Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,595 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

To All The Flash Abusers Out There :) - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / To All The Flash Abusers Out There :) (866 Views)

Jquery Slideshow Vs Flash Pro, Which Do You Prefer And Reasons. / How To Connect Flash To Php/jsp Urgent / Who Knows How To Use Mediacontroller In Flash 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To All The Flash Abusers Out There :) by my2cents(m): 2:55pm On May 01, 2007
So,

As some of you may know, there is nothing more annoying to me than a site that abuses flash. You know what I mean: continuous animation, large bandwidth, etc.

Anyways, so there is this SEO newsletter I subscribe to and there is a paragraph there that pretty much sums up what I don't think I have been able to get across in an eloquent manner:

Flash is great - IF it genuinely serves the purpose of selling something for you. But the tool must be subservient to the job it's supposed to do. It is not a toy. Art is great for galleries, but it's a low priority for websites that are supposed to sell something.

I just thought I should share tongue
Re: To All The Flash Abusers Out There :) by uspry1(f): 4:02pm On May 03, 2007
@ my2cents,

Check out my website address, www.mtmrimstires.com and tell me am I Flash abuser? I am web developer to create a Flash-based dynamic website for client who do not want static website.

I want to hear your opinion sharing after viewing my Flash website, because you are the subscriber of SEO newsletter. Thank you.
Re: To All The Flash Abusers Out There :) by my2cents(m): 4:15pm On May 03, 2007
I wouldn't call this abuse 'cause unlike the sites that made me place this post, your animation stops and doesn't "re-move" after a certain period of time. The wheell loads, then stops, allowing you to focus on what the site does - sell rims.

Here is an example of flash abuse:

http://www.unionbankng.com/ - the horse and the "big, strong" red text. I feel nauseous/like I am being hypnotized. I am sure there are others who feel the same way.

I hope this helps.
Re: To All The Flash Abusers Out There :) by onydchic(f): 4:51pm On May 03, 2007
@ my2cents,

dude i totally agree with you bout that site. It irritatd that a whle bank would accept something so TACKY
Re: To All The Flash Abusers Out There :) by uspry1(f): 5:05pm On May 03, 2007
@ my2cents

Thank you for reply so quick. I understood what you mean referring the flash abuse you provided the link. I agreed with you about that is very annoying to me.

(1) (Reply)

Special Offer For Website Building. / $100 за идею! / Need Website Upload

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.