Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,117 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

Shari’ah Court’s N7,000 Fine On Rapists In Zaria Sparks Controversy (pics) - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Shari’ah Court’s N7,000 Fine On Rapists In Zaria Sparks Controversy (pics) (17505 Views)

Castration As Punishment For Rapists In Kaduna Approved By House Of Assembly / NAPTIP Releases Identities Of Convicted Rapists In Nigeria Since 2015 (Photos) / Convicted Rapists In Osun To Get Life Imprisonment – Speaker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shari’ah Court’s N7,000 Fine On Rapists In Zaria Sparks Controversy (pics) by AMvanquish: 5:48pm On Apr 27, 2019
That judge is a paedophile himself..
Re: Shari’ah Court’s N7,000 Fine On Rapists In Zaria Sparks Controversy (pics) by Gforce2019: 5:49pm On Apr 27, 2019
BlackfireX:
Islam thinks it has solution, but when you allow it to operate it brings confusion and more problem+

Sharia laws are not for this ages. Believe it or not.
Re: Shari’ah Court’s N7,000 Fine On Rapists In Zaria Sparks Controversy (pics) by Angrymode: 5:57pm On Apr 27, 2019
OmoAregbesola:
Hypocrisy! That's d problem, When a sharia court pronounce a harsher punishment of flogging, death penalty or amputation , the same set of idiotic critics will shout 2 d high heaven , forming human right activism, now this liniency they are still crying foul. Smh
If u think d decision of Syria court is flawed, kindly seek redress in Sharia court of Appeal.

Clap for yourself. I hope u will type exactly this if those kids were yours?

2 Likes

Re: Shari’ah Court’s N7,000 Fine On Rapists In Zaria Sparks Controversy (pics) by mu2sa2: 6:06pm On Apr 27, 2019
OmoAregbesola:
Hypocrisy! That's d problem, When a sharia court pronounce a harsher punishment of flogging, death penalty or amputation , the same set of idiotic critics will shout 2 d high heaven , forming human right activism, now this liniency they are still crying foul. Smh
If u think d decision of Syria court is flawed, kindly seek redress in Sharia court of Appeal.
Dont mind the hypocrites. An idiot is always an idiot!
Re: Shari’ah Court’s N7,000 Fine On Rapists In Zaria Sparks Controversy (pics) by Afonja007: 6:06pm On Apr 27, 2019
OmoAregbesola:
may your daughters be rape by mallam and alfas so you can take the 7000 they will pay you ,aturu awusa like you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shari’ah Court’s N7,000 Fine On Rapists In Zaria Sparks Controversy (pics) by GoodGodmykeeper(m): 6:08pm On Apr 27, 2019
hmm
Re: Shari’ah Court’s N7,000 Fine On Rapists In Zaria Sparks Controversy (pics) by luluman: 6:10pm On Apr 27, 2019
adecz:
sad sad sad
It is their children, their men, their legal system.

So, they shouldn't complain.
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
The first accused is even a leper, kuturu. see the evidence on his face and nose..
Tufiakwa!!
After all they said they want sharia.

1 Like

Re: Shari’ah Court’s N7,000 Fine On Rapists In Zaria Sparks Controversy (pics) by Cloud007: 6:24pm On Apr 27, 2019
7000 keh....Islam is not normal... trust me. grin

Re: Shari’ah Court’s N7,000 Fine On Rapists In Zaria Sparks Controversy (pics) by AreaFada2: 6:26pm On Apr 27, 2019
Very backward. shocked

1 Like

Re: Shari’ah Court’s N7,000 Fine On Rapists In Zaria Sparks Controversy (pics) by Charly68: 6:32pm On Apr 27, 2019
These people are hypocrites
Re: Shari’ah Court’s N7,000 Fine On Rapists In Zaria Sparks Controversy (pics) by Ishilove: 6:39pm On Apr 27, 2019
CanineOfJackal:
Islam 101

Ishilove I just saw your mention
After how many months? cheesy
Re: Shari’ah Court’s N7,000 Fine On Rapists In Zaria Sparks Controversy (pics) by TheFacelessMan: 6:41pm On Apr 27, 2019
IF only these guys had been burnt alive.

IF only they had been violently lynched....

The issue of 7000 Naira fine wouldn't have come up.

What a shame!

2 Likes

Re: Shari’ah Court’s N7,000 Fine On Rapists In Zaria Sparks Controversy (pics) by KingWarri: 6:42pm On Apr 27, 2019
bigfish3k:
this religion likes sex so much to the extent that they protect rapists.
sex with virgins is also a reward for killing infidels and doing suicide bombings.
thats why the world is not safe
grin
Re: Shari’ah Court’s N7,000 Fine On Rapists In Zaria Sparks Controversy (pics) by Fuck: 6:46pm On Apr 27, 2019
Bluezy13:
(3) Where a person is charged with an offence
under this section, it is immaterial that: “(a) the
offender believed the person to be of or above
the age of eighteen years or age of puberty; or
(b) the sexual intercourse was with the consent
of the child."

How on earth can a child...say 5-9 years old...give consent for sexual intetcourse and it is morally acceptable

Why do i happen to be in the same country with these category of human beings ??

Oga, you really don't understand the English.

Lemme interpret for you. It says in essence that even if a minor consents to sex with an adult, the adult will still serve a life sentence.
Re: Shari’ah Court’s N7,000 Fine On Rapists In Zaria Sparks Controversy (pics) by JudasNaCarrot: 6:53pm On Apr 27, 2019
"Piss" indeed.

IS lam a BAD!
Re: Shari’ah Court’s N7,000 Fine On Rapists In Zaria Sparks Controversy (pics) by Bluezy13(m): 6:56pm On Apr 27, 2019
Bleep:

Oga, you really don't understand the English.

Lemme interpret for you. It says in essence that even if a minor consents to sex with an adult, the adult will still serve a life sentence.

immaterial
adj. a commonly heard objection to introducing
evidence in a trial on the ground that it had
nothing substantial to do with the case or any
issue in the case. It can also apply to any
matter, (such as an argument or complaint) in a
lawsuit which has no bearing on the issues to be
decided in a trial. The public is often surprised at
what is immaterial, such as references to a
person's character or bad deeds in other
situations.

Immaterial
1) In court, a commonly heard objection to
introducing evidence in a trial on the ground
that it had nothing substantial to do with any
issue in the case.
2) In a lawsuit, a matter that has no bearing
on the issues in dispute.

Don't quote me unreasonably.

1 Like

Re: Shari’ah Court’s N7,000 Fine On Rapists In Zaria Sparks Controversy (pics) by CanineOfJackal: 6:58pm On Apr 27, 2019
Ishilove:

After how many months? cheesy
I decided to take a break and grow my business because buhari second coming looks scary to me.
Re: Shari’ah Court’s N7,000 Fine On Rapists In Zaria Sparks Controversy (pics) by crossfm: 7:03pm On Apr 27, 2019
That was a peaceful judgement,don't ask me how pls angry
Re: Shari’ah Court’s N7,000 Fine On Rapists In Zaria Sparks Controversy (pics) by Ishilove: 7:05pm On Apr 27, 2019
CanineOfJackal:
I decided to take a break and grow my business because buhari second coming looks scary to me.

Eku o raje grin
Re: Shari’ah Court’s N7,000 Fine On Rapists In Zaria Sparks Controversy (pics) by hardeytarhyour(m): 7:34pm On Apr 27, 2019
adecz:
sad sad sad
It is their children, their men, their legal system.

So, they shouldn't complain.
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
The first accused is even a leper, kuturu. see the evidence on his face and nose..
Tufiakwa!!
It is not their children so they mustn't brought perpetrators to Justice Abi,
Re: Shari’ah Court’s N7,000 Fine On Rapists In Zaria Sparks Controversy (pics) by hardeytarhyour(m): 7:36pm On Apr 27, 2019
BlackfireX:
Islam thinks it has solution, but when you allow it to operate it brings confusion and more problem+
Is Like you don't High Rate of confusion your Customary is committing, You Don't Know the rate of Problem Your Court Law is constituting in the society
Re: Shari’ah Court’s N7,000 Fine On Rapists In Zaria Sparks Controversy (pics) by hardeytarhyour(m): 7:41pm On Apr 27, 2019
Cloud007:
7000 keh....Islam is not normal... trust me. grin

Don't misquote the context, The judgment reads

(1) One Year Jail term

(2) 7,000 plus 20 stroke of cane in Public with tenderness
Re: Shari’ah Court’s N7,000 Fine On Rapists In Zaria Sparks Controversy (pics) by iskay1971: 8:22pm On Apr 27, 2019
Suspects will soon be preferring Sharia court to other court since punishment wl b very soft there.

Bad thing
Re: Shari’ah Court’s N7,000 Fine On Rapists In Zaria Sparks Controversy (pics) by backnbeta(f): 8:35pm On Apr 27, 2019
They chose to live that way...let them enjoy it!
Re: Shari’ah Court’s N7,000 Fine On Rapists In Zaria Sparks Controversy (pics) by omoluka: 8:55pm On Apr 27, 2019
Ezechinwa:
Leave Nigeria if you can grin grin grin, you and your children will thank me later!!!!

Note: no place like home is the greatest lie ever told, don't forget, Earth is your home, you can always wave the Nigerian flag from other parts of the planet,

I will always prefer a system that works, than a system designed to promote corruption.

Don't be deceived by other Nigerians saying you will suffer Racism, I mean the same people even the website Nairaland promotes Tribalism!!!

Please spend you lifetime experiencing what good governance really is, you will only live once!!! cool

If you ever think Nigeria will get better by just praying on hope, you are more likely to be struck by lightning
You are 100% on point bro, that's some real talk.
Re: Shari’ah Court’s N7,000 Fine On Rapists In Zaria Sparks Controversy (pics) by Ayotemide(f): 9:03pm On Apr 27, 2019
mu2sa2:
Dont mind the hypocrites. An idiot is always an idiot!

It is rather idiotic that you seek to defend the leniency of a court that allows children be raped and their rapists get away with a 7k fine. That is what is truly Idiotic Musa. Think and talk with the evidence of a brain.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shari’ah Court’s N7,000 Fine On Rapists In Zaria Sparks Controversy (pics) by Ayotemide(f): 9:05pm On Apr 27, 2019
hardeytarhyour:

Don't misquote the context, The judgment reads

(1) One Year Jail term

(2) 7,000 plus 20 stroke of cane in Public with tenderness

I'd still say that is still lenient. They should be getting nothing short of 21 years for rape and that for minors.

How is stealing punished by loss of limbs and stealing of a child's innocence by a paltry sum and minimal jail time?

It makes the penal code a seeming Joke.

2 Likes

Re: Shari’ah Court’s N7,000 Fine On Rapists In Zaria Sparks Controversy (pics) by Ayotemide(f): 9:08pm On Apr 27, 2019
OmoAregbesola:

What is worrisome is that you a Yoruba man seeks to defend the idiotic actions of a sharia judgement because Islam joins you with this Northerners.

In the 'Aba' you are from, would you say a stupid amount of 7k should be 'lenient' enough to punish the rapist of your 7-10year old girl child??

Think!

2 Likes

Re: Shari’ah Court’s N7,000 Fine On Rapists In Zaria Sparks Controversy (pics) by XklusivGistBlog(m): 11:38pm On Apr 27, 2019
Ezechinwa:
Leave Nigeria if you can grin grin grin, you and your children will thank me later!!!!

Note: no place like home is the greatest lie ever told, don't forget, Earth is your home, you can always wave the Nigerian flag from other parts of the planet,

I will always prefer a system that works, than a system designed to promote corruption.

Don't be deceived by other Nigerians saying you will suffer Racism, I mean the same people even the website Nairaland promotes Tribalism!!!

Please spend you lifetime experiencing what good governance really is, you will only live once!!! cool

If you ever think Nigeria will get better by just praying on hope, you are more likely to be struck by lightning

Apt sir. Just the encouragement I needed to make up my mind. Thanks again sir.

2 Likes

Re: Shari’ah Court’s N7,000 Fine On Rapists In Zaria Sparks Controversy (pics) by Botfuss: 12:03am On Apr 28, 2019
Bluezy13:
of the child."

How on earth can a child...say 5-9 years old...give consent for sexual intetcourse and it is morally acceptable The section says it’s “immaterial “ . I E,the accused will still be convicted if his defense is that - he thought the girl was 18 years or the girl gave consent. Such defense will not avail him.

Why do i happen to be in the same country with these category of human beings ??
Re: Shari’ah Court’s N7,000 Fine On Rapists In Zaria Sparks Controversy (pics) by Botfuss: 12:09am On Apr 28, 2019
Bluezy13:
of the child."

How on earth can a child...say 5-9 years old...give consent for sexual intetcourse and it is morally acceptable

The section says “immaterial “. This means the accused cannot raise a defense that he thought the girl was above 18 . He can neither raise a defense that the girl gave consent. Such defense will not avail him of the punishment.

The constitution isn’t supporting rape. Rather the judge trying to pervert justice as the constitution provides life imprisonment for such offender.
Re: Shari’ah Court’s N7,000 Fine On Rapists In Zaria Sparks Controversy (pics) by MrCEO69(m): 3:29am On Apr 28, 2019
OmoAregbesola:
Just negodu... angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Military Neutralises 78 Bandits, Arrest Logistics Runner At Kwiambana Forest / Aggrieved Residents Beat Thief Unconscious After His Capture In Bayelsa / NDLEA Arrests Pregnant Woman With 1441kg Skunk, Recovers Narcotics In 8 States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.