Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,250 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:44 AM

‘I Prefer Being Addressed As Annie And Not Tubaba’s Wife - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / ‘I Prefer Being Addressed As Annie And Not Tubaba’s Wife (19906 Views)

2Face In Tears As Annie Idibia And Pero End Their Age-Long Rift / Isabella Idibia: Annie And 2face Idibia’s First Daughter Is So Grown! (photos) / Isabella Idibia: Annie And 2face Idibia's First Daughter Is So Grown! (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘I Prefer Being Addressed As Annie And Not Tubaba’s Wife by Gisters: 12:45am On Apr 27, 2019
GistMore.com

Star actress, Annie Idibia, has said that her year started on a rough note due to the fact that her father took ill for months.

Speaking exclusively with Saturday Beats, the screen diva revealed that her father was not always there for her siblings and her so she was raised single-handedly by her mother.

Due to that experience as a child, Idibia stated that she never prays that her children or any other kid would have to live without having both parents around to raise them.

She said, “This year started for me quite tough. I spent the first three months of this year in the hospital with my father because he had been sick for a while but God has been great and I am grateful.

“I am actually closer to my mother than my father because she raised us single-handedly. My father is still my father and since he was sick we had to rally round him.

“Growing up with only my mother really affected my life and I suffered and I do not ever want my children to face the agony of not having both parents together because it was so hard for us.

“Even right now, the way the world is, children are more enlightened than we were in our days, so the pressure would be harder on the kids from broken homes right now. I do not want my children to ever experience that.”

The actress, who is married to one of Africa’s biggest music stars, told Saturday Beats that she prefers to be addressed and identified on the basis of her own achievements as a movie practitioner rather than just the wife of Tubaba.

“I took a break from my career because after I got married, I got pregnant so I had a baby and had to get used to the new life. I think I did not do any movie for about three years.

“Being addressed as Tubaba’s wife instead of Annie the actress has been a problem that I have been trying to work on for a long time.

“I want to believe that I have successfully been able to identify and differentiate my brand as Annie Idibia the actress/career woman and Annie Idibia the wife/mother. I prefer being addressed as Annie and not Tubaba’s wife. I hate this because I am my own person and have worked hard to build my career and brand. I should be identified and respected on that basis,” she said.

Speaking of the secret of her trim and enviable figure despite being a mother of two, Idibia said, “I would like to say I have a good gene and my husband also have a good gene, so two good genes merged together.

“I try not to eat late and the days I can do exercises, I do them. I try to eat right, drink water and eat fruits. I try to avoid food like eba, rice, bread, etc.

“Also, as a working woman, I am up and about; I wake up very early and sleep very late. All these things make me lose weight.

“I believe that make-up is to enhance what you have or make your beauty more pronounced. I am very comfortable in my skin. I love my skin colour and my natural look.”

See more; http://gistmore.com/i-prefer-being-addressed-as-annie-and-not-tubabas-wife

1 Like

Re: ‘I Prefer Being Addressed As Annie And Not Tubaba’s Wife by Gisters: 12:47am On Apr 27, 2019

Re: ‘I Prefer Being Addressed As Annie And Not Tubaba’s Wife by Nobody: 1:21am On Apr 27, 2019
You are Annie, Tubaba's wife and mother of tubaba's children, well not all! why prefer one over others? How difficult is it to embrace the two? Maturity requires that we embrace the totality of who we are and the best way to shake the labels is accepting and becoming all of it. Blackish season 5 episode 20 addresses this.

Btw, Annie should not kid herself, she is a terrible actress and I do not know what else she does, who knows?

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘I Prefer Being Addressed As Annie And Not Tubaba’s Wife by axcer: 3:28am On Apr 27, 2019
Ok
Re: ‘I Prefer Being Addressed As Annie And Not Tubaba’s Wife by PrettyGist: 8:30am On Apr 27, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: ‘I Prefer Being Addressed As Annie And Not Tubaba’s Wife by Ciaos: 9:18am On Apr 27, 2019
Tubaba you hear wetin your wife dey talk. Wetin go happen to your children way dey with their mama way you no marry,no be dem and only their mama dey. Madam talking nonsense because tubaba marry am.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘I Prefer Being Addressed As Annie And Not Tubaba’s Wife by Houseofglam7(f): 9:21am On Apr 27, 2019
undecided
Re: ‘I Prefer Being Addressed As Annie And Not Tubaba’s Wife by kittykollinxx(m): 11:34am On Apr 27, 2019
She can't claim the ownership of a public property

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Prefer Being Addressed As Annie And Not Tubaba’s Wife by Shukusheka(m): 11:34am On Apr 27, 2019
masterchi:
You are Annie, Tubaba's wife and mother of tubaba's children, well not all! why prefer one over others? How difficult is it to embrace the two? Maturity requires that we embrace the totality of who we are and the best way to shake the labels is accepting and becoming all of it. Blackish season 5 episode 20 addresses this.

Btw, Annie should not kid herself, she is a terrible actress and I do not know what else she does, who knows?
Well she has a name, what is wrong in addressing her by that name?

10 Likes

Re: ‘I Prefer Being Addressed As Annie And Not Tubaba’s Wife by BackToLife: 11:34am On Apr 27, 2019
It's looking for the next home to break, I rebuke that spirit. You wan use your hand spoil you home abi? Laslas, you eye go.. See: https://www.nairaland.com/5156768/all-muslims-urgently-need-read

1 Like

Re: ‘I Prefer Being Addressed As Annie And Not Tubaba’s Wife by paddyofboss(m): 11:34am On Apr 27, 2019
Tubabas former gal.friend turned wife

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Prefer Being Addressed As Annie And Not Tubaba’s Wife by donaldde2: 11:35am On Apr 27, 2019
Are you saying u are not tubaba wife, abi what’s dis wan saying.

3 Likes

Re: ‘I Prefer Being Addressed As Annie And Not Tubaba’s Wife by ekestic1976(f): 11:35am On Apr 27, 2019
Good gal. Yeah, you deserve your portion of the land, if only because you're a Queen in your own right.

1 Like

Re: ‘I Prefer Being Addressed As Annie And Not Tubaba’s Wife by StarUp: 11:36am On Apr 27, 2019
The marriage don dey tire her be that grin ... Tell tale slangs spotted.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘I Prefer Being Addressed As Annie And Not Tubaba’s Wife by JubrilBuhari: 11:36am On Apr 27, 2019
Association of the Nigeria old cargoes cum frustrated feminist over to you. cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Prefer Being Addressed As Annie And Not Tubaba’s Wife by Alamu1111: 11:37am On Apr 27, 2019
Who u come be u be my wife na tubaba wife u be gba .
Re: ‘I Prefer Being Addressed As Annie And Not Tubaba’s Wife by Jokerman(m): 11:37am On Apr 27, 2019
If no be tubaba, who knows you

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘I Prefer Being Addressed As Annie And Not Tubaba’s Wife by Abass07(m): 11:37am On Apr 27, 2019
Good woman. The talk is a reasonable one. Why address her as tubaba's wife when she has a brand of her own? She is already bearing the surname.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘I Prefer Being Addressed As Annie And Not Tubaba’s Wife by donaldde2: 11:37am On Apr 27, 2019
kittykollinxx:
She can't claim the ownership of a public property

Hmmmmm, continue
Re: ‘I Prefer Being Addressed As Annie And Not Tubaba’s Wife by traihit: 11:37am On Apr 27, 2019
But is she not Tubaba's wife? Is she D'banj's wife? I just don't understand what point they're trying to make with all these rantings. I for one wouldn't know who bears the name Annie if not because she's Tubaba's wife.

1 Like

Re: ‘I Prefer Being Addressed As Annie And Not Tubaba’s Wife by simhost: 11:38am On Apr 27, 2019
angry grin

Even me prefer to send SMS using hosted sim to avoid DND wahala.

1 Like

Re: ‘I Prefer Being Addressed As Annie And Not Tubaba’s Wife by Cosyjoe: 11:38am On Apr 27, 2019
I firmly agree with her... Be known for ur personality

Connect us at DC creations for up-to-date website designs and logos, and social media marketing for your business at unbelievable fees. Click on https:///2349012628138 or email us at dccreations@yahoo.com to reach.

3 Likes

Re: ‘I Prefer Being Addressed As Annie And Not Tubaba’s Wife by ekensi01: 11:38am On Apr 27, 2019
You no get sense.

His name is superior to yours in all aspects of life. So why bother about small things?

1 Like

Re: ‘I Prefer Being Addressed As Annie And Not Tubaba’s Wife by Drwords(m): 11:38am On Apr 27, 2019
.....and about this news, lemme see...

3 Likes

Re: ‘I Prefer Being Addressed As Annie And Not Tubaba’s Wife by Wettoid123: 11:38am On Apr 27, 2019
If not tubaba or tuface whatever who know Annie as name,,,go and sleep joo!
Re: ‘I Prefer Being Addressed As Annie And Not Tubaba’s Wife by colestephan86: 11:39am On Apr 27, 2019
masterchi:

Keep your debate to yourself, she wants Annie.

8 Likes

Re: ‘I Prefer Being Addressed As Annie And Not Tubaba’s Wife by Toscarel: 11:42am On Apr 27, 2019
Ndi feminist

1 Like

Re: ‘I Prefer Being Addressed As Annie And Not Tubaba’s Wife by jrusky(m): 11:45am On Apr 27, 2019
Haha Annie what is the meaning you saying you work hard and succefull on your own nah? It sound arrogant somehow.

I thought you have sense but it's like you are becoming dumb or trying to be Tontoh or Totoh bitch.

I was expecting you to just say you should be address as Annie or Annie Idibia and not Tubaba wife which truly sound crude but going further to be proofing arrogant fell my hand.

Annie be smart before enemy turn your outburst against you and remember Blackface is laying like frustrated lion to ditch horror and mockery on you and your husbands at any slight so be wise your success everyone knows but be smart not everything you pour out in public like rain during raining season.

Annie don't fall my hand the way Totoh Dick did pls I respect 2face lot he is my personal person and a humble guy.

Annie be wise.

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Prefer Being Addressed As Annie And Not Tubaba’s Wife by Nobody: 11:46am On Apr 27, 2019
Nigeria and titles!
Re: ‘I Prefer Being Addressed As Annie And Not Tubaba’s Wife by Caseless: 11:54am On Apr 27, 2019
grin this is an opportunity for 2face to run other women.

2baba right now.

3 Likes

Re: ‘I Prefer Being Addressed As Annie And Not Tubaba’s Wife by chukwuibuipob: 11:55am On Apr 27, 2019
sad
Re: ‘I Prefer Being Addressed As Annie And Not Tubaba’s Wife by Ugosample(m): 11:58am On Apr 27, 2019
nothing wrong with that tho
you have your personally as well, not an appendage of someone else

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Charly Boy Says 'Okorocha's Curse’ Will Soon Befall Buhari / Valentine’s Day: Charlyboy Advises Ladies / Kemi Olunloyo And Georgina Onuoha Reconcile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.