Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,409 members, 7,954,624 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:28 AM

5 Nigerian Grammy Award Winners You Probably Haven’t Heard Of - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 5 Nigerian Grammy Award Winners You Probably Haven’t Heard Of (31598 Views)

Nigerian Grammy Award Winner, Tems, Has Shown Us That Being Naked / Moyo Lawal Prays For A Husband: "Hope I Haven’t Used Shakara To Chase Him Away" / Ray Hushpuppi: 7 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About The Flamboyant ‘Big-Boy’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Nigerian Grammy Award Winners You Probably Haven’t Heard Of by MissRaine69(f): 10:09am On Apr 29, 2019
Anyone who does not know Sade does not know music and has no taste.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Grammy Award Winners You Probably Haven’t Heard Of by kheny12(m): 10:09am On Apr 29, 2019
emperorzz:
All yolobas....I'm Happy for them, we binis are coming.
what do you mean by yolobas.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Grammy Award Winners You Probably Haven’t Heard Of by Georgry(m): 10:09am On Apr 29, 2019
nice one
Re: 5 Nigerian Grammy Award Winners You Probably Haven’t Heard Of by Starboytwo(m): 10:11am On Apr 29, 2019
G
Re: 5 Nigerian Grammy Award Winners You Probably Haven’t Heard Of by Jaqenhghar: 10:11am On Apr 29, 2019
kheny12:
Then what are they. They are proudly Yoruba's Nigerians.
You are proud of them. I dobt think they feel the same way about you. Even if they did, one week in that hell hole will make them change their minds forever

2 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Grammy Award Winners You Probably Haven’t Heard Of by Starboytwo(m): 10:12am On Apr 29, 2019
This thread go sweet
Re: 5 Nigerian Grammy Award Winners You Probably Haven’t Heard Of by ogbiwa: 10:14am On Apr 29, 2019
Hmm
Re: 5 Nigerian Grammy Award Winners You Probably Haven’t Heard Of by Nobody: 10:20am On Apr 29, 2019
afonja amaka
Re: 5 Nigerian Grammy Award Winners You Probably Haven’t Heard Of by MNDY(m): 10:21am On Apr 29, 2019
Sade's voice mesmerizes me walai. From Sweetest Taboo to Smooth Operator. I really want to get her album.
But one particular song of hers I love but don't remember its title contains the following lyrics: "I keep on falling and loving you" etc. She was singing about a guy she is tripping for but who is paying her no attention.

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Grammy Award Winners You Probably Haven’t Heard Of by Onyemadonald(m): 10:24am On Apr 29, 2019
funmijoyb:
Drake ft Wizkid one dance won Grammy award.
Was only nominated for Grammys
Re: 5 Nigerian Grammy Award Winners You Probably Haven’t Heard Of by sweetrace(f): 10:24am On Apr 29, 2019
Xander85:
Damn! See how fast this was moved to the front page....after just 4 or 5 comments! shocked I have my suspicions why! wink

Because this newsworthy!!!

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Grammy Award Winners You Probably Haven’t Heard Of by Nobody: 10:26am On Apr 29, 2019
KingLennon:
Sade Adu, my crush that year grin. She killed me with that song 'Sweetest taboo'. Indomie generation will not know her grin

Wrong. I know her grin grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Grammy Award Winners You Probably Haven’t Heard Of by Nobody: 10:28am On Apr 29, 2019
Kevin Olusola is the real deal. Who needs instruments if you have someone like him cheesy

I still miss Seal's music. I really love his song "crazy"

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Grammy Award Winners You Probably Haven’t Heard Of by LyfeJennings(m): 10:30am On Apr 29, 2019
Leland Babalola is the only true Nigerian there
Re: 5 Nigerian Grammy Award Winners You Probably Haven’t Heard Of by ericmor: 10:34am On Apr 29, 2019
I knew u were going to talk about this people even before opening the topic. They are Nigerians but not recognized as Nigerians when they won the award.
We still need our niger artist to grab one of that n I would have love sunny ade to win it then but I know our Yoruba that live n rep niger people will grab it someday. If only wizzy can work harder on is song lyrics like he did on oju elegba, then he has a chance of grabbing one someday

2 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Grammy Award Winners You Probably Haven’t Heard Of by AsomArchitectNG(m): 10:40am On Apr 29, 2019
Omoboricash:

Is it possible to modify already built building. No solid plan . The bricklayer just sketch and start construction.

Yes it very possible Sir...
Re: 5 Nigerian Grammy Award Winners You Probably Haven’t Heard Of by AsomArchitectNG(m): 10:45am On Apr 29, 2019
Omoboricash:

Is it possible to modify already built building. No solid plan . The bricklayer just sketch and start construction.

Yes it's very possible...
Re: 5 Nigerian Grammy Award Winners You Probably Haven’t Heard Of by KingLennon(m): 10:50am On Apr 29, 2019
lovelygurl:

Wrong. I know her grin grin
Then come and take kiss grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Nigerian Grammy Award Winners You Probably Haven’t Heard Of by shegra58: 10:52am On Apr 29, 2019
Op don't be confusing it should be '5 Afonja Grammy award winner' cheesy

Oodua agbewa o

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Nigerian Grammy Award Winners You Probably Haven’t Heard Of by jrusky(m): 10:57am On Apr 29, 2019
Woow this is interesting I only knew of Seal and Sade Adu i never knew rhere are other guys of Nigeria background on Grammy status hhhmmmm....proudly Nigerian.

Pls no tribal bigot needed on this particular thread.

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Grammy Award Winners You Probably Haven’t Heard Of by AsomArchitectNG(m): 10:58am On Apr 29, 2019
freeman67:

What size of Land is it sitting on?

It can sit on a 50 by 100 plot of land..
Re: 5 Nigerian Grammy Award Winners You Probably Haven’t Heard Of by eyinjuege: 10:58am On Apr 29, 2019
yemmight:
Let them continue to call us Afonja as long as we represent Nigeria positively. I am a proud Afonja.

Afonja is actually a very prominent family. One of their forefathers was a celebrated tried and tested warrior who played a major part in the old Oyo empire.
The name is rich in culture and heritage. It's just surprising to see NL see it as derogatory.
Any Afonja family is a celebrated family and they bear their name with pride. That name is stamped in history.
How many families can boast of such a celebrated name in their lineage? A name that can be traced as far back as 18th century and his own father can also be traced even further
Many of his descendants have also migrated to other parts like Ondo etc

4 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Grammy Award Winners You Probably Haven’t Heard Of by Myself2(m): 11:03am On Apr 29, 2019
lordkush:
oga they 're not Nigerians abeg

Haba oga, do you need hypo to wash your eyes well before you see the tribal marks on Sikiru Afolabi's face

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Grammy Award Winners You Probably Haven’t Heard Of by traihit: 11:04am On Apr 29, 2019
MNDY:
Sade's voice mesmerizes me walai. From Sweetest Taboo to Smooth Operator. I really want to get her album.
But one particular song of hers I love but don't remember its title contains the following lyrics: "I keep on falling and loving you" etc. She was singing about a guy she is tripping for but who is paying her no attention.

Does it have any lyric like "this is no ordinary love, no ordinary love...". If it is, then you have the title.

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Grammy Award Winners You Probably Haven’t Heard Of by luvyaself95(m): 11:06am On Apr 29, 2019
shegra58:
Op don't be confusing it should be '5 Afonja Grammy award winner' cheesy

Oodua agbewa o
Ase oh

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Baba Dee: Sound Sultan’s Brother Slams ‘Fake Friends’ Over Absence At Memorial / Comedian I Go Dye: Sex Tape, Nudity Leak Isn't Mistake, Nudity Not In Africa DNA / Naijaloaded: Makinde Azeez Replies Waconzy, Says He Is Broke And Frustrated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.