Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,246 members, 7,829,453 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) - Phones (141) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) (213391 Views)

Official Wallpaper Thread / Mobile Phone Camera Thread / WALLPAPER THREAD!!! Super Cool Wallpapers For You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (170) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) by Mindsmind: 10:27am On Jan 27, 2020
m

Re: The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) by BoluwajiPieters: 10:31am On Jan 27, 2020
Victoronah1:
Using Gcam on a phone that is not pixel is illegal. Don't try to justify yourself by claim he posted fake pictures not from his phone. Go to the first page, he made it clear that you should post and tag your phone. He never said you can't post pix from the internet if it is beautiful. He did it and wrote concept on every one. Never claimed he owned them. English is hard to understand. All the pictures are non copyrighted. He has sole right to even claim it as his own.

LOL.

You trying to defend him is even making the whole thing more laughable. I just went through the first few pages of the thread and saw some pictures taken using Xiaomi's stock camera. The problem is not even taking pictures off the internet, the issue is him posting it here without clarification shows he MIGHT want to pass the picture as his own --- including taking credits or otherwise for it. It doesn't show originality he's been advocating for.

To err is human. There are loopholes everywhere but let's move on, please!
Re: The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) by Victoronah1: 10:36am On Jan 27, 2020
BoluwajiPieters:

LOL.

You trying to defend him is even making the whole thing more laughable. I just went through the first few pages of the thread and saw some pictures taken using Xiaomi's stock camera. The problem is not even taking pictures off the internet, the issue is him posting it here without clarification shows he MIGHT want to pass the picture as his own --- including taking credits or otherwise for it. It doesn't show originality he's been advocating for.

To err is human. There are loopholes everywhere but let's move on, please!
yeah. I don't know why everyone is taking it serious as if there life depended on it. He has done it. And I believe he won't do it again. The guy is good at accepting mistakes by the way. So let's move on. He didn't scam anyone neither is he a criminal to all those calling him names.
Re: The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) by BoluwajiPieters: 10:39am On Jan 27, 2020
Victoronah1:
yeah. I don't know why everyone is taking it serious as if there life depended on it. He has done it. And I believe he won't do it again. The guy is good at accepting mistakes by the way. So let's move on. He didn't scam anyone neither is he a criminal to all those calling him names.

Yeah, bro! ...but still, we shouldn't try to defend it. It's not good enough but it's not enough to call for his head.
Re: The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) by Nobody: 11:24am On Jan 27, 2020
Victoronah1:
go and read that particular picture young man. The owner of the pix says not attributes is required. You can post a pic to a site that requires attributes and decide not to take credit.
if that is the picture details then the greatest crime he has committed is not lying he snapped but Lying that the picture is from A pixel Phone....

Nikon D7000 is a professional camera oooo

Re: The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) by Victoronah1: 11:40am On Jan 27, 2020
Kallmerb:
if that is the picture details then the greatest crime he has committed is not lying he snapped but Lying that the picture is from A pixel Phone....

Nikon D7000 is a professional camera oooo

quote where he said it.
Re: The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:41am On Jan 27, 2020
This thread has become nonsensical. Who has the link to the new thread?

BTW, there's absolutely nothing wrong with posting GCam shots. It's not misleading of a phone's abilities, either.

About it being illegal, don't be ridiculous. Android is open source. It's literally called the Android Open Source Project. AOSP. The only illegal thing would be asking people to pay to download Gcam. Unofficial ports are NOT illegal and do not breach copyright.

If I install Gcam on my phone and take a great shot, that means that, yes, my phone is capable of such a shot. Anyone interested in replicating it should install the same Gcam port.

I've used a number of flagship phones--I currently use a V40, while waiting for the S20 to launch--and I always install Gcam. S10 users use Gcam, Note 10 users use Gcam, OnePlus 7T Pro users use Gcam. In fact, I wouldn't buy a phone that doesn't support Gcam.

The idea that Gcam is misleading is completely nonsensical.

Yes, those who say the thread should only offer a platform for stock camera shots have a point. It would be nice to see what stock cameras are capable, but the Gcam hate I'm seeing is completely uncalled for.

Again, who get link to the new thread. All I care about is sharing potentially interesting photos I took--and getting feedback---not any of this nonsense

14 Likes

Re: The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) by genius43(m): 11:46am On Jan 27, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

BTW, there's absolutely nothing wrong with posting GCam shots. It's not misleading of a phone's abilities, either.

About it being illegal, don't be ridiculous. Android is open source. It's literally called the Android Open Source Project. AOSP. The only illegal thing would be asking people to pay to download Gcam. Unofficial ports are NOT illegal and do not breach copyright.

If I install Gcam on my phone and take a great shot, that means that, yes, my phone is capable of such a shot. Anyone interested in replicating it should install the same Gcam port.

I've used a number of flagship phones--I currently use a V40, while waiting for the S20 to launch--and I always install Gcam. S10 users use Gcam, Note 10 users use Gcam, OnePlus 7T Pro users use Gcam. In fact, I wouldn't buy a phone that doesn't support Gcam.

Yes, those who say the thread should only offer a platform for stock camera shots have a point. It would be nice to see what stock cameras are capable, but the Gcam hate I'm seeing is completely uncalled for.

Again, who get link to the new thread. All I care about is sharing potentially interesting photos I took--and getting feedback---not any of this nonsense

The OP started the fire and gave room for trollers to take over, by the time he decided to quench the fire it had already turned into an out of control wildfire.

"Every action has an equal and opposite reaction" - Sir. Isaac Newton

https://www.nairaland.com/5605811/picture-gallery-mobile-photography-art

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) by MeshachMARTINS(m): 11:47am On Jan 27, 2020
smiley

Re: The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) by MeshachMARTINS(m): 11:48am On Jan 27, 2020
How to post picture off the internet:

Re: The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) by Victoronah1: 11:52am On Jan 27, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

you think something is nonsense to you is not to another person. Thread is thread new or old. It's your pictures that matter. Shalom
Re: The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) by Nobody: 11:56am On Jan 27, 2020
genius43:

and now has it in any way made me a little bit richer? Post anywhere you want to post bro, I don't make money from it, I don't make anything. I only created this thread to enlighten people. And I am sure it has done so. And there are people who don't care what others think that will still post pictures here.
Once more I never sent anybody away from here. I'm in the office have a nice day.
Re: The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) by Horiolah(m): 11:56am On Jan 27, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Are you selling the v40?
Re: The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:57am On Jan 27, 2020
Horiolah:

Are you selling the v40?

No, sir.
Re: The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) by Horiolah(m): 11:58am On Jan 27, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

No, sir.

Ok.
Re: The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) by genius43(m): 12:00pm On Jan 27, 2020
CHESTER48:
and now has it in any way made me a little bit richer? Post anywhere you want to post bro, I don't make money from it, I don't make anything. I only created this thread to enlighten people. And I am sure it has done so. And there are people who don't care what others think that will still post pictures here.
Once more I never sent anybody away from here. I'm in the office have a nice day.

And you still had to bring your Myopic reasoning into it.

FYI: Alot of us here have Jobs/Businesses as well

Have a nice day.

8 Likes

Re: The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) by MeshachMARTINS(m): 12:02pm On Jan 27, 2020
Horiolah:

Are you selling the v40?
no... He want to dash me cheesy
Re: The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) by Victoronah1: 12:03pm On Jan 27, 2020
What the op simply did is called cheating. And everyone here who ever posted a gcam shot has cheated. If he has to be punished, so as everyone who has take a gcam post.
Forget all brothers and let the thread flow. Everyone is guilty. But op, don't cheat next time jare it's not fair. Let's the game ball grin grin grin grin
Re: The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) by Horiolah(m): 12:04pm On Jan 27, 2020
MeshachMARTINS:
no... He want to dash me cheesy

See ya mouth.

Long time bro, what's good?
Re: The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) by genius43(m): 12:05pm On Jan 27, 2020
Victoronah1:
What the op simply did is called cheating. And everyone here who ever posted a gcam shot has cheated. If he has to be punished, so as everyone who has take a gcam post.
Forget all brothers and let the thread flow. Everyone is guilty. But op, don't chest next time jare it's not fair. Let's the game ball grin grin grin grin

Why are you going on and on over the issue? Let it die in a natural way.
Re: The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jan 27, 2020
pixel. Time 5:40pm
Night sight

1 Like

Re: The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jan 27, 2020
CHESTER48:
pixel. Time 5:40pm
Night sight
cool.... A honest shot
Re: The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) by maclawrence02(m): 12:22pm On Jan 27, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

https://www.nairaland.com/5605811/picture-gallery-mobile-photography-art/20
Here you have it. Thank me later.
Re: The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) by dayveed1(m): 12:26pm On Jan 27, 2020
KngGezy:

He should admit he is guilty of what? He didn't pass the image off as his. The person that asked him a question wanted to know how the shot was achieved. Any person with standard photography knowledge will be able to discern how that shot was taken

I went back to read his comment. Only once did he mistakenly use the personal pronoun "I". Which to any non judgemental mind will be seen as a mistake.

And being that the device that captured this image is the same thing he is using. He can pass this off as his image
I'm starting to feel like the same CHESTER48 also runs this account. Or you're just an unrepentant azzlicker. grin

3 Likes

Re: The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jan 27, 2020
Kallmerb:
cool.... A honest shot
any shot you see captioned or concept Just know it's not mine. All others pictures were exclusively my rights. Thanks bro one love
Re: The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) by maclawrence02(m): 12:28pm On Jan 27, 2020
CHESTER48:
any shot you see captioned. Just know it's not mine
And you are saying this now?
Re: The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jan 27, 2020
CHESTER48:
any shot you see captioned. Just know it's not mine
OK better.... My advice,Avoid KngGezy at all cost.... The guy is toxic
Re: The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) by dayveed1(m): 12:29pm On Jan 27, 2020
DExponential:

He can pass it off as his image? Just wow!
Lol bruh can you imagine. cheesy
Re: The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) by maclawrence02(m): 12:30pm On Jan 27, 2020
Kallmerb:
Until that guy ruins him he will never listen.
Re: The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jan 27, 2020
pixel 3
Portrait time 4:15 pm.

Re: The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jan 27, 2020
maclawrence02:

And you are saying this now?
now you know. Does it make you any better?
Re: The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jan 27, 2020
Kallmerb:
alright.

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (170) (Reply)

Make Free Mtn To Mtn Calls With This Code! / Exciting Innjoo I1 With Amazing Specs / How To Flash Your Android Phone Free Without Going To Engineers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.