Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,975 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

Nigeria Leads In African Start-up Funding With $94.9m - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria Leads In African Start-up Funding With $94.9m (8601 Views)

Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) / Nigeria Leads Others In Increasing Number Of Millionaire Populations / Apply For Ecobank 2018 Fintech Challenge For African Start-ups (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Leads In African Start-up Funding With $94.9m by Acedave1(m): 6:51am On Apr 27, 2019
another cash is up 4 grabs.,where is tinubu nd buhari
Re: Nigeria Leads In African Start-up Funding With $94.9m by Nobody: 6:54am On Apr 27, 2019
Chimaokigwe:

As for me, I'm hoping to open a detox, psychiatric and renal centre to treat all the idiots drinking codeine, Rophynol, Glue, Meth, Crack, SK, binge booze and all. 10 years from now, your families would be selling your inheritance to pay medical bills.

grin grin grin Someone is thinking out of the box
Re: Nigeria Leads In African Start-up Funding With $94.9m by philip0906(m): 6:59am On Apr 27, 2019
Acedave1:
another cash is up 4 grabs.,where is tinubu nd buhari
Lol...This one doesn’t even understand what startup investment is all about! Very sad

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Leads In African Start-up Funding With $94.9m by Nobody: 7:12am On Apr 27, 2019
post=77888878:
Slow and steady our darling country will rise again and fulfill its vast potentials.

#Positivity.

undecided
Re: Nigeria Leads In African Start-up Funding With $94.9m by Introvertedmarc: 7:13am On Apr 27, 2019
Someone said we have done better in 2015
Re: Nigeria Leads In African Start-up Funding With $94.9m by Nobody: 7:15am On Apr 27, 2019
Chimaokigwe:
I had a friend in the Uni back then. He founded a startup with some guys and they recently got funded 1.2M dollars

The future is in tech and it's good the wise youth are tapping into it. The foolish youth are busy doing the yahoo and hailing Internet criminals.

As for me, I'm hoping to open a detox, psychiatric and renal centre to treat all the idiots drinking codeine, Rophynol, Glue, Meth, Crack, SK, binge booze and all. 10 years from now, your families would be selling your inheritance to pay medical bills.

Don't forget to produce Idiotin. Many Niaralanders need it badly

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Leads In African Start-up Funding With $94.9m by kaen1317: 7:18am On Apr 27, 2019
post=77890088:

Okay, kindly remain being a pessimist.
Enjoy your weekend!
depending solely on selling oil and sharing the money. Continue being optimistic in a fools paradise. The day u will cry is when your oil finishes

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Leads In African Start-up Funding With $94.9m by Nobody: 7:24am On Apr 27, 2019
Esseite:

am sure you meant Slow and steady we would get to where we were.

Stop glorifying average or what you have progressed over.. you don't reduce your standard just to celebrate growth.

https://www.google.com/amp/venturesafrica.com/150900/amp/
Is it that u cannot read?
Look at the figures very well, which yr was better?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Leads In African Start-up Funding With $94.9m by Nobody: 7:25am On Apr 27, 2019
Introvertedmarc:
Someone said we have done better in 2015
That guy nor know anything
Re: Nigeria Leads In African Start-up Funding With $94.9m by Nobody: 7:28am On Apr 27, 2019
charliboy654:

Is it that u cannot read?
Look at the figures very well, which yr was better?

So $94m is greater than $185m?...
Re: Nigeria Leads In African Start-up Funding With $94.9m by MisterGrace: 7:30am On Apr 27, 2019
Thanks to Elumelu. Stupid buharists.
Re: Nigeria Leads In African Start-up Funding With $94.9m by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:00am On Apr 27, 2019
Esseite:

Stop glorifying average or what you have progressed over.. you don't reduce your standard just to celebrate growth.

Now how do u compare 334m in 2018 with 184m in 2015?
Re: Nigeria Leads In African Start-up Funding With $94.9m by Nobody: 8:07am On Apr 27, 2019
NOETHNICITY:
Now how do u compare 334m in 2018 with 184m in 2015?

Its foreign investment.... $1m remains $1m in the global market.
Re: Nigeria Leads In African Start-up Funding With $94.9m by raymod170(m): 8:13am On Apr 27, 2019
If you need a software company to help build your startup products, you can always check out www.codefixbug.com

It's a software company that is helping lots of startup create minimum value products among others

Re: Nigeria Leads In African Start-up Funding With $94.9m by OkunrinOloro: 8:27am On Apr 27, 2019
Wow. Every time I think that the Dullard-inho supporters can't get any dumber, they lower their own benchmark even further.

Look at these fools now trying to take credit for the pioneering efforts of young Nigerian tech entrepreneurs to secure PRIVATE SECTOR FUNDING for their business ideas.

Meanwhile Dullard-inho has steadily reduced budgetary allocations to Education, Science and Technology. In fact the amount of money that the Dullard budgeted for building Cattle Colonies was 2 times greater than the amount budgeted for Science and Technology!

If I had any sympathy for this country I would weep for it. But you all voted for these fools so you'll have to live with the consequences of your mistake.

Let NOETHNICITY, Sillymods and continue to earn their 30k allowance in the only way that their limited mental capacity allows them.
Re: Nigeria Leads In African Start-up Funding With $94.9m by Westsida: 8:30am On Apr 27, 2019
People are just sick with one thing or the other.
Re: Nigeria Leads In African Start-up Funding With $94.9m by thegloor: 8:30am On Apr 27, 2019
post=77888878:
Slow and steady our darling country will rise again and fulfill its vast potentials.

#Positivity.

My friend go and sleep, you think your messiah has anything to do with this? He is instead suffocating us with taxes and no support and fundings for SMEs from within the country
Re: Nigeria Leads In African Start-up Funding With $94.9m by thegloor: 8:32am On Apr 27, 2019
SillyMods:
You will hardly see the perpetually bitter and frustrated souls aka enemies of Nigeria, here.

Am sure you don't know anything about this startups
Re: Nigeria Leads In African Start-up Funding With $94.9m by Nobody: 8:36am On Apr 27, 2019
Esseite:

So $94m is greater than $185m?...
U be really olodo, I said read well understand, i don't think u have read any of the two yrs.
If u still don't understand ask me to explain

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Leads In African Start-up Funding With $94.9m by wisdomkid: 8:45am On Apr 27, 2019
post=77888878:

#Positivity.

Who secured the investment?
Lol.. Slow and Steady eshi. Please tell yourself the truth. Those startup will always run from the country once they make it, because the entire country government have no single plan for them.
Re: Nigeria Leads In African Start-up Funding With $94.9m by tstx(m): 8:46am On Apr 27, 2019
maybachmusic:
Nice

Wonder which major ones though

Jumia made news for NYSE listing
Jumia is a foreign site... It is not owned by Nigerians
Re: Nigeria Leads In African Start-up Funding With $94.9m by Nobody: 8:50am On Apr 27, 2019
charliboy654:

U be really olodo, I said read well understand, i don't think u have read any of the two yrs.
If u still don't understand ask me to explain

No need for insults. the currency is in dollars and you are here displaying your ignorance.. you need education.

Foreign investment denoted in dollars remains same, even if your currency is at rock bottom.

Stop bragging while still not knowing.
Re: Nigeria Leads In African Start-up Funding With $94.9m by miraclear: 9:03am On Apr 27, 2019
Olodo24:
And you expect me to read all that?

if readers are leaders , where do you fall since you dont want to read ?
Re: Nigeria Leads In African Start-up Funding With $94.9m by Nobody: 9:05am On Apr 27, 2019
Esseite:

No need for insults. the currency is in dollars and you are here displaying your ignorance.. you need education.

Foreign investment denoted in dollars remains same, even if your currency is at rock bottom.

Stop bragging while still not knowing.
Wtf are u talk about, in 2015 Nigeria start up got funding of $49m and in 2018 nigeria start up got funding of $94m.

While in 2015 Africa start up got funding of $185m and in 2018, $334m.

What u are doing is simply comparing what Africa got in 2015 to what Nigeria got in 2018.
Re: Nigeria Leads In African Start-up Funding With $94.9m by nograv: 9:15am On Apr 27, 2019
The real hidden heroes of Nigeria.

The men and women behind these start ups are people we should admire..

Not thieves like ex generals and looting politicians...
Re: Nigeria Leads In African Start-up Funding With $94.9m by SokoDobo: 9:31am On Apr 27, 2019
raymod170:
If you need a software company to help build your startup products, you can always check out www.codefixbug.com

It's a software company that is helping lots of startup create minimum value products among others

checked your site. No records of previous work done.
Re: Nigeria Leads In African Start-up Funding With $94.9m by Saltoflife: 11:31am On Apr 27, 2019
Chimaokigwe:
I had a friend in the Uni back then. He founded a startup with some guys and they recently got funded 1.2M dollars

The future is in tech and it's good the wise youth are tapping into it. The foolish youth are busy doing the yahoo and hailing Internet criminals.

The money you and your generations worked for, I'm collecting it from you since you lot lack sense.

This my friend cracked me up.
Fantastic.
Re: Nigeria Leads In African Start-up Funding With $94.9m by raymod170(m): 12:39pm On Apr 27, 2019
SokoDobo:

checked your site. No records of previous work done.

its there we only listed our clients base and some of their projects
Re: Nigeria Leads In African Start-up Funding With $94.9m by Fadman4real(m): 12:50pm On Apr 27, 2019
Esseite:

Don't you read or your hatred for this government blinds your eye.

The report, which tracks total amount of funding raised by African tech start-ups each year, found that 210 start-ups raised a total of $334,520,500 in 2018. This, according to the report, was a substantial leap from 2017.

Now compare 334 million dollars to 185 million dollars.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Leads In African Start-up Funding With $94.9m by 9jaRealist: 10:13pm On Apr 27, 2019
That’s TWO YEARS IN A ROW!

Nigeria also led African startups funding chart in 2017.

>

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Leads In African Start-up Funding With $94.9m by handsomebanana(m): 6:16am On May 28, 2019
charliboy654:

Wtf are u talk about, in 2015 Nigeria start up got funding of $49m and in 2018 nigeria start up got funding of $94m.

While in 2015 Africa start up got funding of $185m and in 2018, $334m.

What u are doing is simply comparing what Africa got in 2015 to what Nigeria got in 2018.

And the fool never responded back to you

Cc Esseite

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dangote Cement Emerges First Stock To Hit ₦‎10 Trillion Capitalisation On NGX / Is TIN No And VAT No The Same? / Neat And Clean Tokunbo Swamp Buggy Cat 325c By Wilco

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.