Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,426 members, 7,812,252 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:45 AM

Man Sets Himself Ablaze In Rivers State - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Sets Himself Ablaze In Rivers State (15206 Views)

Kenyan Man Sets Himself Ablaze Inside His Car After Wife Failed To Return Home / Man Sets Himself Ablaze After Butchering His Wife In Abia (photos) / Pastor Commits Suicide By Setting Himself Ablaze (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Sets Himself Ablaze In Rivers State by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:02am On Apr 27, 2019
A middle-aged man, identified as King set himself ablaze in what many believed was an accomplished suicide mission on Sunday.

The incident occurred inside the victim’s room in Odaga community, Abua/Odual Local Government Area of Rivers State.

Report says that King, had locked himself inside his room before setting himself on fire.

The incident, which had left the entire community worried, happened at dawn, a development that made it difficult for the victim to be rescued.

It was learnt that by the time neighbours noticed the smoke oozing from the deceased’s room, the fire incident had intensified which made it impossible for anybody to go in.

Neighbours had to break down the window to rescue the victim who was already unconscious.

Efforts to save the life of King, proved abortive as he died while being rushed to a nearby clinic for medical attention.

King could have possibly taken his life out of frustration as he had lost his male siblings and recently his mother, whose remains were still in the mortuary, a relative of the victim, Pastor Duke, told Southern City News.

The incident, according to Duke, aggravated his smoking and drinking habit, adding that Duke explained that the deceased who returned home on Sunday morning was drunk while holding a lit cigarette.

Duke added the fire could have started from the cigarette he was smoking before he slept off.

“King was a father of three and his wife is eight months pregnant; he was the only surviving male of his house and to make matters worse, he just lost his mother, who is still in the mortuary as we speak.

“It is possible that he was frustrated, because lately he has increased his smoking and drinking habits and is mostly drunk,” he said.

Read More At: https://www.brainnewsradio.com/a-middle-aged-man-sets-himself-ablaze/

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Sets Himself Ablaze In Rivers State by GavelSlam: 7:15am On Apr 27, 2019
Father of three with pregnant wife.

Mother in mortuary, recently lost his siblings.

Has a smoking and drinking habit which has gone into overdrive in recent days.

angry

4 Likes

Re: Man Sets Himself Ablaze In Rivers State by Oluromantic: 7:17am On Apr 27, 2019
Locking up oneself indoor breeds terrible melancholy.

1 Like

Re: Man Sets Himself Ablaze In Rivers State by noni14(m): 7:18am On Apr 27, 2019
me i no get rip for u oh

1 Like

Re: Man Sets Himself Ablaze In Rivers State by meobizy(f): 12:03pm On Apr 27, 2019
Why pay for a cremation when one can do it his/herself?
He is a good business man.
I see the logic used.

2 Likes

Re: Man Sets Himself Ablaze In Rivers State by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 12:34pm On Apr 27, 2019
Wonders!!
Re: Man Sets Himself Ablaze In Rivers State by soberdrunk(m): 12:34pm On Apr 27, 2019
angry
Re: Man Sets Himself Ablaze In Rivers State by tstx(m): 12:35pm On Apr 27, 2019
Twisted mehn.. Id you must commit suicide at least take the easy way out... Which one be fire

See my signature
Re: Man Sets Himself Ablaze In Rivers State by princeade86(m): 12:35pm On Apr 27, 2019
But why?

1 Like

Re: Man Sets Himself Ablaze In Rivers State by OgbanjeProphet: 12:35pm On Apr 27, 2019
Suicide is wrong. It's solves no problem.
Re: Man Sets Himself Ablaze In Rivers State by Timothy92: 12:36pm On Apr 27, 2019
Buhari u see what u have course
Re: Man Sets Himself Ablaze In Rivers State by Benblaq(m): 12:36pm On Apr 27, 2019
Only one who wears the shoe knows where it's hurting.
May your troubled soul find solace.

5 Likes

Re: Man Sets Himself Ablaze In Rivers State by Harrymig1(m): 12:36pm On Apr 27, 2019
Sad
Re: Man Sets Himself Ablaze In Rivers State by Nobody: 12:37pm On Apr 27, 2019
Self Immolation Is On The Rise Among Despondent Youths.Its A Worrying Trend Around The Globe

1 Like

Re: Man Sets Himself Ablaze In Rivers State by melanch(m): 12:37pm On Apr 27, 2019
Suicide is on the rise. Govt can't do anything about it. It's very sad.

I create beautiful websites starting from 25k. I sell gov and edu backlinks. Visit my website www.rankhigh.com.ng for more information or call/whatsapp 07085013051
Re: Man Sets Himself Ablaze In Rivers State by sotall(m): 12:38pm On Apr 27, 2019
angry angry
Re: Man Sets Himself Ablaze In Rivers State by Nobody: 12:40pm On Apr 27, 2019
fake news

2 Likes

Re: Man Sets Himself Ablaze In Rivers State by dazzlingd(m): 12:41pm On Apr 27, 2019
Even if you want to commit suicide, is there no peaceful one to do it... Why choose a very painful and awful option when you have several choices..

This is self hatred to the core, a masochist commuting suicide

2 Likes

Re: Man Sets Himself Ablaze In Rivers State by Reelmii: 12:44pm On Apr 27, 2019
well... I dont know about anybody oooo

but as for me, myself and I, I never see wetin go make me think say na death be the final solution

man no die man no rotten

I no fit commit suicide no matter the situation

I go dey hustle until God go by himself call me

any how wey e be, I go dey hustle to make sure say every where legit for me
Re: Man Sets Himself Ablaze In Rivers State by HomeOfMe(f): 12:49pm On Apr 27, 2019
BrainnewsNg:

Read More At: https://www.brainnewsradio.com/a-middle-aged-man-sets-himself-ablaze/
Why did he have to kill himself in such a horrible way
Re: Man Sets Himself Ablaze In Rivers State by nengibo: 12:56pm On Apr 27, 2019
Bloggers won't make heaven

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Sets Himself Ablaze In Rivers State by Dacronym(m): 1:03pm On Apr 27, 2019
Depression

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gunmen Attack Filling Station In Ebonyi, Shoot Sporadically / Femi Oguntumi: Teacher Commits Suicide In Kano / Magu: We’ll Go After Looters Hiding In Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.