Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,877 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

How To Select The Right Robot Vacuum For Your Home - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / How To Select The Right Robot Vacuum For Your Home (1074 Views)

MI Smart Robot Vacuum Cleaner / Sophia, The First Android With Citizenship, Now Wants To Have A Robot Baby / Portable Car tyre pump and vacuum cleaner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Select The Right Robot Vacuum For Your Home by swapixnigeria(m): 12:57pm On Apr 26, 2019
There are a lot of robot vacuum cleaners in the market. All of them have different prices and different characteristics. Each of them has plenty of extra features which can help you clean your house or which you don't need at all. But how to choose the vacuum cleaner which suit you best?

We've compiled a short guide for you on how to start shopping for a robot vacuum.

What do you need the vacuum cleaner for?

Robots are our future and this device can clean your home and save your time. Yet keep in mind that the robot vacuum doesn't replace an upright vacuum or a deep housecleaning. It will help to pick up food crumbs, hair, cat litter, dust bunnies and all the other dense which we usually leave on the floors when we live in a house. You can schedule the robot vacuum to run once a day or a few times a week. Some of them have companion apps and the others have built-in HEPA filters. So, every robot vacuum should have only those features which personally you need.

How big is your house?

Consider this before you start looking for a robot vacuum. Some of them work better in apartments and townhomes while the others are better suited for big spaces. Also, figure out how much room you have under the furniture for the robot vacuum to pass through.

Hardwood or carpets?

Usually, all the robot vacuum models can handle carpets and hardwood, but some of them are better at cleaning one or the other. Cheap models can't deal well with hard floors. If you have a mix of flooring choose among the best and expensive robot vacuum models.

Mapping function

Cheap robot vacuum models clean a house in a random pattern. They will clean the home well but probably this is not the best way of cleaning.

More recent and more expensive models have a mapping function which allows you to make it clean in a more linear fashion and not to go over things twice.

Pets

If you have pets make sure that the robot vacuums model will handle with pet hair. Some of the models have good brushes which easily pick up pet hair underneath but don't get them around the brushes.

Filtration

It's important for robot vacuum cleaners and normal ones that their dust bin has a good filtration system. Most of them have a few of them, including HEPA filters which filter small particles and make floor and air cleaner for people with allergies.

Controls

Learn which functions each of the models has and how you can control them. E.g. some of the models have scheduling feature so you can make clean your house when you are out. It can run a turbo boost on carpets or can have an edge-clean function.

Charging Time

Charging time limits the number of cycles a robot vacuum can go through in a day because the normal charging time is 4 or 5 hours. If your house is large it should be able to clean all of it. If the capacity of its battery is not enough to clean your house it will go charging in the middle of the cleaning session. Then it should have a function to remember where it has cleaned. Otherwise, it will start again to clean what it has already cleaned. Again if the mapping is linear it will clean quicker.

Remote control

Some of the robot vacuums have a remote control to set a cleaning schedule or start the robot. The others, older models have the controls on the machine itself. The newer models support apps. So, you should also decide what kind of control suits you most.

Apps

The benefit of apps is that you can check the progress of cleaning when you are not at home, check if the bin is full, set your cleaning schedule, start your machine or send it back to dock.

As you can see, a vacuum cleaner is a device which should have exactly those parameters which you need for your personal use. Keep in mind all the mentioned features to choose the best for you and your family.

Do you have experience using robot vacuums? Can you share with your tips in the comments below?

Source: http:///2VzOcJT (click "Nigeria" in the right corner to buy or sell anything)
Re: How To Select The Right Robot Vacuum For Your Home by nicki1991(m): 3:06pm On Sep 16, 2019
I use vacuum cleaner to remove my hair on the floor
by the way, also there are some vacuum cleaners that are also good for those who have long hair smiley
vacuum cleaners easily sucks up all the lost hair a person has
Re: How To Select The Right Robot Vacuum For Your Home by brainstorm214(m): 3:08pm On Sep 16, 2019
Each year the technology contributes to the day-to-day functionality in order to make life easier for people. The vacuum cleaner is an example, it has come to help the lives of those who venture into domestic activities.

In the old days, around the 19th century, the vacuum cleaner was created to help people get rid of dust in a practical and quick way, but at the time it was a big expensive item, impractical and without many consumers. So it was necessary to adapt and improve the value, practicality and usability of the product so that everyone wanted to buy it. You can clean your home with cheap yet effective appliances like vacuum.

The companies have adapted and improved, creating various models, sizes and functionalities, to please anyone. Check out the advantages of using the vacuum cleaner in cleaning your home, rather than the conventional broom.

Advantages of the vacuum cleaner:

Only those who live in the day-to-day run know how difficult it is to take a few hours to organize the house and clean it. Therefore, the vacuum cleaner has become an important and often necessary ally. One of the biggest advantages of using the vacuum cleaner is the speed with which the person can clean the house or any other environment that he wants. If you spend hours of your day sweeping the house and trying to get all the dust off the floor, investing in an appliance like the best cheap vacuum cleaner for house cleaning is a great option. Because it greatly reduces House Cleaning time and helps keep the environment clean without too much effort.

Avoid allergies

People with allergies suffer from simple housekeeping if they use the broom. That’s because the dust ends up being reallocated rather than withdrawn, often even back to the place. Many people even develop rhinitis and other respiratory allergies over time because of the often exposed dust. The use of a vacuum cleaner, totally extract the dust and in addition it avoids the direct contact with the people, since it has a reservoir that leaves the accumulated dust there. You will find Cheap Vacuum Cleaners on the market.

Ergonomics

Nowadays it is not enough to work or perform a task, it has to be done in a safe way for health. Ergonomics is the optimization of working conditions, making life easier by some method or technology. The use of vacuum cleaner to clean the house does just that, making manual work easier. The most modern devices have an ergonomic technology, which allows you to reach narrow and low places without much effort.

Cleaning of sofas and upholstery

Another very good advantage of Vacuum Cleaners in budget is that with them it is possible to carry out cleaning maintenance on upholstery and sofas, and even the car .

First perform a specialized House Cleaning, and then to keep the environment clean use the vacuum cleaner at least once a week.
Re: How To Select The Right Robot Vacuum For Your Home by gangbang86: 3:21pm On Sep 16, 2019
One more advantage - vacuum cleaner is able to suck up all hair that is concentrated in our carpet (you know, sometimes it seems that our carpet goes at night and collects all the hair around the house simply to make me spend a lot of time trying to clear it...) Really, it's kind of magic, however, it's worth saying that there are my daughter and wife at house, so, maybe they specially comb out a handful of their locks onto the carpet... But, the advantage of the vacuum cleaner I bought stays in the fact that it's able to suck up all these locks from the carpet (thank heaven I found such a vacuum cleaner that is able to clean our poor carpet...) However, I had to clean the carpet off by my hands, and I was tired of such occupation, so I found an article with the Best Vacuum For Long Hair, and I immediately bought it... Ugh, I regret I didn't know about such device earlier, because when I purchased Shark APEX Upright my life dramatically changed smiley
Re: How To Select The Right Robot Vacuum For Your Home by Bananaz: 3:39pm On Jan 20, 2020
Thanks for this article. I guess it's finally the right time to get on of these because I have three cats now and it takes much time to clean my carpets of fur. Some might say that I should either keep carpets and get rid away from cats or vice versa... and I can't allow that! I was suggested that this robot vacuum https://robotsnavigator.com/best-robot-vacuum-for-carpet/ should be fine. What do you think? I guess everyone has a robot vacuum now.

(1) (Reply)

IPhone XS Max Brand New / Sold / S7 Edge For Sale...... Giveaway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.