Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,205 members, 7,818,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

My Tecno Spark 2 Experience - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Tecno Spark 2 Experience (1060 Views)

Tecno Spark 2 With Face Unlock, 6 Inches 3500mah Battery: Specifications / Tecno Spark 2 Unveiling In Lagos (Live Photos) / TECNO Spark 2 Official Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Tecno Spark 2 Experience by MobileChic: 2:58pm On Apr 24, 2019
8th of June wasn’t like any other day. It was my birthday!

Waking up wasn’t as hard as any normal day, I was eager to hear the yearly “Happy Birthday” greeting from my friends and family. I was positive for what was to come that day, especially the gifts I may or may not receive. Still, I was thankful.

Event of the day was already planned out and in it was the official phone launch of TECNO Spark 2 where I was to represent MobilityArena. I had no special birthday plan for my birthday so that launch was going to be the highlight of my day.

Since it was my birthday, I thought to give myself a treat and called an Uber driver. I was the birthday girl, after all, I should arrive in style. Uber driver finally arrived 40 minutes later than the expected time but thankfully the organizer of the launch was being a Nigerian: the legendary “African Time” format used to delay the start of program and event was in place.

Upon arrival and registration, I was given the last card torn out of a booklet tagged “Raffle ticket” and I was told that there will be a raffle draw at the end of the launch.

Music, comedy, talks and dance came later on and finally, the raffle was being drawn. It was announced that the gifts to be won from the raffle draw was the newly launched TECNO Spark 2 and that they were going to pick just three (3), winners. The chance was slim but it piqued my interest so much that I started praying to the God of luck and chance asking to be given a birthday present. In my prayers, I gave the reason why I should be among the winners. LOL, I had just had my phone stolen and wasn’t in a good financial position to get a good phone. That was also supposed to be my first tangible birthday gift.

The first winner was called but I still had my fingers crossed, second winner but it still wasn’t my name and raffle number. By this time, my heart was already racing. This could be the fastest prayers answered yet. The third name was drawn and my name was called but it sounded so foreign to me. They called the name again before I finally responded grinning from ear to ear. I collected my win from them but it was just too surreal. I actually won a spark 2. LOL, I uploaded a picture almost everywhere and I can still remember my caption “June 8 Magic”. TECNO finally made my birthday worth every Uber delay. I was Elated! I flaunted and told the story to anyone who cared to listen that I won a brand new Spark 2. My best friend, Sonia even got hers the very week it came out in the market. Yes! We were lighting up our world with the new Spark 2.

Fast forward to five months later when my birthday phone suddenly went off. Imagine my fear! My birthday gift! That was short lived as it came on later. I didn’t think much about what happened but I was just glad that was just the end of it.

I thought wrong! It wasn’t the end! It continued that way for months but this time after it came on, I had to always restart the phone for it to function well. That wasn’t just it. Recorded videos started pausing on its own when playing back (This is not a storage problem. It happens even with a memory card in it), camera quality mysteriously reduced (Sonia’s own is still the same even after months).

This is not even the height of it. My original TECNO charger that came with the phone got burnt when the generator at the office supplied very high voltage and I needed to get a replacement ASAP. Normally, an original TECNO charger should be able to boost up my battery percent. It is a TECNO phone after all, but it didn’t. I returned the charger the next day and accused the man who sold it to me of selling me a fake charger that couldn’t charge my phone. Three chargers after and still couldn’t find any that can boost up my phone. Even Sonia’s Charger still couldn’t charge the phone. I got home disappointed but still hopeful that something will come up. Then I decided to try Spectranet charging cord with my TECNO adaptor and surprisingly it showed the charging indicator. Charging is extremely slow but hey it charges! A Spectranet cord coming through for me where a TECNO Cord couldn’t.

I see what had happened. As painful as it is, I still must admit it. I was given a test product.

Writing this, I got two of my friends who bought theirs to send a screenshot of their security patch levels. While theirs is dated February and March 2019, mine is still dated March 2018, two months before the phone was officially launched. Again, I say “Test Product”.

As much as I appreciate the thought of giving a phone to customers, I still need to ask: Why give a defective device?

Re: My Tecno Spark 2 Experience by chicwoman(f): 11:15am On Apr 25, 2019
My dear it’s like it wasn’t gotten from a registered store like slot because TECNO phones come with warranty and the like.
I’m afraid you may have bought a badly repaired phone packaged as new.

Sorry about your experience

1 Like

Re: My Tecno Spark 2 Experience by MobileChic: 11:25am On Apr 25, 2019
I actually got it from TECNO. Won it as a gift from them.

chicwoman:
My dear it’s like it wasn’t gotten from a registered store like slot because TECNO phones come with warranty and the like.
I’m afraid you may have bought a badly repaired phone packaged as new.

Sorry about your experience
Re: My Tecno Spark 2 Experience by Ejadike(m): 11:32am On Apr 25, 2019
MobileChic:
8th of June wasn’t like any other day. It was my birthday!

Waking up wasn’t as hard as any normal day, I was eager to hear the yearly “Happy Birthday” greeting from my friends and family. I was positive for what was to come that day, especially the gifts I may or may not receive. Still, I was thankful.

Event of the day was already planned out and in it was the official phone launch of TECNO Spark 2 where I was to represent MobilityArena. I had no special birthday plan for my birthday so that launch was going to be the highlight of my day.

Since it was my birthday, I thought to give myself a treat and called an Uber driver. I was the birthday girl, after all, I should arrive in style. Uber driver finally arrived 40 minutes later than the expected time but thankfully the organizer of the launch was being a Nigerian: the legendary “African Time” format used to delay the start of program and event was in place.

Upon arrival and registration, I was given the last card torn out of a booklet tagged “Raffle ticket” and I was told that there will be a raffle draw at the end of the launch.

Music, comedy, talks and dance came later on and finally, the raffle was being drawn. It was announced that the gifts to be won from the raffle draw was the newly launched TECNO Spark 2 and that they were going to pick just three (3), winners. The chance was slim but it piqued my interest so much that I started praying to the God of luck and chance asking to be given a birthday present. In my prayers, I gave the reason why I should be among the winners. LOL, I had just had my phone stolen and wasn’t in a good financial position to get a good phone. That was also supposed to be my first tangible birthday gift.

The first winner was called but I still had my fingers crossed, second winner but it still wasn’t my name and raffle number. By this time, my heart was already racing. This could be the fastest prayers answered yet. The third name was drawn and my name was called but it sounded so foreign to me. They called the name again before I finally responded grinning from ear to ear. I collected my win from them but it was just too surreal. I actually won a spark 2. LOL, I uploaded a picture almost everywhere and I can still remember my caption “June 8 Magic”. TECNO finally made my birthday worth every Uber delay. I was Elated! I flaunted and told the story to anyone who cared to listen that I won a brand new Spark 2. My best friend, Sonia even got hers the very week it came out in the market. Yes! We were lighting up our world with the new Spark 2.

Fast forward to five months later when my birthday phone suddenly went off. Imagine my fear! My birthday gift! That was short lived as it came on later. I didn’t think much about what happened but I was just glad that was just the end of it.

I thought wrong! It wasn’t the end! It continued that way for months but this time after it came on, I had to always restart the phone for it to function well. That wasn’t just it. Recorded videos started pausing on its own when playing back (This is not a storage problem. It happens even with a memory card in it), camera quality mysteriously reduced (Sonia’s own is still the same even after months).

This is not even the height of it. My original TECNO charger that came with the phone got burnt when the generator at the office supplied very high voltage and I needed to get a replacement ASAP. Normally, an original TECNO charger should be able to boost up my battery percent. It is a TECNO phone after all, but it didn’t. I returned the charger the next day and accused the man who sold it to me of selling me a fake charger that couldn’t charge my phone. Three chargers after and still couldn’t find any that can boost up my phone. Even Sonia’s Charger still couldn’t charge the phone. I got home disappointed but still hopeful that something will come up. Then I decided to try Spectranet charging cord with my TECNO adaptor and surprisingly it showed the charging indicator. Charging is extremely slow but hey it charges! A Spectranet cord coming through for me where a TECNO Cord couldn’t.

I see what had happened. As painful as it is, I still must admit it. I was given a test product.

Writing this, I got two of my friends who bought theirs to send a screenshot of their security patch levels. While theirs is dated February and March 2019, mine is still dated March 2018, two months before the phone was officially launched. Again, I say “Test Product”.

As much as I appreciate the thought of giving a phone to customers, I still need to ask: Why give a defective device?

If it's still within the warranty period, take it to carlcare and it would be repaired for free. And besides, TECNO don't release test phone to the market and they possibly won't give you test phone, that's bad PR.

1 Like

Re: My Tecno Spark 2 Experience by eleojo23: 11:43am On Apr 25, 2019
MobileChic:
I actually got it from TECNO. Won it as a gift from them.

Well, awoof no dey last...

2 Likes

Re: My Tecno Spark 2 Experience by MobileChic: 12:02pm On Apr 25, 2019
LOL. This awoof must last me oo.

I don drop the phone for CarlCare

eleojo23:

Well, awoof no dey last...
Re: My Tecno Spark 2 Experience by MobileChic: 12:04pm On Apr 25, 2019
Yeah. Very Bad.

CarlCare is on it. Will share the experience after i get the phone back

Thank You.

Btw, what phone do you use?

Ejadike:
If it's still within the warranty period, take it to carlcare and it would be repaired for free. And besides, TECNO don't release test phone to the market and they possibly won't give you test phone, that's bad PR.
Re: My Tecno Spark 2 Experience by Yyvonne: 6:01am On Apr 26, 2019
What a touching story.. Its something calcare can handle sha.. But Tecno can't give out test phones na.. Except they want to lose their customers.
Re: My Tecno Spark 2 Experience by Folzye(m): 9:16am On Apr 26, 2019
this reminds me of the yoruba saying " eni wa ifa un wa ofo" which translates to if u seek free stuffs or accquire a commodity extremely cheap than expected then be certain it won't last.
Re: My Tecno Spark 2 Experience by Ejadike(m): 4:03pm On Apr 27, 2019
MobileChic:
Yeah. Very Bad.

CarlCare is on it. Will share the experience after i get the phone back

Thank You.

Btw, what phone do you use?

You're welcome. I use a Xiaomi Note 4 and a TECNO SPARK 3.

1 Like

Re: My Tecno Spark 2 Experience by MobileChic: 8:55am On Apr 28, 2019
Tecno Spark 3. Nice!
Maybe I should upgrade to that.
Spark 2 life was already getting boring.�
Ejadike:
You're welcome. I use a Xiaomi Note 4 and a TECNO SPARK 3.
Re: My Tecno Spark 2 Experience by Ejadike(m): 12:14pm On Apr 28, 2019
MobileChic:
Tecno Spark 3. Nice!
Maybe I should upgrade to that.
Spark 2 life was already getting boring.�
Eya. Sorry my dear. You'll love the Spark 3

(1) (Reply)

Samsung A20 Or M20 / HOT! Who Wan Buy 1-month Old Infinix Hot 7?! / How To Add Custom Themes To Xiaomi MIUI 11 Without Root

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.