Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,229 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

Senate Postpones 2019 Budget Passage Till Tuesday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Postpones 2019 Budget Passage Till Tuesday (5326 Views)

Danjuma Goje To Declare For Senate President After Budget Passage / BREAKING: INEC May Postpone Election Till Tuesday For Logistics Reasons / With 'less Than 10 Senators' Present, Senate Postpones Proceedings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Postpones 2019 Budget Passage Till Tuesday by akinhanger: 1:46pm On Apr 24, 2019

The Senate on Wednesday postponed the consideration of the 2019 budget to next week due to non-availability of details.

The Senate Appropriation Committee headed by Sen Mohammed Danjuma Goje (APC, Gombe) had last Thursday laid the budget report on the floor of the Senate.

The budget consideration and passage was listed on the Senate Order Paper for Wednesday.

However, when senators reached the item, it was observed that there were no printed copies of the budget report.

It was also observed that both Goje and his deputy Sen Sunny Ogbouji (APC, Ebonyi), were not on the floor.

But the main reason for the postponement was the non-availability of the budget details.

Senate President Bukola Saraki consequently directed that copies of the budget report should be made available to senators before Monday so that the Senate would pass it next Tuesday.

https://www.everyvibes.com.ng/2019/04/senate-postpones-2019-budget-till-tuesday.html
Re: Senate Postpones 2019 Budget Passage Till Tuesday by lonelydora: 3:22pm On Apr 24, 2019
Scrap Senate and see how fast Nigeria will develop

12 Likes

Re: Senate Postpones 2019 Budget Passage Till Tuesday by sexyboy193: 3:23pm On Apr 24, 2019
I seems not to understand this country again. No copies of printed report about wetin I hear
Re: Senate Postpones 2019 Budget Passage Till Tuesday by Olusholasimon(m): 3:25pm On Apr 24, 2019
What do you expect when a bi-cameral legislative council function toothlessly....
Scrap both camaral & see how fast we can go.

Saraki & co.... be warn !!!

4 Likes

Re: Senate Postpones 2019 Budget Passage Till Tuesday by BlueRayDick: 3:28pm On Apr 24, 2019
Are these people mad? How can you claim non-availability of budget details as reason for not passing the budget when in fact, passing of budget is one of ur major functions?

You can easily see inefficiency everywhere in the civil service, political scene and public sector as a whole. How do you even expect this country to move forward?

Sincerely I don't see the function of this Bicameral legislature we adopt in Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Senate Postpones 2019 Budget Passage Till Tuesday by karnap(m): 3:31pm On Apr 24, 2019
they never pads it to their taste

5 Likes

Re: Senate Postpones 2019 Budget Passage Till Tuesday by CrimeKsmart: 3:34pm On Apr 24, 2019
Useless Saraki.

Their best Senate President

6 Likes

Re: Senate Postpones 2019 Budget Passage Till Tuesday by Ezeimo: 4:09pm On Apr 24, 2019
Since I was born though I am getting old I have never seen the Lord changing.
What are Nigerians waiting for.
Here in Europe if such thing happens the masses will protest and the entire senate will be shot down till they do the needful.
I give them another 4 years when the young vibrant people will take over both in legislative
and Executive arms of government.
God bless us.
Re: Senate Postpones 2019 Budget Passage Till Tuesday by 2019elections: 4:25pm On Apr 24, 2019
I don't know why some people reason like fowls. How would you present a budget without details? Can someone just ask you for money and you give without telling you what he or she wants to do with it.

Let's be logical.

This is why we can't move forward as a nation. Does that mean because its their duty to pass d budget, they shouldn't scrutinize it? Nigerians always channeling blame wrongly.
Re: Senate Postpones 2019 Budget Passage Till Tuesday by Stakeholders(m): 4:34pm On Apr 24, 2019
2019elections:
I don't know why some people reason like fowls. How would you present a budget without details? Can someone just ask you for money and you give without telling you what he or she wants to do with it.

Let's be logical.

This is why we can't move forward as a nation. Does that mean because its their duty to pass d budget, they shouldn't scrutinize it? Nigerians always channeling blame wrongly.

After second reading oga that's silly excuse

2 Likes

Re: Senate Postpones 2019 Budget Passage Till Tuesday by Gforce2019: 4:45pm On Apr 24, 2019
sexyboy193:
I seems not to understand this country again. No copies of printed report about wetin I hear

Details..
Re: Senate Postpones 2019 Budget Passage Till Tuesday by klas(m): 4:45pm On Apr 24, 2019
2019elections:

Let's be logical.

I hope you realise that the detail being demanded is not from the executive but from the appropriations committee of the senate that collated the the reports of various sub-committees.

1 Like

Re: Senate Postpones 2019 Budget Passage Till Tuesday by Charly68: 5:16pm On Apr 24, 2019
They should wait for the 9th assembly to come and pass the budget..Saraki and his men are complete failure .Imagine passing the budget of 2019 in April !

1 Like

Re: Senate Postpones 2019 Budget Passage Till Tuesday by johnemeka(m): 5:17pm On Apr 24, 2019
Ok
Re: Senate Postpones 2019 Budget Passage Till Tuesday by Lanre4uonly(m): 5:18pm On Apr 24, 2019
"It was observed that there were no printed copies of the budget report".
Honestly, the way our lawmakers handle something of national importance is quite worrisome.

1 Like

Re: Senate Postpones 2019 Budget Passage Till Tuesday by MNDY(m): 5:37pm On Apr 24, 2019
The postponement go affect timely payment of salaries ni?
Re: Senate Postpones 2019 Budget Passage Till Tuesday by Legendguru: 5:41pm On Apr 24, 2019
why
Re: Senate Postpones 2019 Budget Passage Till Tuesday by Kingv(m): 5:42pm On Apr 24, 2019
Banana republic

For your websites, bots, VPS (RDP), PayPal Accounts etc...contact us

https://Socialboosta.com
Re: Senate Postpones 2019 Budget Passage Till Tuesday by Bimpe29: 6:02pm On Apr 24, 2019
Their progress will also be postponed and delayed in the like manner.

1 Like

Re: Senate Postpones 2019 Budget Passage Till Tuesday by 9jaRealist: 1:22am On Apr 25, 2019
lonelydora:
Scrap Senate and see how fast Nigeria will develop

Scrap the entire government and Nigeria will develop even faster... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Senate Postpones 2019 Budget Passage Till Tuesday by olagbola45(m): 1:46am On Apr 25, 2019
Wen asiwaju was talking d other time many people were blasting him u can sew how stupid saraki and co are now

.smh

(1) (Reply)

Some Senators Are Planning To Impeach Buhari – Sen. Kwankwaso / Breaking Breaking......Nnamdi Kanu Arrives In Lagos....Currently Being Received! / PDP Releases Song Titled "Atiku,d Man We Know"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.