Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,348 members, 7,819,236 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta (40465 Views)

UK Establishes Visa Centre In Enugu / PHOTO NEWS: Ibeno Beach Tourist Centre / How To Locate Olumo Rock In Abeokuta Direction By Aveecol Ewagoyin And Bread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by travelwaka: 6:10pm On Apr 25, 2019
So I decided to visit the popular Olumo Rock and it was truly a beauty to behold. It is one of the oldest and most popular tourist attraction in Nigeria. It is located in Abeokuta. It has so many historical tales. It serves as a fortress for the then Egba People who used it as a safe house during the war. It was also a perfect vantage point to site incoming enemies. Olumo rock became a tourist attraction in 1976 and was renovated in 2006

gate fee is 1,000 per adult

Enjoy the picture story

Olumo Rock Entrance

Olumo Rock Tourist Complex

Section of the mountain

The Olumo Rock Priestess who is 135 years old

Cross Section of the city from the top of the rock

Source : https://www.travelwaka.com/everything-you-need-to-know-about-olumo-rock-tourist-centre/

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by travelwaka: 6:14pm On Apr 25, 2019
Exclusive -
Olumo Rock has lots of history

3 Likes

Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by travelwaka: 6:19pm On Apr 25, 2019
1. Fountain at the rock

2. Restaurant at Olumo Rock

3. Multi purpose hall at Olumo Rock

4. Section of the rock

4 Likes

Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by travelwaka: 6:25pm On Apr 25, 2019
Popular tourist sites you can sight from the top of the mountain, eg
the first Alake Palace
The first Mosque in Abeokuta
the first church in Nigeria

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by travelwaka: 6:29pm On Apr 25, 2019
The complex and a cross section of the car park

read More and see more pictures here https://www.travelwaka.com/everything-you-need-to-know-about-olumo-rock-tourist-centre/

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by travelwaka: 6:32pm On Apr 25, 2019
lalasticlala you need to see this and go to this place

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by markidoo(m): 6:33pm On Apr 25, 2019
FTC

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by judedave181: 6:47pm On Apr 25, 2019
Wao this is interesting. I will like to visit someday.

4 Likes

Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by judedave181: 6:47pm On Apr 25, 2019

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by travelwaka: 10:18pm On Apr 25, 2019
judedave181:

I have taken a couple of people there on tour , you can contact me though

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by superior1: 10:19pm On Apr 25, 2019
Egba awon omo lisabi

6 Likes

Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by lonelydora: 10:19pm On Apr 25, 2019
Interesting. The pictures are making me want to visit there
Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by harley88(m): 10:20pm On Apr 25, 2019
Looks quite boring to me

I think I was banned for about two weeks or so. Couldn't reply, like, or share posts. To the MOd that banned me, hope your account is reading 6 zeros. Nonsense and Nairaland mods

22 Likes

Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by Nobody: 10:20pm On Apr 25, 2019
Village settings

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by kalvoken(m): 10:20pm On Apr 25, 2019
grin
The roofs though.

This is called mud roof.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by Omonaijani: 10:21pm On Apr 25, 2019

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by Nobody: 10:21pm On Apr 25, 2019
travelwaka:
So I decided to visit the popular Olumo Rock and it was truly a beauty to behold. It is one of the oldest and most popular tourist attraction in Nigeria. It is located in Abeokuta. It has so many historical tales. It serves as a fortress for the then Egba People who used it as a safe house during the war. It was also a perfect vantage point to site incoming enemies. Olumo rock became a tourist attraction in 1976 and was renovated in 2006

Enjoy the picture story

Olumo Rock Entrance

Section of the mountain

Source : https://www.travelwaka.com/everything-you-need-to-know-about-olumo-rock-tourist-centre/

travelwaka:

Enjoy the picture story

Olumo Rock Entrance

Section of the mountain

Nigeria does keep birth and death record of their citizens l, so tell us she is the priestess not anything about the age!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by Uniform123: 10:21pm On Apr 25, 2019
Ok
Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by JamesUSA(m): 10:23pm On Apr 25, 2019
wink
Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by madjune(m): 10:24pm On Apr 25, 2019
All i can see are Afonja red roofs everywhere.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by travelwaka: 10:25pm On Apr 25, 2019
madjune:
All i can see are Afonja red roofs everywhere.
Don't make this a tribal war please

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by Nobody: 10:26pm On Apr 25, 2019
LOL! Brown roof every where......

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by tstx(m): 10:26pm On Apr 25, 2019
Dead tourist spot

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by Ilamina(f): 10:27pm On Apr 25, 2019
i saw better tourist sites at France

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by Nobody: 10:32pm On Apr 25, 2019
Go to Ondo or Ekiti. You go see rock wey big pass this one

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by prinsam30: 10:33pm On Apr 25, 2019
like these ones here

Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by Iamgrey5(m): 10:34pm On Apr 25, 2019
I remember visiting this place during an excursion in my Early days in secondary School some 14 years ago.

I could recall there was a lift.

I remember we were told about some old woman we are not suppose to laugh at no matter the temptation.

I remember we were told about the historical significance of the olumo rock in protecting the Egbas from the Dahomey rades.

Good times !

4 Likes

Re: Pictures From Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta by castrokins(m): 10:38pm On Apr 25, 2019
Brown Roof Republic (BRR)

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Calabar Mega City Master Plan (AKWACROSS 2040) / Man’s Parked Jeep Wrangler Smashed By A Tree Being Cut In ikoyi, Lagos / Ambode’s New Bus Stop Shelters: Can They Stand The Test Of Time?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.