Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,046 members, 7,849,225 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 04:41 PM

Awolowo Can Never Be A Member Of APC If Alive -Babatope - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awolowo Can Never Be A Member Of APC If Alive -Babatope (307 Views)

FFK: I Will Only Leave APC If Muslim/Muslim Ticket With Muslim VP Is Adopted / Shettima: It’ll Be Catastrophic For APC If Tinubu Loses Ticket / Shehu Sani To APC: If You Want To Deliver Change Then Do Not Fake A Pregnancy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Awolowo Can Never Be A Member Of APC If Alive -Babatope by nairavsdollars(f): 8:41am On Apr 27, 2019
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Chief Ebenezer Babatope, a former Minister of Transport and chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) yesterday lambasted the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), saying there is nothing progressive about the policies and practices of the party.

Speaking in an exclusive interview with Saturday INDEPENDENT in Lagos, Babatope, a member of the Board of Trustees (BoT) of the PDP also said claims by some people that the late Obafemi Awolowo would have been a member of APC if alive is a utter rubbish.

According to him, Awolowo while alive fought against oppression of the down-trodden and ensured fairness, justice and equity for all Nigerians irrespective of their ethnic, religious or social background. All these, he said are lacking in APC.

“The APC call themselves progressives but in actual fact. There is no political party that is progressive in Nigeria today. Anybody who says Papa Obafemi Awolowo would have been a part of them if alive is just saying nonsense and wasting his time.

“Awolowo believed very much in the plight of the common people and ensured that they have a fair share in the governance of the country. That is why Nigerians have not forgotten the likes of Awolowo today.

“Where is the progressivism in APC today? Under their government, people are dying right, left, back and centre in this country and yet they say they are progressives. Anytime I listen to the news in Nigeria today, the first major items are issues relating to killings, kidnappings and mass murder. What kind of progressiveness is that?

“I want to plead with them that they should kindly put the interest of Nigerians at heart. I am also placing it on record that Nigeria is greater than all of us and therefore we must do everything that will aid the cause of peace, justice and fairness in the country.

“But as it is now, there is nothing progressive about the APC. They are only progressive by name, not by conduct,” he said.
https://www.independent.ng/there-is-nothing-progressive-about-apc-babatope/

Re: Awolowo Can Never Be A Member Of APC If Alive -Babatope by hisexcellency34: 8:45am On Apr 27, 2019
Well said Baba Tope. Even Awolowo will be weeping in heaven now seeing Tinubu his successor opposed to restructuring. APC is a regressive party
Re: Awolowo Can Never Be A Member Of APC If Alive -Babatope by 2fine2fast(m): 9:32am On Apr 27, 2019
I guess he will be a PDP member?

Elder Babatope...I keep my comments cos as I have to respect my elders.
Re: Awolowo Can Never Be A Member Of APC If Alive -Babatope by hisexcellency34: 10:00am On Apr 27, 2019
So he is lying bah? Even the great Dim can never join that party even if offered presidential ticket

2fine2fast:
I guess he will be a PDP member?

Elder Babatope...I keep my comments cos as I have to respect my elders.
Re: Awolowo Can Never Be A Member Of APC If Alive -Babatope by MXrep: 10:22am On Apr 27, 2019
APC is opposite of everything yorubas stand for. But Tinubu and his gang keep deceiving them with how they have attained higher "political relevance" than igbos when actually it is a northern regime for northerners only

(1) (Reply)

Buhari And Incremental Pain / Ondo Oil Field Inferno: ODSG Charges Chevron On Protection Of Residents’ Lives / Senate President Bukola Saraki In Fresh EFCC Trouble

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.