Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

Problems With Real Estate - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Problems With Real Estate (296 Views)

Do You Have Problems With Tenants Not Paying Rents On Time? Talk To OGACARETAKER / Make 700,000 ROI In 7 Months. Earn Passive Income With Real Estate / Have You Wondered How You Can Make Money With Real Estate? Click And Find Out!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Problems With Real Estate by AjalaJ(m): 1:00pm On Apr 26, 2019
What are the disadvantages of owning a mansion?

There are some great answers here, I’ll tackle another angle. Maybe I’m old fashioned and conservative.

I’m a big fan of living beneath your means. A mansion is the antithesis of that, a peacock home with little utility. I strongly prefer a small, well-built and “cozy” environment to spend my time and raise my family.

I don’t see a mansion as a much better investment than a yacht, expensive to buy, maintain, and if you’re lucky you can sell for what you bought it for. I’m no real estate agent but my guess is there are much larger swings in luxury property values based on the economy.

Also, what do you actually do in a house? How far do you want to walk to get to the bedroom or bathroom, how many flights of stairs do you feel like traversing?

The expenses are obvious, every square foot is that much more to clean, maintain, put a roof on, and provide HVAC for. AND pay taxes on smiley

In disclosure, I live in a 1470 square foot ranch with a partially finished basement, so about 2000 square feet of living space with my wife, 2 kids, 2 cats, dog and parrot and I never feel like we’re lacking for room.

My favorite saying “The richest man alive is the one who realizes he has enough”. Really sings to me!

Source: https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-disadvantages-of-owning-a-mansion

Perfect Money/Payeer/Epay/Neteller/Skrill: ItuGlobal
Re: Problems With Real Estate by zhenpingcha: 5:15pm On Oct 27, 2020
Thank you for sharing. I also like this saying about a rich man.
Re: Problems With Real Estate by CharlesAlsop: 5:17pm On Oct 27, 2020
Hi, AjalaJ. I agree with your opinion and think the same, I guess I'm old-fashioned too. And it's great that you have a ranch, probably your children like to live there. As for me, I am against luxury and mansions, but there are people who like it and they can't imagine a different life. I prefer to live my life and think about what I like. Well, I always wanted to have a house with a sea view and I decided to surprise my family and buy such a house in Bulgaria. I will be able to save money (you can find cheap real estate on https://www.suprimmo.net/) and surprise my family. I think, it's great that we will have a place to stay and we will fly there several times a year.
Re: Problems With Real Estate by PaulReidGkG: 9:01pm On Oct 27, 2020
CharlesAlsop:
Hi, AjalaJ. I agree with your opinion and think the same, I guess I'm old-fashioned too. And it's great that you have a ranch, probably your children like to live there. As for me, I am against luxury and mansions, but there are people who like it and they can't imagine a different life. I prefer to live my life and think about what I like. Well, I always wanted to have a house with a sea view and I decided to surprise my family and buy such a house in Bulgaria. I will be able to save money (you can find cheap real estate on https://www.suprimmo.net/) and surprise my family. I think, it's great that we will have a place to stay and we will fly there several times a year.

Oh, I think that's a great idea. Congrats!
I also prefer to have a small cozy house, a mansion is too much for me.
Re: Problems With Real Estate by JBurgessXXX: 5:50am On Nov 04, 2020
I don't like big houses either. This is very inconvenient, especially when you live alone or with a small family.
Re: Problems With Real Estate by Octopus3000: 5:52am On Nov 04, 2020
I never liked small apartments or houses. I have lived in such dwellings for quite a long time, so I can say with confidence that they have their drawbacks and there are a lot of them. The most obvious problem is free space. For a very long time I dreamed of a house with two floors and a garage, but I could afford it only after 30 years. I was really happy when I found a cool home at jprealestateexperts.com . Yes, housing bills are really much higher than in a small apartment, especially in winter, when it is necessary to constantly maintain the temperature in the house. It seems to me, first of all, everything depends on the capabilities of the person, as well as his desires and marital status. I live with my family, so we needed a big house. It seems to me that if I were alone, I might think about buying a small apartment.
Re: Problems With Real Estate by JBurgessXXX: 5:52am On Nov 04, 2020
Octopus3000:
I never liked small apartments or houses. I have lived in such dwellings for quite a long time, so I can say with confidence that they have their drawbacks and there are a lot of them. The most obvious problem is free space. For a very long time I dreamed of a house with two floors and a garage, but I could afford it only after 30 years. I was really happy when I found a cool home at jprealestateexperts.com . Yes, housing bills are really much higher than in a small apartment, especially in winter, when it is necessary to constantly maintain the temperature in the house. It seems to me, first of all, everything depends on the capabilities of the person, as well as his desires and marital status. I live with my family, so we needed a big house. It seems to me that if I were alone, I might think about buying a small apartment.
Hmm... Interesting opinion!
Re: Problems With Real Estate by WilderPeters: 8:33am On Dec 14, 2021
There are many problems with real estate, but I want to now which problems The DC Team can identify. I will contact them now, and ask them to help me out.

(1) (Reply)

Looking For An Architect? / Royal Preston Park And Garden Estate Ibadan @ 300k Per Plot / 3 No Of 4 Bedroom Terrace Duplex Ikate Lekki For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.