Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,241 members, 7,811,673 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:00 PM

How To Be An FRSC Special Marshal - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How To Be An FRSC Special Marshal (19094 Views)

What My Sister Did To An FRSC Man / FRSC Officials Return N27M Recovered After Deaths Of 8 Edo Indigenes. PICS / How To Be An FRSC "Special Marshal" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Be An FRSC Special Marshal by BlackfireX: 4:23pm On Apr 25, 2019
Rubbish
Re: How To Be An FRSC Special Marshal by lonelydora: 4:28pm On Apr 25, 2019
MycroftHolmes:

There are some benefits that only regular road users will readily relate with.
For example, a special marshal is treated like a military personnel. Doesn't stop for searching, questioning or harassment at checkpoints, etc

The only reason i am joining
Re: How To Be An FRSC Special Marshal by pek(m): 4:30pm On Apr 25, 2019
Scam. You join an organisation that don't pay. You still pay #25,000 for kit and registration. What then is the work of the regular marshals who are paid handsomely? If they are short staffed (which I know it's not) let them recruit more.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Be An FRSC Special Marshal by chimauga(m): 4:35pm On Apr 25, 2019
If you like you can join
Re: How To Be An FRSC Special Marshal by tolugar: 4:36pm On Apr 25, 2019
I’ll just go and join so that I’ll not be running away from the real road safety, police, agbero, army and most importantly driving one way and breaking traffic lights
Re: How To Be An FRSC Special Marshal by Nobody: 4:41pm On Apr 25, 2019
tolugar:
I’ll just go and join so that I’ll not be running away from the real road safety, police, agbero, army and most importantly driving one way and breaking traffic lights

Typical Nigerian that voted buhar!

2 Likes

Re: How To Be An FRSC Special Marshal by donogaga(m): 4:58pm On Apr 25, 2019
AutoJoshNG:
Federal Road Safety Commission or “FRSC” is the Nigeria body charged with preventing and minimizing road traffic accidents on highways.

This traffic management agency was established in 1988 by a decree. This decree was later amended by the Federal Road Safety Commission act Cap 141 laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Officials of the FRSC have a reputation of being disciplined.

What is the difference between Regular Marshal and Special Marshals?

Regular marshals are uniformed officers of the FRSC. They work in the agency as full-time and paid employees.

Whereas Special Marshals are non-uniformed officers. They function as volunteers. So, they do not earn salaries for their function.

Special Marshals are usually accomplished individuals that bring their individual and collective expertise to road traffic management.

They have special propriety kits that distinguish them from other state and federal traffic officers.

Regular and Special Marshals have exactly the same responsibilities.

The Special Marshal guidelines issued in 2005 states the following regarding Special Marshals:

“Special Marshals in the discharge of duties are by provisions of section 4 and 5 of Cap 141 LFN (1990), empowered to arrest and prosecute erring motorists who violate road traffic rules and regulations entrenched in the Act and other road traffic laws”.

To become a Special Marshall, here are some of the requirements:

1. Must not have any record of criminality.

2. You must have a personal serviceable vehicle.

3. You must be a licensed driver.

4. Must have a visible means of livelihood.

HOW TO JOIN THE SPECIAL MARSHAL

Visit the Nearest FRSC Command and ask for the Special Marshal Unit.

Source:

https://autojosh.com/how-to-be-a-frsc-special-marshal/

I wanted to join last week, Hence I went to their office, unfortunately, I was told they have put it on hold... Until further notice.

According to the officer I met, she said there was a directive from Abuja to stop all new membership registration for now.
Re: How To Be An FRSC Special Marshal by ClearFlair: 5:30pm On Apr 25, 2019
JasonScoolari:
One would have love to be a "Special Marshal" but the government are not helping matters with the deplorable, dilapidated and potholes roads we have all over the country.

All thanks to 16 years of misrule by the PDP

1 Like

Re: How To Be An FRSC Special Marshal by JasonScoolari: 5:45pm On Apr 25, 2019
ClearFlair:

All thanks to 16 years of misrule by the PDP
ClearFlair my good friend in the politics section. grin
Re: How To Be An FRSC Special Marshal by freemi(m): 6:00pm On Apr 25, 2019
MycroftHolmes:

For example, a special marshal is treated like a military personnel. Doesn't stop for searching, questioning or harassment at checkpoints, etc
lols dant mind em. Der wil nt undastnd
Re: How To Be An FRSC Special Marshal by TheTrueSeeker2: 6:34pm On Apr 25, 2019
kinzation:
As a Corp member currently serving
this is my CDs group
I love it

Was a member during my service year too.

Still using my ID card till date. No stopping on the road by Police or regular FRSC. Have been driving from PH to Abuja, Lagos and back without harassment.

1 Like

Re: How To Be An FRSC Special Marshal by olayinka63: 6:37pm On Apr 25, 2019
But how will my families friends and neighbors believe that I'm not being paid for this service? Once they see frsc jacket they believed money is involved I wore inec local observer jacket during the recent concluded election, many friends believed I got paid for that whereas I participated as a volunteer.
Re: How To Be An FRSC Special Marshal by kinzation(m): 7:02pm On Apr 25, 2019
TheTrueSeeker2:

Still using my ID card till date. No stopping on the road by Police or regular FRSC. Have been driving from PH to Abuja, Lagos and back without harassment.
really
wow..
so this is the benefit one can enjoy
see me oh I've refused to pay the amount our Regular Marshall and our Cadet in chief told us to pay which covers traffic bibs, registration form and I.d card plus certificate
guess I have to pay now
Re: How To Be An FRSC Special Marshal by kinzation(m): 7:05pm On Apr 25, 2019
olayinka63:
But how will my families friends and neighbors believe that I'm not being paid for this service? Once they see frsc jacket they believed money is involved I wore inec local observer jacket during the recent concluded election, many friends believed I got paid for that whereas I participated as a volunteer.
my initial thought too sir
not until the officer in charge of my group told me
it's a volunteer group
Re: How To Be An FRSC Special Marshal by chimeziedickson: 8:15pm On Apr 25, 2019
Will love to be a part of it.
Re: How To Be An FRSC Special Marshal by dedollarman(m): 8:43pm On Apr 25, 2019
Am a special Marshall
but u have to volunteer ur self for patrol at list twice a week and u have to continue revalidating you membership every year with at list 10,000 and would also be paying 1000 to the commission every month . and would be also sponsoring public enlightenment with ur money .
However
Special Marshall is for big people in the society because u have to be spending ur money for the commission
And if u don't participate in any of the above
U will be dismashall from the commission

2 Likes

Re: How To Be An FRSC Special Marshal by INTEGRITYA1(m): 9:48pm On Apr 25, 2019
TheTrueSeeker2:

Nice one, I also served in Sabon Birni local government area of Sokoto State, I'm the Deputy Cadet in Chief of the Road Safety Club in my local government during my batch.

I'm still using my ID Card up till today.

Safer Road.

1 Like

Re: How To Be An FRSC Special Marshal by Nobody: 7:29am On Apr 26, 2019
Advantaged1:
This is a good initiative. But Nigerians wouldnt see beyond their noses, its benefits
They would never, sometimes you just realize they are their own problem.
Re: How To Be An FRSC Special Marshal by CASHCOW247(m): 10:44am On Apr 26, 2019
dedollarman:
Am a special Marshall
but u have to volunteer ur self for patrol at list twice a week and u have to continue revalidating you membership every year with at list 10,000 and would also be paying 1000 to the commission every month . and would be also sponsoring public enlightenment with ur money .
However
Special Marshall is for big people in the society because u have to be spending ur money for the commission
And if u don't participate in any of the above
U will be dismashall from the commission

...but i will still have my kits and ID card to use and pass the Police, army and road safety personnels on the road even after being "demashalled"??
Re: How To Be An FRSC Special Marshal by Nobody: 11:08am On Apr 26, 2019
MycroftHolmes:

For where, In d north as long as u dey inside car personal or commercial, You must stop at any checkpoint & identify urself. Infact if Na soldier checkpoint, even if you be police officer you must follow que like every bloody civilian. that ID is only useful when fellow FRSC officials nab you. It's actually much better to get an FG plate number with a government Id card to match, no be only soldier, even traffic police will clear way for you , No police harresment, VIO, FRSC, Infact d go even greet you with respect
Re: How To Be An FRSC Special Marshal by kinzation(m): 12:16pm On Apr 27, 2019
TheTrueSeeker2:

wow...this is so nice
den nor fit stop.You fro road laelae with this I.d bros

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians In Jamaica / Is Cyprus A Good Country To Go And Hustle / Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.