Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,659 members, 7,958,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 08:49 AM

Delta State Cities And Edo State Cities Development, Which Is Better? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Delta State Cities And Edo State Cities Development, Which Is Better? (1491 Views)

Some Ghanaian Cities And Big Towns. / Big Python Killed In Uhonmora, Edo State By My Brother (Photos) / Bus Crushes A Man To Death In Benin, Edo State (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Delta State Cities And Edo State Cities Development, Which Is Better? by naijafinder: 11:36am On Apr 26, 2019
The former Bendel state, now know as Delta state and Edo state how far has both state cities development gone.

Due to the nature of my work I was able to move around both state cities and i realized that Edo state development is just in Benin City only, while other cities like Auchi, Uromi, Irrua, Ubiaja development are quite unimpressive compare to delta state cities like Warri, Ughelli, Asaba, Sapele, Oghara, Agbor etc.

I was expecting Benin City as former Bendel state Capital to be at least exceed delta towns in terms of development.

Does that mean Oshiimola didn't work, how come delta state villages or towns have more tarred road and better town compare to Edo state despite the fact the former governor of delta state was charged for corruption.

From my personal view, I feel Delta state has more developing town compare to other state in the South - South.

Travelling from Benin City-Delta--Ph you will noticed almost all road that leads to a village or town are all tarred in delta state.

I visited Auchi and stayed for some days, it's a nice town to say. The following week I went to Delta state and visited Sapele, Ughelli, Oghara, Agbor and I spent just two days on each city and I was surprise to see that each of this town are better than Auchi which is the next open town after Benin City, what has really gone wrong with our Edo state Governor's

Benin City is nice also with lot of Cute Girls around, but am also suprise to say that Warri and other neighboring town which are all called Warri also seems better than Benin City, note that Warri is not the Capital.

I just hope the current Governor will do better in Edo. Not that Delta state is that beautify but compare to Edo and other western state aside Lagos is far better.

Benin City is a big town with road network as seen on Google map but with alot of un-tarred road, in this case edo really needs good and fast development. Delta state Government and Edo need to top up their game.

1 Like

Re: Delta State Cities And Edo State Cities Development, Which Is Better? by Neatb(m): 1:04pm On Apr 26, 2019
Your observations are correct about Edo and Delta state in terms of development. The current Governor of Delta state has done so well in road construction,reason why he's called the road master. Delta state has always developed other cities aside its state capital and this helped in its development but much needs to be done
Re: Delta State Cities And Edo State Cities Development, Which Is Better? by naijafinder: 1:30pm On Apr 26, 2019
At least you must have seen the two State. In that case Okowa and Ibori are the two governors who have done well in Del.

It seems the current governor of Edo is also trying is best.

(1) (Reply)

Pre Purchase Vehicle Inspection Service / Opay Terminal Promo Till 14th Of Next Week / Insecurity: Nigeria Sliding Into Anarchy - Udoka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.