Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,236 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

Having Problem With Glassfish. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Having Problem With Glassfish. (1138 Views)

Having Problem With My Pycharm Opening / Am Having Problem In Running My Python Project, Please Help Out / If You Are Having Problem Recruiting Software Developer, Watch This Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Having Problem With Glassfish. by clockwisereport: 3:56am On Apr 29, 2019
Good day house!
I just started learning how Servlets and Jsp but I am having a little problem with glassfish. I can't select glassfish as my target server. Stackoverflow seems not to be providing me with the solution to the problem. Can you (experts in the house) help me with the possible solution to this problem. I am using eclipse oxygen as my IDE. Thank you!
Re: Having Problem With Glassfish. by stanliwise(m): 7:34am On Apr 29, 2019
Get over it. JSP is an outdated technology. port now into NodeJs, PHP, phython etc.
Re: Having Problem With Glassfish. by clockwisereport: 8:40am On Apr 29, 2019
stanliwise:
Get over it. JSP is an outdated technology. port now into NodeJs, PHP, phython etc.

OK. Thank you for the advice
Re: Having Problem With Glassfish. by FrankLampard: 9:12am On Apr 29, 2019
clockwisereport:
Good day house!
I just started learning how Servlets and Jsp but I am having a little problem with glassfish. I can't select glassfish as my target server. Stackoverflow seems not to be providing me with the solution to the problem. Can you (experts in the house) help me with the possible solution to this problem. I am using eclipse oxygen as my IDE. Thank you!

What IDE are you using?
Re: Having Problem With Glassfish. by clockwisereport: 9:27am On Apr 29, 2019
FrankLampard:

What IDE are you using?

Eclipse oxygen
Re: Having Problem With Glassfish. by FrankLampard: 10:34am On Apr 29, 2019
clockwisereport:

Eclipse oxygen

Have you added the GlassFish server as a app server on the IDE?
Re: Having Problem With Glassfish. by clockwisereport: 12:21pm On Apr 29, 2019
FrankLampard:

Have you added the GlassFish server as a app server on the IDE?
It is not even listed on the list of servers in my IDE
Re: Having Problem With Glassfish. by FrankLampard: 8:01pm On Apr 29, 2019
clockwisereport:

It is not even listed on the list of servers in my IDE

I use NetBeans and InteliJ, I don't know the setup for Eclipse.
Re: Having Problem With Glassfish. by asalimpo(m): 8:32pm On Apr 29, 2019
stanliwise:
Jsp isn't outdated,it's not just making as much noise as node etc. Op, jsp enterprise java is more secure nd scalable than the popular ones you hear about. Jsp is just a subset of enterprise java and in this realm nothing competes effectively against java except for net. The alternative is spring but it's still java. Java is still huge in d enterprise though with their new pricing policy ... Some smaller setups may jump ship but these kinds don't need all d power enterprise software require

1 Like

Re: Having Problem With Glassfish. by stanliwise(m): 11:48pm On Apr 29, 2019
asalimpo:

Jsp isn't outdated,it's not just making as much noise as node etc. Op, jsp enterprise java is more secure nd scalable than the popular ones you hear about. Jsp is just a subset of enterprise java and in this realm nothing competes effectively against java except for net. The alternative is spring but it's still java. Java is still huge in d enterprise though with their new pricing policy ... Some smaller setups may jump ship but these kinds don't need all d power enterprise software require
Please please I don't have the energy of argue with you. please mention 3 big platform or forums using or discussing JSP. OP listen to him if you want and spend half of your years looking for how to solve problems no one is discussing about.
Re: Having Problem With Glassfish. by asalimpo(m): 12:00am On Apr 30, 2019
stanliwise:
Please please I don't have the energy of argue with you. please mention 3 big platform or forums using or discussing JSP. OP listen to him if you want and spend half of your years looking for how to solve problems no one is discussing about.
research whether enterprise java is dead or research most popular stack in the enterprise. Popularity has nothing to with it. Java rules the enterprise world. Good nite.
Re: Having Problem With Glassfish. by stanliwise(m): 12:38am On Apr 30, 2019
asalimpo:

research whether enterprise java is dead or research most popular stack in the enterprise. Popularity has nothing to with it. Java rules the enterprise world. Good nite.
JSP isn't dead, infact COBOL are still used in bank system and in reality, all programming language are bit relevant. But for now the sake of documentation and public repo, almost no open source give documentation anymore and also many system developer will barely recommend it for a new system, so why still go that route??. it is a shot in the foot to learn JSP as a starter.
Re: Having Problem With Glassfish. by kudaisi(m): 3:27am On Apr 30, 2019
stanliwise:
JSP isn't dead, infact COBOL are still used in bank system and in reality, all programming language are bit relevant. But for now the sake of documentation and public repo, almost no open source give documentation anymore and also many system developer will barely recommend it for a new system, so why still go that route??. it is a shot in the foot to learn JSP as a starter.

Remember that GlassFish is a Java EE implementation ? and Java EE is way beyond JSP alone, is JSF (which is just one framework out of many bundled within) outdated too ? How about helping with the GlassFish issue first before advising the OP on which framework to use.

Anyway OP, ensure you can setup GlassFish as a server in eclipse by adding it as a server from the menu Windows\Show view\Other\Server\Servers then add new, select GlassFish add supply required details (you can add new adapters if GlassFish option is not presented in the dialog). Note: I'm assuming that you have Eclipse WTP (Web Tool Platform) setup.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Excelling As A Nigerian Freelancer (the Programmers Experience) / Python Q|A Ask Any Question?? || Or Drop A Python Tip... / Nollywood Affairs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.