Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,731 members, 7,809,803 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:14 PM

Dan Yakubu: Alamajiri Who Turned Economics Graduate. Photos - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Dan Yakubu: Alamajiri Who Turned Economics Graduate. Photos (42057 Views)

A Final-year Medical Student Who Turned Food Vendor During ASUU Strike Is Dead / Lady Who Turned A Stripper To Pay Her School Fees Celebrates Graduation (Photos) / Peace Eze Is University Of Louisiana, U.S Overall Outstanding Graduate (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dan Yakubu: Alamajiri Who Turned Economics Graduate. Photos by madridsta007(m): 4:25pm On Apr 27, 2019
Printerscanner:

So it is the invisible Almajari schools that Goatluck supposedly built about 6 years ago that turned a four years old Almajari into a 20+ old graduate. You need psychiatric evaluation.

This is 2019.
Aren’t you ashamed of pedalling falsehoods and propaganda? The hate you have for the North, the beneficiary of these schools, needs to be investigated.

This is Daily Trust, a Northern Newspaper, report on the Almajiri schools!

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/n15-billion-almajiri-schools-in-ruins.html

https://www.thecable.ng/yakasai-problems-north

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dan Yakubu: Alamajiri Who Turned Economics Graduate. Photos by spiralwedge(m): 4:28pm On Apr 27, 2019
I want to see the picture of Hajiya Fatima
Re: Dan Yakubu: Alamajiri Who Turned Economics Graduate. Photos by nams77: 4:32pm On Apr 27, 2019
JasonScoolari:
Though he had First Class in Begging, that didn't stop him from achieving one of his goals.

This should serve as a big motivation to some people who feel like taking 2 shots of sniper because of the hard times they're facing.

Many thanks to Hajiya Fatima who offered him something better than Tuwò Shinkafà or Nairà Gomà (N10)

This was exactly what GEJ had for them, To take them off the streets and make them useful to the society by building Almajiri Schools, BUT the Northern Elites called it "Haram" and used it to fight the kindhearted Goodluck Ebele Jonathan politically.
God bless you and bless gej. That man meant well. But hatred and foolishness no let people see am

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Dan Yakubu: Alamajiri Who Turned Economics Graduate. Photos by Kasali226(m): 4:32pm On Apr 27, 2019
I thought it's pronounced
Alumongiri grin grin

Happy for him
Re: Dan Yakubu: Alamajiri Who Turned Economics Graduate. Photos by grandstar(m): 4:32pm On Apr 27, 2019
Mustsucceed:

What has thus your lies got to do with the blessing this going man has upon himself also that of the kind woman

Clearly you are a sadist and you know were you have been bound to, I don't need to state it.you already know it

What's your problem? I'm happy for him. I just felt bad for my friend that was prevented from going to school and was forced to be an Almajiri.
Re: Dan Yakubu: Alamajiri Who Turned Economics Graduate. Photos by Nobody: 4:35pm On Apr 27, 2019
Awwwwesome story. Congrats to him
Re: Dan Yakubu: Alamajiri Who Turned Economics Graduate. Photos by 2sexycom(m): 4:42pm On Apr 27, 2019
JasonScoolari:
Though he had First Class in Begging, that didn't stop him from achieving one of his goals.

This should serve as a big motivation to some people who feel like taking 2 shots of sniper because of the hard times they're facing.

Many thanks to Hajiya Fatima who offered him something better than Tuwò Shinkafà or Nairà Gomà (N10)

This was exactly what GEJ had for them, To take them off the streets and make them useful to the society by building Almajiri Schools, BUT the Northern Elites called it "Haram" and used it to fight the kindhearted Goodluck Ebele Jonathan politically.

One thing I know about Northerners is that a lot of them are smart averagely... It easy to see this in them but unfortunately, their leaders up North do not want the best for them.
Re: Dan Yakubu: Alamajiri Who Turned Economics Graduate. Photos by omocalabar(m): 4:47pm On Apr 27, 2019
Rgade:

One foot soldier lost .....
u are right
Re: Dan Yakubu: Alamajiri Who Turned Economics Graduate. Photos by LOVEGINO(m): 4:49pm On Apr 27, 2019
dainformant:
A young man is being celebrated online after beating the odds as an Alamijiri to make out something for himself in life.

Dan Yakubu, a graduate of BSc. Economics with Second Class Honours from the University of Maiduguri, Borno State is part of the 2019 Batch A Corp members that have just come out from the NYSC Orientation Camp. He did his camp at the Kaiama NYSC Orientation Camp, Kolokuma LGA, Bayelsa State State.

The little Dan Yakubu was separated from the comfort of his family who are based in Potiskum, Yobe State and taken to Kano to fend for himself as an Almajiri.

In the course of his begging (Almajiranci), Dan Yakubu ran into a kind-hearted generous Hajiya named 'Fatima A. Modibbo'. The altruistic Hajiya Fatima instantly took interest in the little boy. Stimulated by his brightness and smartness, she fostered him and singlehandedly sponsored his education right from primary school up to the level he found himself today.

Speaking, Hajiya Fatima who broke the news credited the feat to God, and narrated how she met him.

"Allahamdullah! My almajiri has finished his university degree, with second class lower in Economics. He's serving in Bayelsa right now. He came to my house when he was about six years old, he had such an engaging smile and melodious voice when begging, that I took to him right away. The rest I can now say is history.

See more; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2019/04/the-incredible-story-of-dan-yakubu-an-almajiri-turned-economics-graduate.html
how u dey enjoy life now? May they not come 4 you and make you a leader of.....
Re: Dan Yakubu: Alamajiri Who Turned Economics Graduate. Photos by Slurity(m): 5:14pm On Apr 27, 2019
tstx:
Write his name down... So far say na Hausa This guy go rule us one day..

See my signature
And So?
Re: Dan Yakubu: Alamajiri Who Turned Economics Graduate. Photos by baganas: 5:20pm On Apr 27, 2019
JasonScoolari:

May Allah reward hajjia abundantly for her kindness. Having said that let me correct the notion that almajiri means begging. Almajiri means student who left home for studies, from the Arabic word Almuhajirun(migrant).
It may interest you to know that from the almajiri you see on the streets of the north to Dangote and everyone in between had at one time or the other been an Almajiri
Re: Dan Yakubu: Alamajiri Who Turned Economics Graduate. Photos by Adek15(m): 5:24pm On Apr 27, 2019
HitSong:
THE RELIGION PERMITS THAT WE GIVE BIRTH AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE BUT, IT ALSO SADDLES US TO BE RESPONSIBLE AND NOT TO GIVE BIRTH WITHOUT TAKING GOOD CARE OF THE CHILDREN BECAUSE, GOD IS GOING TO ASK QUESTIONS AND WE'D ACCOUNT FOR HOW WE TOOK CARE OF OUR CHILDREN.
UNFORTUNATELY, THE ILLITERATE FOOLS JUST GIVE BIRTH ANYHOW. THE MOMENT THEIR CHILDREN CAN WALK, THEY CHASE THEM OUT OF THE HOUSE OR ABANDON THEM TO FEND FOR Themselves. And the sad thing is they decide who rule us

THE BORN-TROWAY LIFE IS IN THEIR BLOOD AND THEY CONTINUE TO HAVE MORE WIVES AND GIVE BIRTH TO CHILDREN EVERY YEAR

FEAR-NORTH.

1 Like

Re: Dan Yakubu: Alamajiri Who Turned Economics Graduate. Photos by emmykk(m): 5:24pm On Apr 27, 2019
JasonScoolari:

Although he has first class in begging.
Re: Dan Yakubu: Alamajiri Who Turned Economics Graduate. Photos by baganas: 5:30pm On Apr 27, 2019
JimohMomoh:

I don't think it's the religion, it was their culture before Muslim religion came into subsaharan Africa.
I know many Arabic countries that have few population and don't give birth to children anyhow.
Education and enlightenment is the key to solving these almajiri epidemic

Algeria 38m people
Sudan 37m people
Libya 6m people
Chad 10m people
Nigèr 15m people
Mali 14.5m people

Note: The above countries are bigger than Nigeria in landmass
Population isn't the problem otherwise China, USA and India couldn't have being where they are today
Re: Dan Yakubu: Alamajiri Who Turned Economics Graduate. Photos by mysteryman2014: 5:55pm On Apr 27, 2019
This is the height of humanism, God bless your soul Hadjia
Re: Dan Yakubu: Alamajiri Who Turned Economics Graduate. Photos by ZaraGift: 5:58pm On Apr 27, 2019
FAKE! FAKE!! FAKE!!!
Re: Dan Yakubu: Alamajiri Who Turned Economics Graduate. Photos by kelvinovie25(m): 7:15pm On Apr 27, 2019
This is inspiring, let us make our world a better place by showing love and kindness to one another.
Re: Dan Yakubu: Alamajiri Who Turned Economics Graduate. Photos by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:22pm On Apr 27, 2019
JimohMomoh:

I don't think it's the religion, it was their culture before Muslim religion came into subsaharan Africa.
I know many Arabic countries that have few population and don't give birth to children anyhow.
Education and enlightenment is the key to solving these almajiri epidemic

Algeria 38m people
Sudan 37m people
Libya 6m people
Chad 10m people
Nigèr 15m people
Mali 14.5m people

Note: The above countries are bigger than Nigeria in landmass
Egypt is 94million with greater land mass just introduced population control.
But naija undecided
Re: Dan Yakubu: Alamajiri Who Turned Economics Graduate. Photos by mechanics(m): 7:58pm On Apr 27, 2019
Wow, she was really God sent to the guy, he's now smiling, if others will emulate her kind heart, almajiri will be a thing of the past.
Re: Dan Yakubu: Alamajiri Who Turned Economics Graduate. Photos by chimeziedickson: 8:21pm On Apr 27, 2019
Amazing......God blessings to ya
Re: Dan Yakubu: Alamajiri Who Turned Economics Graduate. Photos by Mpanyi: 8:58pm On Apr 27, 2019
Wow. God bless you. You have a heart of gold.
Re: Dan Yakubu: Alamajiri Who Turned Economics Graduate. Photos by Rajosh(m): 10:30pm On Apr 27, 2019
he met his destiny helper
Re: Dan Yakubu: Alamajiri Who Turned Economics Graduate. Photos by Rosylia(f): 12:28am On Apr 28, 2019
I tap into this type of blessing. God please send helpers my way... I really need a Job.
Re: Dan Yakubu: Alamajiri Who Turned Economics Graduate. Photos by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 9:35am On Apr 28, 2019
grandstar:
My friend was also a Almajiri. He's father is Kanuri and the mum Shuwa. He's from Bornu state.

He craved Western education and this angered his parents who ensured he became an Almajiri instead.

That was years ago. He's now a father of 2 boys but separated from his wife.

He's also no longer a Muslim and he now believes in Jehovah. His son Abdullahi attends the Kingdom Hall and even answers questions. I just wish he was more committed

I'd like to send you a PM , as regards religious reasons?
Re: Dan Yakubu: Alamajiri Who Turned Economics Graduate. Photos by grandstar(m): 10:13am On Apr 28, 2019
[quote author=EZEIGBO1OFIMO post=77920478]
I'd like to send you a PM , as regards religious reasons?[/quotx. Okay
Re: Dan Yakubu: Alamajiri Who Turned Economics Graduate. Photos by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 10:35am On Apr 28, 2019
grandstar:

N/A
Thanks... please edit, and delete your mail.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

7 Ways You Waste Mental Energy Without Realizing It / YABATECH Recalls Student From NYSC Camp / Three ‘Missing’ Female-Undergraduates Found In Dubai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.