Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,808 members, 7,837,909 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

Give GOD Your First - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Give GOD Your First (196 Views)

LOYALTY: Should Your Loyalty Be To God, Your Man Of God, Church Or Family? / Holding On To That Hope In God - Your Time Will Come / How To Connect To God, Your Creator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Give GOD Your First by Nobody: 3:14pm On Apr 28, 2019
Give GOD your first

Genesis 4:3 And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the LORD.
4:4 And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering:
4:5 But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.
4:6 And the LORD said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen?
4:7 If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.

Beloved, you commit sins because you did not give your first to GOD.

What are you giving to GOD?
What do you give GOD?

I keep saying it; when you take GOD as priority, GOD will also take you as priority. Abel gave the firstlings of all his flock and the fats (not only the first but the fat ones also) but Cain gave to GOD the fruit of the ground. There is a difference here, Abel gave GOD first of all but Cain gave whatever - anything.

Now addressing the issue of tithe and offerings:
Giving of tithe is not something that must be forced on you to do. The first person who gave tithe was Abel and it was acceptable to GOD. So why say you don't need to give tithes to GOD because of what you have heard that tithe is for enriching the purse of the ministers of GOD or tithes is to be given to poor, different sayings has plague the people of GOD. Giving of tithe is what you ought to do not by compulsion. So I advice to forsake all sayings that does not partain to the word of GOD. Always remember Abel gave the First of all and GOD accepted i.e it is scriptural to give first of all you have earned. That is just by the way.

The first you do when you receive a salary, get paid for any work is take out the firstborn of it i.e one tenth of it and your offering. This is template which Abel laid down for us to follow and it was acceptable to GOD, that means GOD approves of it.

If you take GOD with levity, He will do likewise (He will reject whatever remains you give Him). GOD did not respect Cain's offering because He never took GOD as priority. But Abel did and GOD respected Him and his offering. If you respect GOD, He will respect you also.

Many have been rejected alongside their offerings to GOD, why? Because they did not reverence GOD. They give more thought about themselves, business, family and career over GOD. GOD should and ought to be your utmost priority in life.

Many are living in sin because they and their offering have been rejected. If you do not give GOD your first in all things, expect sin to knock and visit you same happened to Cain.

How did Solomon give to GOD?
How was he rewarded?

The Lord seek those who will honour Him with their substance and their life.

Beloved, which is first? Your Life or GOD? Others or GOD?

You wake up very early in the morning but because you did not eat the night before, the first thing you do is for you to eat before fellowship with your Maker. The way you take GOD is the way He will take you. The word of GOD should come first before your meal on a daily basis.

Job 23:12b I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.

You are in the presence of GOD and you are chatting on social media with your phone or you leave the Church in the midst of the service to answer calls. The implication is that: " GOD, this chats and calls are very important than you ". Beloved, in the presence, let nothing take the place of GOD and even in every sphere of your life.

Beloved, always make the Lord GOD your first in all and He will surely take you as first, accept you and your offering to Him daily ( your offering is not only material possession but your praise, worship and pleasing Him). Always give GOD your first in all things. In every situation, please Him, glorify Him. Make Him first!!!

May the Lord GOD give you understanding of His Word and grace to obey diligently in Jesus name.

The grace of the Lord be with you.

GOD bless you.

Shalom.

#AcceptChrist
#LiveforChrist
Re: Give GOD Your First by xedyl(m): 3:43pm On Apr 28, 2019
CHRISTFORALL:
Give GOD your first

Genesis 4:3 And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the LORD.
4:4 And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering:
4:5 But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.
4:6 And the LORD said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen?
4:7 If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.

Beloved, you commit sins because you did not give your first to GOD.

What are you giving to GOD?
What do you give GOD?

I keep saying it; when you take GOD as priority, GOD will also take you as priority. Abel gave the firstlings of all his flock and the fats (not only the first but the fat ones also) but Cain gave to GOD the fruit of the ground. There is a difference here, Abel gave GOD first of all but Cain gave whatever - anything.

Now addressing the issue of tithe and offerings:
Giving of tithe is not something that must be forced on you to do. The first person who gave tithe was Abel and it was acceptable to GOD. So why say you don't need to give tithes to GOD because of what you have heard that tithe is for enriching the purse of the ministers of GOD or tithes is to be given to poor, different sayings has plague the people of GOD. Giving of tithe is what you ought to do not by compulsion. So I advice to forsake all sayings that does not partain to the word of GOD. Always remember Abel gave the First of all and GOD accepted i.e it is scriptural to give first of all you have earned. That is just by the way.

The first you do when you receive a salary, get paid for any work is take out the firstborn of it i.e one tenth of it and your offering. This is template which Abel laid down for us to follow and it was acceptable to GOD, that means GOD approves of it.

If you take GOD with levity, He will do likewise (He will reject whatever remains you give Him). GOD did not respect Cain's offering because He never took GOD as priority. But Abel did and GOD respected Him and his offering. If you respect GOD, He will respect you also.

Many have been rejected alongside their offerings to GOD, why? Because they did not reverence GOD. They give more thought about themselves, business, family and career over GOD. GOD should and ought to be your utmost priority in life.

Many are living in sin because they and their offering have been rejected. If you do not give GOD your first in all things, expect sin to knock and visit you same happened to Cain.

How did Solomon give to GOD?
How was he rewarded?

The Lord seek those who will honour Him with their substance and their life.

Beloved, which is first? Your Life or GOD? Others or GOD?

You wake up very early in the morning but because you did not eat the night before, the first thing you do is for you to eat before fellowship with your Maker. The way you take GOD is the way He will take you. The word of GOD should come first before your meal on a daily basis.

Job 23:12b I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.

You are in the presence of GOD and you are chatting on social media with your phone or you leave the Church in the midst of the service to answer calls. The implication is that: " GOD, this chats and calls are very important than you ". Beloved, in the presence, let nothing take the place of GOD and even in every sphere of your life.

Beloved, always make the Lord GOD your first in all and He will surely take you as first, accept you and your offering to Him daily ( your offering is not only material possession but your praise, worship and pleasing Him). Always give GOD your first in all things. In every situation, please Him, glorify Him. Make Him first!!!

May the Lord GOD give you understanding of His Word and grace to obey diligently in Jesus name.

The grace of the Lord be with you.

GOD bless you.

Shalom.

#AcceptChrist
#LiveforChrist

in terms of livestock, how are u going to offer it to GOD?

(1) (Reply)

David Dance, Was It Blessing Or Curse / What To Do When Christian Life Become Tough / Introducing "THE BACK TO GOD PROJECT"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.