Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,210 members, 7,818,709 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

Nigerians Are Equal Oil In Niger Delta, Real State In Abuja, Business the North - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Are Equal Oil In Niger Delta, Real State In Abuja, Business the North (2352 Views)

North Will Never Discover Oil In Chad Basin – Shehu Sani / See A Photo Of N1 Note That Was Used In 1979 When $1 Was Equal To N0.647 / I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Are Equal Oil In Niger Delta, Real State In Abuja, Business the North by amingafar(m): 1:54pm On Sep 17, 2010
Ive have just come across a topic where mallam elrufai said 73% of land is owned by igbos.

I have always said that Nigeria is equal I think igbos investing in the north is a fair share of the Nigeria, I also believe Northerner investing and drilling Oil in the Niger delta is Fair.

pls what are your opinions-
Re: Nigerians Are Equal Oil In Niger Delta, Real State In Abuja, Business the North by Beaf: 1:56pm On Sep 17, 2010
Nobody is investing in oil in the Niger Delta. There are just bloody thieves and oil bunkerers.
In any event, the whole of Abuja was paid for by oil, so whats your argument?
Re: Nigerians Are Equal Oil In Niger Delta, Real State In Abuja, Business the North by amingafar(m): 2:03pm On Sep 17, 2010
so what of the Nige deltans and igbos who invest in Abuja from allocated land giving to them by us?

people are being myopic Nigeria is very equal.
Re: Nigerians Are Equal Oil In Niger Delta, Real State In Abuja, Business the North by amingafar(m): 2:05pm On Sep 17, 2010
my point is people from Oil producing states live in Abuja and have no problem with liviing in Abuja, so why should Southerners have a problem when a northerners drills Oil in the Niger delta?
Re: Nigerians Are Equal Oil In Niger Delta, Real State In Abuja, Business the North by desgiezd(m): 2:11pm On Sep 17, 2010
amingafar:

so what of the Nige deltans and igbos who invest in Abuja from allocated land giving to them by us?

amingafar:

my point is people from Oil producing states live in Abuja and have no problem with liviing in Abuja, so why should Southerners have a problem when a northerners drills Oil in the Niger delta?

Who are the "us" you are referring to? Are you now implying that Abuja belongs only to the north and that land owners in Abuja own their lands on the grace of northerners?
Re: Nigerians Are Equal Oil In Niger Delta, Real State In Abuja, Business the North by Solomon227(m): 2:17pm On Sep 17, 2010
@ poster

Let me correct your theory.

Abuja did not come from the skies. It was built by oil money and still being developed by oil money and people coming to Abuja are interested in the oil money being channelled to Abuja. Take Oil money out of Abuja and see how lucrative the Abuja real estate is.
Re: Nigerians Are Equal Oil In Niger Delta, Real State In Abuja, Business the North by hercules07: 2:34pm On Sep 17, 2010
@Solomon

If we take Oil money out of Abuja, something else will replace it, probably not to the level of Oil money (due to the laziness of our leaders), abuja is the FCT and money will naturally flow from there.
We can not equate owning properties in Abuja to drilling Oil in the Niger Delta, most of the guys with Oil block licenses do not drill, they are just middlemen who sell these licenses to the highest bidder without sowing anything.
Re: Nigerians Are Equal Oil In Niger Delta, Real State In Abuja, Business the North by udezue(m): 2:35pm On Sep 17, 2010
amingafar:

Listen you blabbing cretin the foolish Igbos and their neighbors who invest in Abuja by buying land and property are getting it by sheer hardwork, by merit and pay for it. I have never heard that its simply allocated to them. Are they getting the land for free? NO. If its free maybe I'll go and get my own share.
Abuja is a federal capital hence Northerners don't own shit over there except the native Gwari ppl.
Your argument is stuppid coz while Igbos and Eastern minorities are investing foolishly in Abuja they are not causing any harm to the environment. They are contributing heavily to the growth of the capital. They are not kicking anyone out of their land. Instead they have the money and will purchase if you are selling. The 9 Oil producing states in The East / South are not experiencing the samething from the North. The only good thing you Northerners bring to the East na ur suya and cow but even that can be done without y'all only if our moronic Eastern governors will take time to invest heavily on livestock and agriculture, regulate the food and meat industry and send your malams back to Niger.
Re: Nigerians Are Equal Oil In Niger Delta, Real State In Abuja, Business the North by udezue(m): 2:36pm On Sep 17, 2010
How can you even compare tiny Abuja to all the Oil producing states in the South?
Re: Nigerians Are Equal Oil In Niger Delta, Real State In Abuja, Business the North by amingafar(m): 5:56pm On Sep 17, 2010
udezue:

Listen you blabbing cretin the foolish Igbos and their neighbors who invest in Abuja by buying land and property are getting it by sheer hardwork, by merit and pay for it. I have never heard that its simply allocated to them. Are they getting the land for free? NO. If its free maybe I'll go and get my own share.
Abuja is a federal capital hence Northerners don't own poo over there except the native Gwari ppl.
Your argument is stuppid coz while Igbos and Eastern minorities are investing foolishly in Abuja they are not causing any harm to the environment. They are contributing heavily to the growth of the capital. They are not kicking anyone out of their land. Instead they have the money and will purchase if you are selling. The 9 Oil producing states in The East / South are not experiencing the samething from the North. The only good thing you Northerners bring to the East na your suya and cow but even that can be done without y'all only if our moronic Eastern governors will take time to invest heavily on livestock and agriculture, regulate the food and meat industry and send your malams back to Niger.

Is IBB not Gwari and is he not considered A northerner afterall arent igbos supporting IBB to take the northernern presidency. So what are you saying?

As for the igbos and sheer hard work that is a lie- Because majority of the land in Abuja was given to northerners but was sold to Igbos for investment and business reasons. If the majority of us didnt sell land to non northerners then the percentage of igbos owning land would have never come up in the first place.

be genuine when you talk instead sounding like a low class fellow
udezue:

How can you even compare tiny Abuja to all the Oil producing states in the South?

Abuja was an example there plenty of southerners living in the north and benefitting of our economy esp igbos I have many igbo friends and they ahve never shown any ill feelings towards us

desgiezd:

Who are the "us" you are referring to? Are you now implying that Abuja belongs only to the north and that land owners in Abuja own their lands on the grace of northerners?

Abuja is the capital so ofcourse it doesnt belong to northerners but when Abuja was completed the majority of abuja was owned by Northerners because it was given to us. I have no qualms with who owns Abj and who doesnt I only have a problem with those who think they can live in the north not only Abuja but kaduna Kano etc and have thriving business in the north but when a northerher wants to do oil business they act as if they or their kinsman dont live in the north
Re: Nigerians Are Equal Oil In Niger Delta, Real State In Abuja, Business the North by amingafar(m): 6:04pm On Sep 17, 2010
ive changed the topic title- some only thought of abuja but i also meant kaduna, kano, kastina, etc other northern state

pls opinions i dont like the notion that northerners are feeding of the south. when there are many southerners in the north.
Re: Nigerians Are Equal Oil In Niger Delta, Real State In Abuja, Business the North by ow11(m): 6:33pm On Sep 17, 2010
All hail the newest member of the bigot club on NL!! Please stand aside as we revel in your close minded input on national issues and applaud your efforts to make people see that things should be done your way!

All of a sudden, purchase of lands by private individuals is somewhat at par with bidding for and reselling oil blocks vital to the sustenance of an entire country. *shakes my head*

WAEC examiners must read a lot of s#!t these days. . . .
Re: Nigerians Are Equal Oil In Niger Delta, Real State In Abuja, Business the North by amingafar(m): 6:38pm On Sep 17, 2010
ow11:

All hail the newest member of the bigot club on NL!! Please stand aside as we revel in your close minded input on national issues and applaud your efforts to make people see that things should be done your way!

All of a sudden, purchase of lands by private individuals is somewhat at par with bidding for and reselling oil blocks vital to the sustenance of an entire country. *shakes my head*

WAEC examiners must read a lot of s#!t these days. . . .

i believe in federalism- so the argument of oils importance to the nation is nothing. So in other words "the bidding of oil block by private individuals, is the same as the purchase of land by private inidividuals"
Re: Nigerians Are Equal Oil In Niger Delta, Real State In Abuja, Business the North by ow11(m): 7:00pm On Sep 17, 2010
amingafar:

i believe in federalism- so the argument of oils importance to the nation is nothing. So in other words "the bidding of oil block by private individuals, is the same as the purchase of land by private inidividuals"

The grouse is bidding for and reselling oil blocks by individuals with no capital base to actually develop these blocks and NOT the ethnicity of the bidders.

Now I would not bother with explaining to you why both of them cannot be equitable because it seems you think so and is quite convinced about this even though private individuals CANNOT bid for oil blocks(if you bothered to read about bidding terms). This information is in the public domain and for you to come out with this stand point, it is evident that you are either naive with a misunderstanding of the workings of the oil industry in Nigeria OR well versed with deep seated bigotry. My guess is the latter! Considering the comments you made earlier on this thread. . .
Re: Nigerians Are Equal Oil In Niger Delta, Real State In Abuja, Business the North by amingafar(m): 7:06pm On Sep 17, 2010
obviously these individuals are backed by coporations- but none the less THEY ARE IN THE NAMES OF NIGERIANS private individuals. who get shares from it. i see nothing that wrong in it.

thats life
Re: Nigerians Are Equal Oil In Niger Delta, Real State In Abuja, Business the North by ow11(m): 7:24pm On Sep 17, 2010
amingafar:

obviously these individuals are backed by coporations- but none the less THEY ARE IN THE NAMES OF NIGERIANS private individuals. who get shares from it. i see nothing that wrong in it.

thats life

There! My hypothesis is correct. . . but I would tweak it a bit.Quite knowledgeable in the bidding process but with deep seated bigotry and I'd add a sympathiser of corruption and its practitioners.

You can pretend all you want and scream federalism BUT cutting corners only favours the guy the machete!
Re: Nigerians Are Equal Oil In Niger Delta, Real State In Abuja, Business the North by amingafar(m): 7:30pm On Sep 17, 2010
ow11:

There! My hypothesis is correct. . . but I would tweak it a bit.Quite knowledgeable in the bidding process but with deep seated bigotry and I'd add a sympathiser of corruption and its practitioners.

You can pretend all you want and scream federalism BUT cutting corners only favours the guy the machete!

ithink youre the bigot

sir emeka offor, otedola, igbnedions all do the same and are no different than dantatas, lukman or dangote.
Re: Nigerians Are Equal Oil In Niger Delta, Real State In Abuja, Business the North by mensdept: 7:33pm On Sep 17, 2010
Who cares if Igbo own 73% of Abuja investments, real estate, cows, strip clubs, churches, university dorm rooms. Abuja is not and will never be Igboland. As FCT, any group that wants to buy the whole area, regardless of whether their own state capital has light, can do it, and shouldnt need allocation approval from Fulani.

The only real connection Abuja has to the Oil Producing areas of the South is that the revenue from the oil developed Abuja. Period. If those from these communities had received the same funds, I'm sure they would have preferred to develop their own regions at least to an extent, and wouldnt be so lalla gagg about Abuja.
Re: Nigerians Are Equal Oil In Niger Delta, Real State In Abuja, Business the North by ow11(m): 7:36pm On Sep 17, 2010
@OP

ow11:

The grouse is bidding for and reselling oil blocks by individuals with no capital base to actually develop these blocks and NOT the ethnicity of the bidders.

Which is why they are NOT comparable! OR maybe I am arguing the wrong point. . . smh. . . I think you should use another analogy to argue your sectarian point. For example, Bidding for and winning oil blocks can be comparable to bidding for and winning major contracts to execute projects in the North.
Re: Nigerians Are Equal Oil In Niger Delta, Real State In Abuja, Business the North by amingafar(m): 7:39pm On Sep 17, 2010
real estate is big in abuja i pray God makes abuja like dubai where the majority of the money isnt from Oil but tourism real estate and tele coms.

Oil is nothing to development its only a starter

ow11 its not about ethnicity its about the whole north and south divide.
Re: Nigerians Are Equal Oil In Niger Delta, Real State In Abuja, Business the North by Nobody: 7:54pm On Sep 17, 2010
amingafar:

Is IBB not Gwari and is he not considered A northerner afterall arent igbos supporting IBB to take the northernern presidency. So what are you saying?

As for the igbos and sheer hard work that is a lie- Because majority of the land in Abuja was given to northerners but was sold to Igbos for investment and business reasons. If the majority of us didnt sell land to non northerners then the percentage of igbos owning land would have never come up in the first place.

be genuine when you talk instead sounding like a low class fellow

Abuja was an example there plenty of southerners living in the north and benefitting of our economy esp igbos I have many igbo friends and they ahve never shown any ill feelings towards us

Abuja is the capital so ofcourse it doesnt belong to northerners but when Abuja was completed the majority of abuja was owned by Northerners because it was given to us. I have no qualms with who owns Abj and who doesnt I only have a problem with those who think they can live in the north not only Abuja but kaduna Kano etc and have thriving business in the north but when a northerher wants to do oil business they act as if they or their kinsman dont live in the north

Land was allocated to northerners (nepotism) but because you guys are lazy illiterates you sold it to smarter Igbo businessmen who had business ideas for the land. Stop coming on here to type stu.pid arguments you mor.on
Re: Nigerians Are Equal Oil In Niger Delta, Real State In Abuja, Business the North by komando1: 8:17pm On Sep 17, 2010
Looking at ziddys last post one realizes that the South can still unite in spite of Igbo versus Yoruba perenial conflict.
Re: Nigerians Are Equal Oil In Niger Delta, Real State In Abuja, Business the North by udezue(m): 8:21pm On Sep 17, 2010
Amingafar,
If its not then by sheer hardwork please tell me how else were they able even after you Northern morons and Awolowo took all their money and gave them back only 20 pounds to have the FINANCIAL CAPITAL to buy up land in Abuja? Why should be given to you at all? Did you people get the land for free? Now I understand why you desert rats are forever LAZY and UNPRODUCTIVE. You like freebies and even when your Southern counterpart is able to get what he deserves by working for it instead of waiting for handouts you still have the nerve to come and tell them it was allocated to them therefor you should continue to leach and leech off of them.

Maybe you should have kept the land in question but as poverty stricken as u are I doubt if you could resist the money the Igbo / Southerners flashed at you. How could you? If I am one of those governers back home I will do the samething with the cattle business. Flash you lots of money, buy you out of business and make it against the law to sell cattle or livestock without state license, ban movement of cows and selling of meat in open markets without proper regulation and storage. People cutting meat in open space and draining blood everywhere is an eyesore and invitation for all kinds of diseases. I will tackle the spread of food poisoning, diseases and the eyesore. I will regulate the meat industry. Since your people are too illeterate to run that type of business you might as well apply for employment with any of the meat packaging, livestock business or head somewhere else to rare your cattle but my region or state will be a no-go-area. That way the money generated via that route stays in the state and doesn't get filtered elsewhere.  If you want to dook it out with the more savvy Igbos then pay taxes just like they do and run your business. All I know is that I will not tolerate any form of free-loading by you people in my domain.
Re: Nigerians Are Equal Oil In Niger Delta, Real State In Abuja, Business the North by amingafar(m): 8:22pm On Sep 17, 2010
ziddy:

Land was allocated to northerners (nepotism) but because you guys are lazy illiterates you sold it to smarter Igbo businessmen who had business ideas for the land. Stop coming on here to type stu.pid arguments you mor.on

igbos are smart business men but I dont think they have any "business" in politics of land allocation in Abuja. If I was Govenor of a state how can I put a businesses in my name? The sensible thing to do is find an igbo or yoruba etc . . have it in his name.

well I prefer igbo actually.
Re: Nigerians Are Equal Oil In Niger Delta, Real State In Abuja, Business the North by udezue(m): 8:29pm On Sep 17, 2010
amingafar:

igbos are smart business men but I dont think they have any "business" in politics of land allocation in Abuja. If I was Govenor of a state how can I put a businesses in my name? The sensible thing to do is find an igbo or yoruba etc . . have it in his name.

well I prefer igbo actually.

Are we supposed to feel validated by that? If you like choose Yoruba the Igbo won't bart an eyelid.
Re: Nigerians Are Equal Oil In Niger Delta, Real State In Abuja, Business the North by komando1: 8:37pm On Sep 17, 2010
This amingafar is like the kind a guy whose parents have been ministers since first republic till date. You know the Yar'arduas, the Shagari's, the Ribadu's e.t.c
Re: Nigerians Are Equal Oil In Niger Delta, Real State In Abuja, Business the North by komando1: 8:41pm On Sep 17, 2010
The koko of the matter be say Igbos are seven million in Lagos and own 73% of Abuja. We turn villages into cities. Ask the Tiv people and Governor Suswan.
Re: Nigerians Are Equal Oil In Niger Delta, Real State In Abuja, Business the North by komando1: 8:46pm On Sep 17, 2010
Without the Igbo no body will be riding cars. Most Nigerians wouldn't wear suits and shoes e.t.c
Re: Nigerians Are Equal Oil In Niger Delta, Real State In Abuja, Business the North by udezue(m): 8:49pm On Sep 17, 2010
komando.:

The koko of the matter be say Igbos are seven million in Lagos and own 73% of Abuja. We turn villages into cities. Ask the Tiv people and Governor Suswan.

They should go and turn their villages into mega cities and let these ppl do it for themselves. *hiss* since has it become our job to do that for others?
Re: Nigerians Are Equal Oil In Niger Delta, Real State In Abuja, Business the North by slap1(m): 8:51pm On Sep 17, 2010
Poster sounds like Becomrich, I think. What with the anti-grammatical sentences and clear versatility. . .?
Re: Nigerians Are Equal Oil In Niger Delta, Real State In Abuja, Business the North by amingafar(m): 8:55pm On Sep 17, 2010
komando.:

Without the Igbo no body will be riding cars. Most Nigerians wouldn't wear suits and shoes e.t.c

Thats not true. The difference between igbos is they are westernized with little or no culture of their own.

The north has always had their own style of dressing. I dont want to wear suit, not that I cant but I just dont want to. For what?

as for riding cars what are you saying EVERYONE in the world has cars from Saudia Arabia, Dubai, Indonesia, Turkey and they are all islamic republics.
Re: Nigerians Are Equal Oil In Niger Delta, Real State In Abuja, Business the North by amingafar(m): 8:57pm On Sep 17, 2010
slap1:

Poster sounds like Becomrich, I think. What with the anti-grammatical sentences and clear versatility. . .?

I suppose you received your degree from yale?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Is A Good Country.we Have Only One Problem. / Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Tributes To Ojukwu And Other Striking Tributes. / ASUU Strike "Politicised"- President Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.