Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,051 members, 7,953,182 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:57 AM

Taxi Driver Still Beaten By The Game By Agberos (NURTW) After His Claims - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Taxi Driver Still Beaten By The Game By Agberos (NURTW) After His Claims (324 Views)

Human Abuse: Soldier Woman Hit Man Car From Behind,The Man Was Still Beaten / Agberos Beat Soldier For Protesting The Bashing Of His Bike / Olorunwa Rafiu Akanni & Ade Lawyer Paraded For Killing Hamburger Of NURTW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Taxi Driver Still Beaten By The Game By Agberos (NURTW) After His Claims by bongolistik(m): 7:44am On Apr 25, 2019
I was in a cab yesterday in PH City, the driver speeding and horning for the car in front to give way for him to overtake, but the driver of the car in front refused giving him way and the driver of the cab that I was inside started blowing hot and abusing the driver that refused giving him way to overtake.

I told him that it is at the other driver's discretion to shift or not to shift, that he should stop abusing him for nothing.

He insisted that the driver ahead doesn't know what he was doing by not giving him way to overtake and he continued saying that the driver was only claiming right of way and that what if it were armed robbers blowing for him to give way and he is still moving straight, that in this country nobody should even claim right because people easily die in their right in Nigeria - which I agree.

And he continued saying that in Nigeria, anything can happen at anytime, people can harass one at anytime and even kill you in your right and nothing will happen - I also agreed with him.

Then we came to a particular junction, he slowed down to pick a passenger and the guy craftily entered and lo and behold, the person that entered the car is an agbero (that often claim to be NURTW members)..

Immediately, commotion started..

Agbero: Where is your ticket?

Driver : here are my tickets I bought for today

Agbero : Come out driver let me show you something with that your ticket

At this point, other agberos have even sorrounded the car and was asking him to come out with the ticket so they will show him something about the ticket

Driver (that just finished telling me how one can die claiming right in Nigeria) refused coming out and started arguing with agberos.

As one of the Agberos was outside telling the driver to come out and as he was still arguing with agberos, the one inside mmediately stretched out his hand to the drivers ignition and seized his car key.

Agberos already told me and the other lady in the cab to come out and take another cab. When we came out, one of the agberos asked me to help look at the ticket he was holding and that of the driver if I will not see huge difference, that the driver's own is fake.

The driver still inside and arguing later came out cos they have already grabbed his car keys, they called the driver two aside for settlement, but the driver still arguing with all his strength, voila, one of the agberos entered the car and zoomed off with the car to different location.

I was just laughing inside me as the commotion continued and was telling myself if it was not this same driver that was just telling me that anything is possible in Nigeria and that people should stop claiming right in Nigeria cos they can even die inside claiming right.

I think the driver should have known better at that point and should know that the best thing to do is just to settle them and continue his hustle, but now that they zoomed with his car, he will still end up settling them extra before he will get his car back

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Dies While Fleeing From Malaysian Immigration/police Officers / Abuja Women Narrate How They Were Beaten, Raped By Police Officers / Student films self drinking sniper over UTME result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.