Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,785 members, 7,831,540 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Vast Opportunities Exist In Our Transport Sector — Adeyemi, GM, Avis Nigeria - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Vast Opportunities Exist In Our Transport Sector — Adeyemi, GM, Avis Nigeria (229 Views)

Http://amazon4expert.org/viga-plus-avis/ / We Need Drivers And We Pay Times Three Minimum Wage - Adeyemi, MD, Avis Nigeria / I Killed An Inland Taipan In My Factory.. Taipan Really Exist In Nigeria.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Vast Opportunities Exist In Our Transport Sector — Adeyemi, GM, Avis Nigeria by OBAMAIGBO: 8:23pm On Apr 24, 2019
Someone might need this job. You can also read the interview in full to learn about how you can run a business
But some would say that opportunities to become even cashier don’t exist anymore?

No, there are lots of opportunities. Indeed, most times, I feel disappointed when I hear young people saying that there are no jobs. There are lots of jobs out there. I’m in the transport sector and I know how badly we need drivers. Some years back I learned to move a car around for the first time and I was very excited because I had acquired a skill I could use to feed myself. This is where the skill brought me. If I didn’t know how to drive, I would probably not be working for a transport company like this; it wouldn’t have been possible.
The challenge is that we have a lot of graduates who think they must start big automatically. I think we have to begin to lower such expectations. For instance, we have a lot of graduates who joined us as drivers but who are now managers. They have grown from driving to the top.

Do you recruit only graduates as drivers then?

Not necessarily. If you can read and write, that’s the basic requirement. But there are some who even though were graduates, came in as drivers. And of course, education would always make you stand out; it would always advertise you. So if we see opportunities where you can fit in, we put you. But the point is that most graduates will tell you that they cannot be drivers.

But when you say you are looking for drivers but you can’t find, is it that there are no skilled drivers around?

There are, but again it depends on who wants to do the job.

Why won’t they want, remuneration?

Not really. Actually, we pay times three the country’s minimum wage. I think it’s just the mindset that I can’t be a driver.

Could it also be lack of awareness? How for instance will a potential driver apply to work here?

Anyone who wishes to apply can simply visit our website, www.avisng.com and do so. This is not only in Lagos; we have locations across the country: Benin, Enugu, Delta, Cross River, etc, so it’s wherever you can apply.
https://hallmarknews.com/vast-opportunities-exist-in-our-transport-sector-adeyemi-gm-avis-nigeria-2/?fbclid=IwAR1T7dwqDErad760Ljq--IKs6QbNIdH6KyfrAtN4oOXtOQwXs_BoFaQkPgg

(1) (Reply)

Boy Found Dead In Freezer / Jesus Is Coming Again! / IBB Sends Words To Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.