Akolawole(m): 9:44am On Jan 16, 2006
ono:

Dikibo, Bola Ige, Alams, Ladoja, Rimi's wife, Audu Ogbeh, Ngige, Asari Dokubo, Uwazuruike,....hmn.hmn!

Trouble dey come o, make everybody ready o!

1) What is the usefulness of those two links to this thread for God sake?

2) Of what use are those names you mentioned.

For those of us that believe in coporate existence of Nigeria, No single problem will befall Nigeria in Jesus name(Amen)
Re: Rimi's Last Interview Before The Murder of his Wife by ono(m): 10:44am On Jan 16, 2006
Kola,
You MUST understand that I want this country to remain united, peaceful and prosperous. I have inlaws in Yorubaland, and in Abeokuta, OBJ's town, in particular. So, why would I want to see any harm come my sister's way?

But we have to say and DO something when evil men roams the lands and threaten to destroy the very fabric of our nation's existence. The events that culminated the removal of Alams and Ladoja from office are totally UNDEMOCRATIC and unacceptable. The assassination of the former PDP Vice- Chairman, South, Chief Dikibo, Rimi's wife, Bola Ige and a host of others, by unidentified elements, suspected to be loyal to the PDP's cause leaves much to be desired. Why should I fold my hands when my source of livelihood and happiness is threatened? OBJ's time will come again. It's just that we allowed old and expired people to rule us in this country. This ''old people's rule'' thing is driving me crazy. Just look at all the folks at the top. They all lacked vision. They don't have what stuff it takes to lead people like me, Conscience, Owo, Seun and other brilliant folks on this forum.

So, Kola, please hold your peace. And except you are related to OBJ, I advise you to stay clear of that man.
Re: Rimi's Last Interview Before The Murder of his Wife by otokx(m): 11:40am On Jan 16, 2006
i know what we can do ONO, we can pray for our leaders. this is indeed our country; we have no where to go to.
Re: Rimi's Last Interview Before The Murder of his Wife by kenflavor(m): 10:33am On Jan 17, 2006
I laugh at times when I read ono's post. My brother do u think to be a leader is moimoi? I have been a leader several times and I tell u, is not an easy task and is not just open your mouth and talk any how to those who are our leaders.
To be a class rep in school isn't an easy thing let alone been a Governor of a State or President of a Nation of Nigeria. Ask Seun what he goes through just to make sure NL remains and u will be shocked. I all I know is that, whichever way, OBJ should be given some kudos.
It is only those who wear the shoes that know where it pains.
Re: Rimi's Last Interview Before The Murder of his Wife by conscience(m): 3:04am On Jan 18, 2006
Akolawole:

This is 9:28, i can confirm to you that there's no single policeman or Armoured thank in "iwo-road" which is one of Ibadan's hot-spot.

Akolawole Akolawole Akolawole
How many times I call you?
Check your wrist watch for time
How many Police and Army dey for Ibadan streets now?
Please don't eat your vomit, but answer me
Re: Rimi's Last Interview Before The Murder of his Wife by Akolawole(m): 5:05am On Jan 18, 2006
@Conscience

conscience:

Check your wrist watch for time
How many Police and Army dey for Ibadan streets now?

At the time of contributing that piece, it was 9:28am and i repeat no single police or armoured thank in Iwo-road. I know because i am an Ibadan boy to the core!

The policemen and army  on duty in molete and few other places are busy eating boli & Epa grin

The only hitch in Ibadan was the strike of NURTW, which has nothing to do with Ladoja issue but with their former chairman in Alhaji Tokyo.

If you know the history of Ibadan very well, you will know that 1000 Armoured thanks cannot stop them when they are ready to cause trouble cool

I hope Ladoja wins in Court, if he does and Akala refused to leave you will see the true colour of Ibadan people

(1) (Reply)

Enemies Of Nigeria - Adedibu’s Wife, Aides Launch Ibb Campaign / What Is Cpc Logo? / If Nigeria Breaks, The North Is Doomed – Yerima

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.