Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Wow:the Biggest Library In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Wow:the Biggest Library In Nigeria (2126 Views)

Take A Look At The Biggest Library In West Africa / Biggest Library In West Africa In Picture / A Nairalander Visits The World's Coolest Library In China, Shares Her Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wow:the Biggest Library In Nigeria by veeshine: 8:36pm On Apr 27, 2019
THE UNIVERSITY OF JOS LIBRARY

The renovation work on the burnt university of jos library complex is now complete,
according to consultants it is really beauty coming out of ashes,

The operation "beauty from ashes"
was a dream come true,

The fire which engulfed the main library building at naraguta campus on October 9 at about 7:pm in the evening ,
over 10,000 volumes of books were destroyed,

Who was really responsible for this unfortunate incident?
no one really knows,
rumors had it that it was some electrical faults,
But others were of the opinion that some students who had issues with their academics from the departments,
.psychology
.sociology
.political science
who had little or no hope of graduating soon due to frustration from wicked lecturers were responsible,

But today it's all history,
The operation "beauty from ashes "was a project come true, said the librarian
Dr. Stephen akintude.

1 Share

Re: Wow:the Biggest Library In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:40pm On Apr 27, 2019
Good one. I like the title, beauty from ashes.... Never lose hope.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wow:the Biggest Library In Nigeria by Alamu1111: 6:42am On Apr 28, 2019
U read finish self u no go see work me I taya for this country o
Re: Wow:the Biggest Library In Nigeria by rottable(m): 6:44am On Apr 28, 2019
9ice one
Re: Wow:the Biggest Library In Nigeria by TANID(m): 7:19am On Apr 28, 2019
Gongo Aso One Not Only 9ice
Re: Wow:the Biggest Library In Nigeria by lilachiever(m): 9:25am On Apr 28, 2019
LASU New Library coming to take that title away in few months...

we are LASU, we are PROUD
Re: Wow:the Biggest Library In Nigeria by Amplitron: 9:33am On Apr 28, 2019
I believe the institutions should invest more into e-Libraries rather than having bigger physical libraries. They are far more cost effective and makes knowledge easier to update through the ease of acquisition of new materials.

(1) (Reply)

Decomposed Body Of Missing South African Female Student Found In Bushes / University Of Ibadan: Schedule Of Fees For The 2007/2008 Session / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.