Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,256 members, 7,849,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 11:41 AM

Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki (16901 Views)

Magnus Abe Wins, As Appeal Court Sacks All PDP Senators In Rivers State / Jonathan’s Declaration To Hold In Six World Cities / Rabiu Kwankwaso Presidential Declaration, Live On Ait. Pictures. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Nobody: 11:35pm On Sep 18, 2010
aikokoro:

for those asking what GEJ has achieved, pls pardon my naivety. but I still wonder how come filling stations don't have queues any more. I mean some are even advertising N64/litre just to make sales. can you believe that? the funny thing is no noise from this guy. just like that fuel just full everywhere.
I dont know how he did it, but it is certainly commendable. We now have easy access to fuel our generators.
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by aikokoro: 11:42pm On Sep 18, 2010
@janus05
I sincerely think he can solve our power problem.
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Nobody: 11:51pm On Sep 18, 2010
aikokoro:

@janus05
I sincerely think he can solve our power problem.
I PRAY So.
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by naso2(m): 11:51pm On Sep 18, 2010
houvest:

I have no iota of doubt that GEJ will win the PDP primaries but I fear that a serious North South rift will happen after that as IBB and co will do every thing to whip up Northern sentiments to win the election but will fail. They will now try and make Nigeria ungovernable for GEJ via riots,etc. I hope GEJ knows this is what Jallo means by options ABC and should try now to plan now his own options ABCD, ie A/ win the primaries B/ win the peace in PDP, C/ win the elections D/ win the peace in Nigeria. Plans for war or fighting should be a distant last resort by GEJ. I believe involving all in a dialogue in plans BCD must be on the table. I dont trhink anybody wants war. Talking and making concessions to massage hurt egos are all parts of political ways to solve national problems. Nigeria certainly will not survive another war unless both GEJ and Ibb want that break up secretly.

Forget all this ABOKI gra gra, they just want to harass jonathan and make him feel like the world would come to an end if he runs. all na lie. If you understand the art of war here, you will know that the so-called north is just struggling.

This battle with jonathan started long ago, and each time  the north has always come out bruised. It started by UMYA not handing over properly,then northern elements pushing that Gej should not be empowered as president to perform the role,then the battle of acting president and subsequent threats of litigation by some northern apologists that acting president was illegal,then the hurried parceling of UMYA into the country, then the dissolution of the cabinet and the cabal and the cry of the north that it was done in bad fate. In all of these they(mallam) never hid their fear, and needed GEJ to just give them assurance that he will not run if made the president, he refused to comment .

All the initial northern bravado is now history, he has replaced the service chiefs and nothing happened. Remember that even the sultan of sokoto came in defence of dambazau when GEJ was initially pressured to sack him.

Now, the north
1 is seeking a consensus PDP candidate to face GEJ
2.It is threatening to take PDP to court for allowing GEJ to run,
3. it is also telling GEJ that he doesnt have any support in the north,hence he will be disgraced at the polls
4. It is threatening to pull out of pdp if GEJ wins the ticket

All these moves show a people who are not only desperate and but also confused, as they seem to be running out of options.

Dem no fit do nada to an ND man. GEJ is humble and patient, but sure he will never be intimated, its unfortunate the mallams will realise this too late.
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by naso2(m): 11:59pm On Sep 18, 2010
Beaf:

IBB is not going to give up after the primaries. He and Atiku are already battling to take over ANPP. If they don't succeed, as Houvest says, they have already threatened serious mayhem that will shake the unity of the country. Don't be decieved, it will not end with the PDP primaries.

All na lie, dem no born dem well. shake unity of which country? na their mallam emirs go call dem to order. we no be small pikin again.

After the elections any act that threatens the peace of the nation will be met with appriopate measures as allowed by law. Yes we know IBB is a general, but I am sure he knows the powers of the president. unlike OBJ he has nothing on GEJ , hence he can be taken care of properly at the appropritae time.
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Onlytruth(m): 12:44am On Sep 19, 2010
na_so:

Forget all this ABOKI gra gra, they just want to harass jonathan and make him feel like the world would come to an end if he runs. all na lie. If you understand the art of war here, you will know that the so-called north is just struggling.

All these moves show a people who are not only desperate and but also confused, as they seem to be running out of options.

Dem no fit do nada to an ND man. GEJ is humble and patient, but sure he will never be intimated, its unfortunate the mallams will realise this too late.

na_so:

All na lie, dem no born dem well. shake unity of which country? na their mallam emirs go call dem to order. we no be small pikin again.

After the elections any act that threatens the peace of the nation will be met with appriopate measures as allowed by law. Yes we know IBB is a general, but I am sure he knows the powers of the president. unlike OBJ he has nothing on GEJ , hence he can be taken care of properly at the appropritae time.

Why do I feel like saving these statements for later appraisal after the dust settles?

I really hope you are right about the north living without power for approaching 20 years (OBJ -8years, UMYA -2+years, GEJ-9 years). The way I see it, unless we are not talking about the northern Nigerians, I will not wave them off like that.
The real test is whether GEJ can handle the real heat when it comes. I would not gloat.
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by ladej(m): 1:15am On Sep 19, 2010
Onlytruth:

Why do I feel like saving these statements for later appraisal after the dust settles?

I really hope you are right about the north living without power for approaching 20 years (OBJ -8years, UMYA -2+years, GEJ-9 years). The way I see it, unless we are not talking about the northern Nigerians, I will not wave them off like that.
The real test is whether GEJ can handle the real heat when it comes. I would not gloat.
na so is on point. power has changed hands. the circumstances he got there are nothing short of miraculous and hes the best of a truly bad lot.
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by amingafar(m): 1:18am On Sep 19, 2010
power can never leave "the north" it can only leave the NW Hausa-fulani states.

After Jonathan is president I want a kanuri to be president, it will divide the north even more.
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Onlytruth(m): 1:24am On Sep 19, 2010
amingafar:

After Jonathan is president I want a kanuri to be president, it will divide the north even more.

You see why I said you are NOT a northerner.
No northerner would say that.  undecided undecided

If I were a moderator on this site, you would be banned because you are an agent of confusion.
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by rotimiland(m): 1:27am On Sep 19, 2010
Jonathan, may not be the best person for the post, just like everywhere in the world. But he is the best among those that have the might, and vying for Presidency, in Nigeria for now.

Wish Nigeria, GOODLUCK!
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by amingafar(m): 1:28am On Sep 19, 2010
Onlytruth:

You see why I said you are NOT a northerner.
No northerner would say that.  undecided undecided

If I were a moderator on this site, you would be banned because you are an agent of confusion.

There is no one north- we are just mostly muslims. One in religion not in ethnicity.
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by amingafar(m): 1:36am On Sep 19, 2010
WHERE ARE THE MORE SENSIBLE PEOPLE?

It seems Onlyttruth wants there to Only be Wazobia with hausa-fulani being the main pwer brokers. It should not be like that.
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Onlytruth(m): 1:43am On Sep 19, 2010
amingafar:

WHERE ARE THE MORE SENSIBLE PEOPLE?

It seems Onlyttruth wants there to Only be Wazobia with hausa-fulani being the main pwer brokers. It should not be like that.

They are ignoring you and I will follow then soon. You will be debating yourself.
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by amingafar(m): 1:47am On Sep 19, 2010
Onlytruth:

They are ignoring you and I will follow then soon. You will be debating yourself.

my brother you never made sense in the first place, its best you stick to topics about "the east" along with christianity because you know absoloutely nothing about the middle belt, north or Islam.
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by houvest: 1:48am On Sep 19, 2010
na_so:

This battle with jonathan started long ago, and each time  the north has always come out bruised. It started by UMYA not handing over properly,then northern elements pushing that Gej should not be empowered as president to perform the role,then the battle of acting president and subsequent threats of litigation by some northern apologists that acting president was illegal,then the hurried parceling of UMYA into the country, then the dissolution of the cabinet and the cabal and the cry of the north that it was done in bad fate. In all of these they(mallam) never hid their fear, and needed GEJ to just give them assurance that he will not run if made the president, he refused to comment .

All the initial northern bravado is now history, he has replaced the service chiefs and nothing happened. Remember that even the sultan of sokoto came in defence of dambazau when GEJ was initially pressured to sack him.

Now, the north
3. it is also telling GEJ that he doesnt have any support in the north,hence he will be disgraced at the polls

So what makes you think that they will now lie down and die. Desperation is dangerous. They are tending towards that. So it is not wise to advise GEJ to no mind them. diplomacy is a great tool in the hands of a great leader. Even Abacha used it to get the SW behind him before he now unfurled his deadly colours. Telling your opponent that you can do nothing is a sure invitation to fiasco.
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by fxmaxony(m): 4:36am On Sep 19, 2010
na_so:

Now, the north
.[/b]

"They will have the same PDP Constitution they read like a novel to contend with if they go to court"

the PDP constitution contains zoning in a written part but 2 term of eight years was a gentle man agreement that is not written. In respect to the written part of zoning, Yaradua had a term. the issue of a second term for the north is unwritten.

Remember during OBJ second term primaries, northern Candidates contested too.

I wonder if a gentleman agreement survives in the court of law.

And lets bet, by the time PDP primaries are over They cannot qualify to contest in ANPP     
REASON: what does the ANNP constitution say about how long you will be a card carrying member before qualification.
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Nobody: 6:05am On Sep 19, 2010
Get your free phones www.freegsmphones.info
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by sniy02(m): 6:28am On Sep 19, 2010
1125: Jonathan Zwingina leads the prayers and asks God to ensure a PDP win and also to bless Nigeria with leaders who do not steal.
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Ibime(m): 6:35am On Sep 19, 2010
^^Thats a tall order. Even Uncle Joe in 14 months at Bayelsa managed to cop two money laundering charges of $13.5m and $55m respectively.
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Stevogue(m): 6:53am On Sep 19, 2010
Let's give it up for Beaf, this posting is superb. U must understand he has been running a live commentary and shouldn't be distracted with this petty question of allegiance. Let's somebody else do better, if not, then Thumbs up Up Beaf!!!
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Nobody: 7:28am On Sep 19, 2010

I have learned not to underestimate the unity of the north when it comes to politics. I wish to remind you that 3 out of the 4 past leaders we had from the North did not originate from the so-called Hausa-Fulani states. Btw, Abatcha was a Kanuri man, IBB  and Gen. Abdulsalam are Nupe and  Gwari respectively. So tell me, was there any significant political division in the North during there tenures? I think you should  be more concerned about how to resolve the incessant divisions that still bedeviled the South.

The prospect for any significant political division  in the North is always minuscule; why, because the biggest impediment to South ascension to political power lies in the South. If truth be told,  this has always been the case as far as Nigeria is concerned, and I dont see it changing anytime soon.  Considering the fact that a win for GEJ would postpone the prospect of an Igbo president by 16 or more years, how many Igbo leaders do you think sincerely want GEJ to be president come 2011?
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Nobody: 8:23am On Sep 19, 2010
The prospect for any significant political division in the North is always minuscule; why, because the biggest impediment to South ascension to political power lies in the South. If truth be told, this has always been the case as far as Nigeria is concerned, and I dont see it changing anytime soon. How many Igbo leaders do you think are sincere in their support of GEJ for the 2011 presidential election, considering the fact that a win for GEJ would postpone any prospect of an Igbo president by 16 or more years?
The bolded has now enabled me to locate the reason for the "hate" of some Igbo NLders towards a GEJ Presisdency from 2011. The simple reason is that they see him blocking their own perceived annointment grin grin.

But my consolation is that most of my close friends who are Igbos and quiet successful in life (and I have quiet a sizeable numbers) are far more exposed to the issues at hand. They are unlike some of the old and failures frustrated men that we have here on NL and some other small boys and here that were shipped straight from Igbo interlands to Europe and America.
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by amingafar(m): 8:53am On Sep 19, 2010
Maple:

I have learned not to underestimate the unity of the north when it comes to politics. I wish to remind you that 3 out of the 4 past leaders we had from the North did not originate from the so-called Hausa-Fulani states. Btw, Abatcha was a Kanuri man, IBB and Gen. Abdulsalam are Nupe and Gwari respectively. So tell me, was there any significant political division in the North during there tenures? I think you should be more concerned about how to resolve the incessant divisions that still bedeviled the South.

Depends on the person- Not everyone agree with all those heads of state its obvious they were not good for the north. When I say a kanuri or nupe gwari I mean one who breaks the mold of IBB Abdulsalam and Abacha.

Imagine if IBB and the rest actually did the right thing with education and development, there would be No One North.
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Hussain555(m): 9:32am On Sep 19, 2010
i see the recent achievements of GEJ as some sort of campaign.
there is no president that can`t do all he has done in the power
sector et al but it all depends on the commitment and will to do it.
this guy was once a Governor naw, please, let sme1 educate us
on his achievements as a Gov.
I am not saying GEJ is no good man but the only reason I think most
pple will vote 4 him is for spiritual reasons,
Ribadu has proven himself dependable for this post.
The main problem of Nijja remains in Corruption,
If Ribadu will have no other acievement as President, I`m sure that
corruption will be immediately wiped out immediately.
This is how i see things now;

GEJ= trial and error
RIBADU= tested and trusted.

[b][/b]RIBADU 4 LIFE!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Echidime(m): 9:36am On Sep 19, 2010
The truth is all these noise will soon end in 2015 when Nigeria will peacefully divide,as the WHITE HOUSE has already finalise all tactics about that.

The problem now is who will belong to which country? If South East and south south come together as one they will be the most powerful nation in african continent. What is hapening now is the beginning of Nigeria seperation
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Debroslink: 9:43am On Sep 19, 2010
gej must win wink
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Nobody: 10:15am On Sep 19, 2010
Echidime:

The truth is all these noise will soon end in 2015 when Nigeria will peacefully divide,as the WHITE HOUSE has already finalise all tactics about that.

The problem now is who will belong to which country? If South East and south south come together as one they will be the most powerful nation in african continent. What is hapening now is the beginning of Nigeria seperation

If naija disintegrate:
SE needs no merger especially with the SS because we will just end up where we started. Oil for naija na BIG curse, so the SE will be better off without it.
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by marcus1234: 10:25am On Sep 19, 2010
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by Nobody: 11:14am On Sep 19, 2010
Imagine if IBB and the rest actually did the right thing with education and development, there would be No One North.

Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by jaguar09(m): 11:18am On Sep 19, 2010
We got Obama's speech on video, pls those anyone have GEJ's speech on Video please post.
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by tunde1200(m): 11:31am On Sep 19, 2010
declaration in this situation of darknees in the country. they no dey shame talkless of thinking.
Re: Jonathan Declaration: Live Updates - ALL Pdp Govs Present, Bar Saraki by ikechukwu9: 12:16pm On Sep 19, 2010
Another animal trying to buy out as usual the top position in Nigeria to fill in the pockets of other animals like himself - shithole country!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

"I Am A Former Military Ruler, Now A Converted Democrat" - GMB / Osinbajo, APC Governors Storm Benin For Governorship Flag Off / Onnoghen: ‘CCT Boss, Umar, Has No Pending Criminal Charge’ ~FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.