Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

Untold Story Of How Ngige Botched Kokori As NSITF Board’s Chairman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Untold Story Of How Ngige Botched Kokori As NSITF Board’s Chairman (338 Views)

How Ngige, Wike, Obiano, Emeka Offor Betrayed Nnamdi Kanu – IPOB / Buhari Appoints Michael Akabogu As NSITF MD / Ngige Dares Oshiomhole Again, Delays NSITF Board Inauguration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Untold Story Of How Ngige Botched Kokori As NSITF Board’s Chairman by Mace0lane: 8:23am On Apr 25, 2019
President Muhammadu Buhari, in 2017, named members of NSITF’s Board with Chief Kokori as Chairman of the Board, but since the naming of Kokori as the Board Chairman, the Minister of Labour and Employment, for reasons best known to him, deliberately refused to inaugurate the board, giving one unconvincing reason after another.

After unending intrigues and schemings, to the chagrin of many Nigerians especially Labour leaders among other stakeholders, the Minister on Wednesday, April 17, announced the constitution of a new board of NSITF, replacing Kokori with Mr. Austin Enejamo-Isere, claiming President Buhari, had instead approved the appointment of Kokori as the Chairman of the Board of Michael Imoudu National Institute of Labour Studies, MINILS.

Investigation has revealed why the Minister does not trust the uncompromising veteran Labour leader to be chairman of NSITF board, but why someone else? According to one of the sources, from then, it was resolved that “Chief Kokori cannot be trusted to play ball. From then on, it became an ego issue.”

Jolted by unexpected swarm of labour leaders at the planned inauguration and unable to anticipate what could happen if the inauguration went on as scheduled, the minister after earlier statement by the ministry, poured out his venom and inner mind with a statement that clearly buttress the Biblical saying that out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks.

Speaking at the botched inauguration Ngige organized Kokori said “this is a government that talks of integrity and you allowed a man like Ngige to humiliate me for two years after my appointment. Yesterday (Wednesday) they now said I should go to Micheal Imoudu. If they had given me Micheal Imoudu when I retired fro NUPENG, I should have accepted. Why should I subject myself to trauma for two years and you promised that the appointment remains and congratulated me for more than five times. The President assured me during the last June 12 exercise that they will not do anything to my appointment.

“I feel Ngige is on his own, dropping the name of the President, not the President I know and who assured me that he will not change my name. I am thankful to the Nigeria labour movement and the great union called the National Union of Petroleum and Natural gas. I spent the whole of my youthful life to build this union as a fighting machine. I thank you all for your support and may God bless you all

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/04/untold-story-of-botched-nsitf-boards-inauguration/

Re: Untold Story Of How Ngige Botched Kokori As NSITF Board’s Chairman by Mace0lane: 8:24am On Apr 25, 2019
It will never be well for this bastard Igbo labeled Ngige. Imagine the uproar from the East if a personality of Kokori standing of Igbo origin is being humiliated by any other tribe in Nigeria ?! Though this bastard Ngige is an APC member may it never be well with him, his entire household n his unborn generation till eternity.
Re: Untold Story Of How Ngige Botched Kokori As NSITF Board’s Chairman by FortuneDeGreat(m): 10:26am On Apr 25, 2019
Mace0lane:
It will never be well for this bastard Igbo labeled Ngige. Imagine the uproar from the East if a personality of Kokori standing of Igbo origin is being humiliated by any other tribe in Nigeria ?! Though this bastard Ngige is an APC member may it never be well with him, his entire household n his unborn generation till eternity.
You're so crazy that it'll take only God to revive you, demented bigot gullible tribalistic fool.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Jittery Over Confirmation Of Existence Of INEC Server By Official – PDP / Cross River Should Be Joined With Akwa Ibom / Pfas Begin Data Recapturing Of 8.5m Pension Contributors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.