Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,652 members, 7,813,195 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:29 AM

Cbn Set To Launch Clean Note Policy, Banknote Fitness Guidelines - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Cbn Set To Launch Clean Note Policy, Banknote Fitness Guidelines (10306 Views)

CBN Set To Prosecute FOREX Defaulters / UBA Bank Set On Fire Over New Naira Note Policy / CBN Clean Note Policy: Mutilated Naira Notes May Be Useless After September 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cbn Set To Launch Clean Note Policy, Banknote Fitness Guidelines by nicepoker101(m): 8:50am On Apr 29, 2019
If you see how market women handle the notes. You will know it won't work. They will squeeze it inside their bra as if they won't let go of it any more.
Re: Cbn Set To Launch Clean Note Policy, Banknote Fitness Guidelines by nicepoker101(m): 8:53am On Apr 29, 2019
OgogoroFreak:
Let them grow first, I will buy both. I can't eat them like this nau.
grin you have my support. But don't be this greedy abeg. Buy one and leave one for me. grin Abi na only u need dog protein?
Re: Cbn Set To Launch Clean Note Policy, Banknote Fitness Guidelines by shomutuski(m): 9:00am On Apr 29, 2019
Nbote:
Pls dey shld concentrate on d #100 notes in circulation... Those notes are responsible for most of d Illnesses Nigerians suffer

iswear nd 50 Naira too
Re: Cbn Set To Launch Clean Note Policy, Banknote Fitness Guidelines by Muzikluva(m): 9:08am On Apr 29, 2019
OgogoroFreak:
Let them grow first, I will buy both. I can't eat them like this nau.
Lwkm.. Oh my Lawd!!! grin

Re: Cbn Set To Launch Clean Note Policy, Banknote Fitness Guidelines by EmmanuelCena(m): 9:11am On Apr 29, 2019
Kendumazy:
They should also see to how bank can have atleast 20 cashiers for deposit and 15 cashiers for withdrawal. Also, out of 10 Atm machines in a bank, 7 must be working non stop. Banks be treating customers anyhow on top their money. You go queue tire for bank, at the end of the year. Bank go declare billions as profits.

8GB Atm card flash drive for #1000 only. Check link
https://www.nairaland.com/4972442/clearance-sales-quality-8gb-atm

Lol
It doesn't work like that

1 Like

Re: Cbn Set To Launch Clean Note Policy, Banknote Fitness Guidelines by OlujobaSamuel: 9:16am On Apr 29, 2019
SoftP:
Clean notes isn't the problem, see how u can add value to weight of naira in exchange Market. We keep chasing shadows in this country while the real problem are swept aside.

Just another way to syphon money....
It's a problem, it also contributes to inflation in its own way. Dirty notes result to scarcity, scarcity of such note result to buyers foregoing some balance in some cases, sellers capitalize on that with an unconscious assumption that everyone can now afford such price
Re: Cbn Set To Launch Clean Note Policy, Banknote Fitness Guidelines by darqly(m): 9:55am On Apr 29, 2019
2fine2fast:
Can they just reduce the width of our Naira to that of the dollar, euro, rand etc.
The money just large like foot mat e no de even gree fit or enter wallet.

grin grin grin You also noticed wider currency notes are amongst the most valueless currencies in the world? It's coincidental but you're right!

1 Like

Re: Cbn Set To Launch Clean Note Policy, Banknote Fitness Guidelines by Soul47(m): 11:23am On Apr 29, 2019
Kokaine:

Value starts from appearance. A dirty and badly torn 1000 naira is disgusting to handle. If speaks volume about we as a people. Don't you like mint? You take mint to spray in weddings because you appreciate its neatness. Let's be clean first abeg

This doesn't relate to what the guy is talking about.

If am to add... Value doesn't start from appearance when it comes to money... Many factors are considered, but definitely not appearance.
Re: Cbn Set To Launch Clean Note Policy, Banknote Fitness Guidelines by Kokaine(m): 11:56am On Apr 29, 2019
Soul47:

This doesn't relate to what the guy is talking about.

If am to add... Value doesn't start from appearance when it comes to money... Many factors are considered, but definitely not appearance.

if your 100k Gucci top is soaked in mud and tattered, it becomes better to put on a clean 200naira shirt. It shows our values as a people. The CBN is not wrong to take measures to ensuring cleaner notes at this point in time. Currency devaluation, redenomination and increase innproduction, decrease in import, diversification of revenue generating mechanisms and many other measures are what determine the power of our currency and all these things cannot be achieved in a short time. Should we now say until we achieve this, our currency should not even face a aesthetic face value?
Re: Cbn Set To Launch Clean Note Policy, Banknote Fitness Guidelines by optimusprime2(m): 12:59pm On Apr 29, 2019
I think the material for 100 Naira note yaf finish grin
Re: Cbn Set To Launch Clean Note Policy, Banknote Fitness Guidelines by Soul47(m): 8:29pm On Apr 29, 2019
Kokaine:
if your 100k Gucci top is soaked in mud and tattered, it becomes better to put on a clean 200naira shirt. It shows our values as a people. The CBN is not wrong to take measures to ensuring cleaner notes at this point in time. Currency devaluation, redenomination and increase innproduction, decrease in import, diversification of revenue generating mechanisms and many other measures are what determine the power of our currency and all these things cannot be achieved in a short time. Should we now say until we achieve this, our currency should not even face a aesthetic face value?

You have a point. Big one.

All am saying is that the aesthetic fave value of money does not correlate with the intrinsic face value... Relating it to ForEx is a no no as well. A dirty #1,000 cannot be substituted for #500 because it is dirty.

You made a genuine point here... My submission is that having clean (minted) money is good but VALUE DOES NOT START FROM APPEARANCE..

I appreciate your response.

1 Like

Re: Cbn Set To Launch Clean Note Policy, Banknote Fitness Guidelines by Kokaine(m): 10:34pm On Apr 29, 2019
Soul47:

You have a point. Big one.

All am saying is that the aesthetic fave value of money does not correlate with the intrinsic face value... Relating it to ForEx is a no no as well. A dirty #1,000 cannot be substituted for #500 because it is dirty.

You made a genuine point here... My submission is that having clean (minted) money is good but VALUE DOES NOT START FROM APPEARANCE..

I appreciate your response.
my brother...

I appreciate you too oh.. Abeg no vex. This Nigeria as a country is not easy. I'm actually not happy here. I'm doing my best to see this Canada thing. We don't appear to be serious about development here at all. I look around my environment in the north, I see almajiris everywhere begging, my heart sinks, I turn on the TV, communal clashes and slaughter everywhere, kidnapping now a business run by police dpos and community leaders. change station, I see a senator dancing, turn to another station, SARS is killing innocent people. Joblessness among the youth, no guide at all. I really feel bad about this country. I feel bad!! I wish our kids are able to effect the change we have been talking about. Its heart rendering.
Re: Cbn Set To Launch Clean Note Policy, Banknote Fitness Guidelines by Soul47(m): 8:31am On Apr 30, 2019
Kokaine:
my brother...

I appreciate you too oh.. Abeg no vex. This Nigeria as a country is not easy. I'm actually not happy here. I'm doing my best to see this Canada thing. We don't appear to be serious about development here at all. I look around my environment in the north, I see almajiris everywhere begging, my heart sinks, I turn on the TV, communal clashes and slaughter everywhere, kidnapping now a business run by police dpos and community leaders. change station, I see a senator dancing, turn to another station, SARS is killing innocent people. Joblessness among the youth, no guide at all. I really feel bad about this country. I feel bad!! I wish our kids are able to effect the change we have been talking about. Its heart rendering.

I feel your pain... Am in the East and things are bad here too; though not as bad as you explained it to be in the north.

Am also working on the Canada stuff. Wish you all the best.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Does One Start A Beer Distribution Business / Successful Story Of The Owner Of Tecno / Diamond Bank To Re-introduce Stamp Duty Charges.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.