Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,254 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:49 AM

Does A Canadian Citizen Need A Visa To Visit Nigeria? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Does A Canadian Citizen Need A Visa To Visit Nigeria? (2432 Views)

Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Nigerian-canadian Citizen Illegally Detained By Border Patrol For 8 Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does A Canadian Citizen Need A Visa To Visit Nigeria? by oluayebenz: 1:43pm On Apr 25, 2019
Does a Canadian citizen need a visa to visit nigeria or just visa on arrival?
If not how easy is it to get a nigeria visa from Canada ?
Re: Does A Canadian Citizen Need A Visa To Visit Nigeria? by mankand(m): 2:06pm On Apr 25, 2019
Yes they do

1 Like

Re: Does A Canadian Citizen Need A Visa To Visit Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Apr 25, 2019
See me see question oo. So Nigeria is not a country abi undecided

3 Likes

Re: Does A Canadian Citizen Need A Visa To Visit Nigeria? by bankole200(m): 4:33pm On Apr 25, 2019
Yes. visa is needed to visit Nigeria. Business/tourist visa will do. It can be obtained at Nigeria embassy in canada or at the point of entry to Nigeria(Visa on arrival)

1 Like

Re: Does A Canadian Citizen Need A Visa To Visit Nigeria? by salford: 5:40pm On Apr 25, 2019
oluayebenz:
you better go and get your Nigerian passport like everyone else. its costs between $96 to $130 USD.

1 Like

Re: Does A Canadian Citizen Need A Visa To Visit Nigeria? by oluayebenz: 4:37am On Apr 26, 2019
NewBea:
See me see question oo. So Nigeria is not a country abi undecided

Lots of.countries grant free entry to canadians

Even south Africa is visa free for Canadian
Re: Does A Canadian Citizen Need A Visa To Visit Nigeria? by oluayebenz: 4:38am On Apr 26, 2019
bankole200:
Yes. visa is needed to visit Nigeria. Business/tourist visa will do. It can be obtained at Nigeria embassy in canada or at the point of entry to Nigeria(Visa on arrival)

Is that possible for Canadian ?
Re: Does A Canadian Citizen Need A Visa To Visit Nigeria? by oluayebenz: 4:39am On Apr 26, 2019
salford:

you better go and get your Nigerian passport like everyone else. its costs between $96 to $130 USD.

The person visiting is 100% Canadian
Re: Does A Canadian Citizen Need A Visa To Visit Nigeria? by optimusprime2(m): 12:44pm On Apr 26, 2019
This is where you get to see that unlike other countries, Nigeria requires a visa for "ALL" western passport holder's- US, UK, Canada, and EU countries all included.

In fact if not for Osibanjos intervention for business travelers to Nigeria, Nigeria's visa was ranked as one of the toughest visas to obtain in terms of the visa procedure difficuly- The inconsistency of Nigerian embassies also made matters worse.

4 Likes

Re: Does A Canadian Citizen Need A Visa To Visit Nigeria? by oluayebenz: 2:52pm On Apr 26, 2019
optimusprime2:
This is where you get to see that unlike other countries, Nigeria requires a visa for "ALL" western passport holder's- US, UK, Canada, and EU countries all included.

In fact if not for Osibanjos intervention for business travelers to Nigeria, Nigeria's visa was ranked as one of the toughest visas to obtain in terms of the visa procedure difficuly- The inconsistency of Nigerian embassies also made matters worse.

I now see the reason nigeria lack foreign investors.

With that population nigeria should have a lot of foreign companies. Who will pass through hell just for nigeria visa.

4 Likes

Re: Does A Canadian Citizen Need A Visa To Visit Nigeria? by Mizwisdom(f): 6:35pm On Apr 26, 2019
oluayebenz:

With that population nigeria should have a lot of foreign companies. Who will pass through hell just for nigeria visa.

We don't lack foreign investors, it's a good thing our visa is difficult to get just like they make us go through hell to get theirs, when the table turns we also make it very hard for them too.

11 Likes

Re: Does A Canadian Citizen Need A Visa To Visit Nigeria? by Beautyaddy: 8:40pm On Apr 26, 2019
optimusprime2:

lol!...Even with the so-called toughest visa they claim Nigeria has( which is still not entirely true) what is the current situation of Nigeria right now that it can boast about that is great compared to other countries whose visas are not tough
Re: Does A Canadian Citizen Need A Visa To Visit Nigeria? by salford1: 9:35pm On Apr 26, 2019
oluayebenz:

The person visiting is 100% Canadian
Then he/she needs a Nigerian visa.

1 Like

Re: Does A Canadian Citizen Need A Visa To Visit Nigeria? by oluayebenz: 11:17pm On Apr 26, 2019
salford1:

Then he/she needs a Nigerian visa.

So nothing like visa on arrival for Canadian ?
Re: Does A Canadian Citizen Need A Visa To Visit Nigeria? by oluayebenz: 11:19pm On Apr 26, 2019
optimusprime2:

Nothing like visa on arrival for those countries

1 Like

Re: Does A Canadian Citizen Need A Visa To Visit Nigeria? by optimusprime2(m): 4:07pm On Apr 27, 2019
Beautyaddy:

lol!...Even with the so-called toughest visa they claim Nigeria has( which is still not entirely true) what is the current situation of Nigeria right now that it can boast about that is great compared to other countries whose visas are not tough

A simple Google search will let you know why Nigeria has one of the toughest visa procedures in the world.

Secondly it is a very frustrating event to be at the mercy of Nigerian embassies abroad... brother, they will show you hell, visa sef go taya you to collect in some cases... Nigerian embassies ke... Tchai!

1 Like

Re: Does A Canadian Citizen Need A Visa To Visit Nigeria? by BusinessHub1: 8:27pm On Apr 27, 2019
optimusprime2:

There’s nothing tough in getting any nonsense visa Nigeria has to offer. The REAL truth is that what takes a day to get done in saner climes will take forever here because of lack of organization and coordination. Plus the head of the visa department may be a primary six holder who knows not what he/she is doing. Naija no follow abeg lets talk sth else. Thanks *drop mic*
Re: Does A Canadian Citizen Need A Visa To Visit Nigeria? by Mizwisdom(f): 8:40pm On Apr 27, 2019
BusinessHub1:

There’s nothing tough in getting any nonsense visa Nigeria has to offer. The REAL truth is that what takes a day to get done in saner climes will take forever here because of lack of organization and coordination. Plus the head of the visa department may be a primary six holder who knows not what he/she is doing. Naija no follow abeg lets talk sth else. Thanks *drop mic*

"In saner climes" is Trump your definition of sanity? grin

1 Like

Re: Does A Canadian Citizen Need A Visa To Visit Nigeria? by BusinessHub1: 9:21am On Apr 28, 2019
Mizwisdom:

"In saner climes" is Trump your definition of sanity? grin
Far far more better than the creature we have in Aso Rock!

1 Like

Re: Does A Canadian Citizen Need A Visa To Visit Nigeria? by Beautyaddy: 7:51pm On Apr 28, 2019
optimusprime2:

A simple Google search will let you know why Nigeria has one of the toughest visa procedures in the world.

Secondly it is a very frustrating event to be at the mercy of Nigerian embassies abroad... brother, they will show you hell, visa sef go taya you to collect in some cases... Nigerian embassies ke... Tchai!

I wont say that getting Nigeria visa is tough...it's more like it's not a straight forward process because the corruption already embedded in it makes it an avenue to exploit applicants.
Re: Does A Canadian Citizen Need A Visa To Visit Nigeria? by twnklshop: 7:40am On May 01, 2019
oluayebenz:

Canadian citizens require a visa to visit Nigeria. But if the Canadian is a business person/investor you can apply for a Nigerian visa on arrival on his or her behalf. Check the website of Nigeria Immigration for the details. I am currently applying for a Nigerian Visa on Arrival for a foreigner to visit Nigeria and would give an update on the outcome here.

1 Like

Re: Does A Canadian Citizen Need A Visa To Visit Nigeria? by twnklshop: 7:45am On May 01, 2019
oluayebenz:

Lots of.countries grant free entry to canadians

Even south Africa is visa free for Canadian

Those countries that grant free entry to Canadians have reciprocal arrangements, that is their citizens can enter Canada without visas too. Canada does not allow Nigerians to enter Canada without visas, so Nigeria should also not allow Canadians to enter Nigeria without visas.

3 Likes

Re: Does A Canadian Citizen Need A Visa To Visit Nigeria? by twnklshop: 7:49am On May 01, 2019
oluayebenz:

The Nigerian Visa on Arrival is to enable foreign investors to secure Nigerian Visa on Arrival after they make a prior application via email to Nigeria Immigration. Check the website of Nigeria Immigration for details. I believe this policy of the Nigerian Government makes it easier for foreign investors to get into Nigeria.
Re: Does A Canadian Citizen Need A Visa To Visit Nigeria? by oluayebenz: 5:06pm On May 01, 2019
twnklshop:

Canadian citizens require a visa to visit Nigeria. But if the Canadian is a business person/investor you can apply for a Nigerian visa on arrival on his or her behalf. Check the website of Nigeria Immigration for the details. I am currently applying for a Nigerian Visa on Arrival for a foreigner to visit Nigeria and would give an update on the outcome here.

Thank you so much for the enlightenment
I appreciate
Re: Does A Canadian Citizen Need A Visa To Visit Nigeria? by oluayebenz: 5:10pm On May 01, 2019
twnklshop:

[b]Those countries that grant free entry to Canadians have reciprocal arrangements, that is their citizens can enter Canada without visas too. [/b]Canada does not allow Nigerians to enter Canada without visas, so Nigeria should also not allow Canadians to enter Nigeria without visas.

I dont get this cleared enough.

For instance...... Jamaican went through hell to get Canada visa just like it is in Nigeria but Canadians traveled there without visa, the door is always open for canadians and these applies to many third world countries which South Africa is included
Re: Does A Canadian Citizen Need A Visa To Visit Nigeria? by oluayebenz: 5:13pm On May 01, 2019
twnklshop:

The Nigerian Visa on Arrival is to enable foreign investors to secure Nigerian Visa on Arrival after they make a prior application via email to Nigeria Immigration. Check the website of Nigeria Immigration for details. I believe this policy of the Nigerian Government makes it easier for foreign investors to get into Nigeria.

The person is coming for visiting I'm not sure she will qualified for visa on arrival.
And seems to get Nigerian visit/tourist visa no easy.
Re: Does A Canadian Citizen Need A Visa To Visit Nigeria? by Beautyaddy: 5:16pm On May 01, 2019
oluayebenz:

The person is coming for visiting I'm not sure she will qualified for visa on arrival.
And seems to get Nigerian visit/tourist visa no easy.

Has this person tried getting the Nigerian visa and have been denied
Re: Does A Canadian Citizen Need A Visa To Visit Nigeria? by twnklshop: 5:17am On May 04, 2019
twnklshop:

I promised to give an update on the outcome of the Nigerian Visit on Arrival I applied for my foreign business partner to visit Nigeria. My business partner is scheduled to arrive Nigeria tomorrow, May 5, 2019 and the Visa on Arrival Approval Letter was sent to my email yesterday (May 3, 2019) by Nigeria Immigration. I have forwarded the Visa on Arrival Approval Letter to my business partner. My business partner is supposed to pay for his Nigerian Visa online on the website of Nigeria Immigration then he can proceed to board his flight to Nigeria with his Visa on Arrival Approval Letter. Upon arrival at Murtala Muhammed International Airport he would proceed to the Visa on Arrival desk and show his Visa on Arrival Approval Letter and evidence of payment of the visa fee then he would be issued a Nigerian Business Visa at the port of entry.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Passport Holders Don’t Need Visas To Visit These 44 Countries! / Beautiful Christmas Decoration On Zenith Street V.I [PHOTO] / Lagos To Ibadan By Rail...Real Time.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.