Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,186 members, 7,953,660 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:08 PM

Ekiti, Ondo, Kwara And Benue Ready To Pay New Minimum Wage - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti, Ondo, Kwara And Benue Ready To Pay New Minimum Wage (22216 Views)

There Will Be Jail Time For Employers Who Don't Pay New Minimum Wage - FG / Yahaya Bello Promises To Pay New Minimum Wage, With Months Of Unpaid Salaries / Nigerians React As Saraki Dances At Atiku's Campaign In Ekiti & Ondo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekiti, Ondo, Kwara And Benue Ready To Pay New Minimum Wage by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:27am On Apr 26, 2019
How can Governor Ahmed whose tenure is ending in May agree to the new minimum wage without consulting with the Governor elect?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti, Ondo, Kwara And Benue Ready To Pay New Minimum Wage by ayfay047(f): 10:32am On Apr 26, 2019
OCEANMORGAN:
undecided

I am here laughing at some Governors, even Samuel Ortom too.

Why laughing?
Re: Ekiti, Ondo, Kwara And Benue Ready To Pay New Minimum Wage by Nobody: 10:34am On Apr 26, 2019
ayfay047:

Why laughing?

Do you know how many months Benue workers are owned salary by the state government??
Do you know what the Governor have been using the bailout money and the Paris club fund for??
You will laugh at some of these Governors when you know what they are doing to the state Civil Servant at 18,000 minimum wage, especially Kogi State.
https://www.nairaland.com/5154570/kogi-govt-owing-workers-38
Re: Ekiti, Ondo, Kwara And Benue Ready To Pay New Minimum Wage by Nobody: 10:36am On Apr 26, 2019
where is my state kogi
Re: Ekiti, Ondo, Kwara And Benue Ready To Pay New Minimum Wage by Sanromeo(m): 10:40am On Apr 26, 2019
God bless Governor Akeredolu.

I knew he won't fall my hand. A working Governor.
Re: Ekiti, Ondo, Kwara And Benue Ready To Pay New Minimum Wage by Ivanmykel(f): 10:48am On Apr 26, 2019
Burgerlomo:

No worry yahsef LS fit pay double the amount because dem be big brother to other States cool

Lol
I pray so o
Re: Ekiti, Ondo, Kwara And Benue Ready To Pay New Minimum Wage by garfield1: 10:49am On Apr 26, 2019
Sanromeo:
God bless Governor Akeredolu.

I knew he won't fall my hand. A working Governor.
The inclusion of ortom there has rubbished the whole promises though i know fayemi will pay.the only other governors i know will pay is edo and lagos governors
Re: Ekiti, Ondo, Kwara And Benue Ready To Pay New Minimum Wage by DONADAMS(m): 11:04am On Apr 26, 2019
my Benue abi another Benue dey naija again? jokers grin

1 Like

Re: Ekiti, Ondo, Kwara And Benue Ready To Pay New Minimum Wage by mideactive: 11:08am On Apr 26, 2019
Ondo state?With unpayed gratuity since 2012.OK!
Re: Ekiti, Ondo, Kwara And Benue Ready To Pay New Minimum Wage by wink2015(m): 11:20am On Apr 26, 2019
ayfay047:
The Governors of Ekiti, Ondo, Kwara and Benue have assured workers in their states of their readiness to pay the N30,000 new minimum wage

- Governor Fayemi said his government would pay the new minimum wage for effective and efficient service delivery

- His Ondo counterpart, Rotimi Akeredolu, said his government is not against the new minimum wage and urged the federal govt to look into the revenue allocation sharing formula

- Benue governor, Samuel Ortom, said consultations would soon begin towards successful implementation of the new wage

- On his part, Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed of Kwara said his administration was committed to paying the new minimum wage The governors of Ekiti (Kayode Fayemi), Ondo (Rotimi Akeredolu), Kwara (Abdulfatah Ahmed) and Benue (Samuel Ortom) have assured workers in their states of their readiness to pay the N30,000 new minimum wage. They made the disclosure at different fora on Thursday, April 26, The Nation reports.

Legit.ng gathers that Fayemi, speaking at the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) Delegates’ Conference in Ado-Ekiti, said the welfare of the workers had always been his concern. Fayemi, who was represented by his chief of staff, Biodun Omoleye, asserted that his government would pay the new minimum wage for effective and efficient service delivery.

On his part, the Ondo governor, Rotimi Akeredolu, spoke during the inauguration of Sunday Adeleye as the state’s NLC chairman.

Akeredolu, who was represented by the Ondo state head of service, Toyin Akinkuotu, however, pleaded with the federal government to review the present revenue sharing formula to enable states cope with the new increment.

He said: “We are not against the new minimum wage and if we are not against it, we are in support. “Our prayer is that the federal government should look into the revenue allocation sharing formula, by giving more money to states and local governments to enable them to implement the new minimum wage.”

The Benue governor, Samuel Ortom, made his own stance at the JS Tarka Foundation, Makurdi while opening the Benue state NLC Council Delegates’ Conference. According to Ortom, if funds were available, workers deserved even more than N30,000. The governor said consultations would soon begin towards successful implementation of the new wage. He, however, implored the federal government to review the Revenue Allocation Formula in favour of states, in order to facilitate the smooth implementation of the new wage.

Also, Abdulfatah Ahmed, the governor of Kwara, stated that his administration was committed to paying the new minimum wage.

The governor’s senior special assistant on media and communications, Dr Muyideen Akorede, said: “In this regard, the government set up a committee headed by the head of service, Mrs Modupe Susan, to work out the modalities and sources of revenue for the payment, months before the president signed the new minimum wage into law.

“The committee is expected to submit its report to Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed next two weeks.” Ahmed added that civil servants were not being owed any salary arrears by the state government.

However, the governor said the state government is owing junior secondary school teachers and local government workers some months’ salaries.

According to the state government, the teachers and council workers are in the payroll of the Kwara State Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEB).

Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that the Nigeria Labour Congress warned all its state chapters against accepting any renegotiation for downward review of the already signed minimum wage law of N30,000 from governors.

The national president of the NLC, Ayuba Wabba, made the declaration in Ado Ekiti, Ekiti state, as he presided over the election of a new leadership of the labour organization in the state.

SOURCE: https://www.legit.ng/1235355-4-states-declare-readiness-pay-minimum-wage.html

ALL THE 36 STATES IN NIGERIA INCLUDING THE FCT ABUJA CAN PAY THE NEW MINIMUN WAGE.

IT IS CORRUPTION BY OUR POLITICAL CLASS ESPECIALLY MOST OF OUR GOVERNORS WHO DO NOT WANT TO LEAVE THEIR CORRUPT LIFESTYLE.

Imagine A governor in Zamfara state wanting to live like a governor from Oil rich Akwa Ibom state.

Again, what happened to their huge security votes?
Re: Ekiti, Ondo, Kwara And Benue Ready To Pay New Minimum Wage by Collins87: 12:04pm On Apr 26, 2019
Who is Benue State governor and did he say about the new minimum wage. Nonsense. Oya, Sir, how many months are u owing d state. Thank God, he said he will negotiate as usual.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti, Ondo, Kwara And Benue Ready To Pay New Minimum Wage by DollyBig: 12:35pm On Apr 26, 2019
kemi112:
If you have written ANY foreign examinations (TOEFL, IELTS. SAT, GRE GMAT) before and your point is below cut off point. Or u haven't written any exam before kindly message me, we are going to provide u 100% assistance.
As a consulting firm we register you to any center in Nigeria and follow up till result is out
*Kindly contact me now for assistance*
����
0 7 0 6 4 5 1 3 5 0 1 OR mail youngpop702@gmail.com
Thanks you

I'm writing IELTS. The last one I wrote, I scored 7points but I need at least 8points. What kind of assistance do you provide? I'm writing again next month.
Re: Ekiti, Ondo, Kwara And Benue Ready To Pay New Minimum Wage by naira0(m): 12:35pm On Apr 26, 2019
I have a question... are states going to work out a formula or was there a formula worked out by Labour which the States are expected to implement. I ask because during GEJ's era, States were allowed to go and implement as it suits them and the result was that some States paid quite less than the 18k benchmark.

Any agreed/worked out formula?
Re: Ekiti, Ondo, Kwara And Benue Ready To Pay New Minimum Wage by Topshow2010(m): 12:50pm On Apr 26, 2019
Eleribu ni Ahmed Fatai sha ,person wey no fit pay 18k wan set trap for the incoming government ni
Eleribu ni Ahmed Fatai sha ,person wey no fit pay 18k wan set trap for the incoming government ni

(1) (2) (Reply)

Angry Lagosians At Ijagemo Chased Away Land Use Charge Officials / Lekki Toll Gate: Arrest Bala Mohammed, Abbas, Not Protesters - HURIWA / The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.