Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,279 members, 7,815,471 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

Babeecue Tutorial Needed - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Babeecue Tutorial Needed (1661 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Babeecue Tutorial Needed by Nobody: 11:12pm On Sep 18, 2010
Please, i need tutorial on making Barbeecue Chicken, or some of all this good chicken i pay so much to eat on daily basis.

I will appreciate one with guide on using a Gas Cooker and also the ingredients should be one readily available in Nigeria here ohhh! Lagos specifically!

Thanks!
Re: Babeecue Tutorial Needed by madlady(f): 10:12pm On Sep 22, 2010
Donpuzo:

Please, i need tutorial on making Barbeecue Chicken, or some of all this good chicken i pay so much to eat on daily basis.

I will appreciate one with guide on using a Gas Cooker and also the ingredients should be one readily available in Nigeria here ohhh! Lagos specifically!

Thanks!

OK, I saw your thread a few days ago, I thought I would wait until I cooked this dish so that you can see what it looks like. embarassed

This is the quick and simple way to cook Barbecue Chicken.
You can subtract any ingredients you do not have.

This should be fine for 4 or 5 servings ( just enough for 3 of my friends embarassed)

Ingredients:
6 chicken pieces, leg,bosom or thighs.
2 sweet red peppers
1 sweet green pepper
4 gloves of garlic or 2 onions
thyme
1 pineapple or 2 mangos
chili pepper 1 teaspoon or 2 if you like it hot
salt to taste ( do without it if you can)

Method.

Finelly  chop all the ingredients (not the chicken)
Place all  of the above in a bowl and mix/rub  together, leave overnight to marinade. (use gloves)
Bake  in the oven gas mark 5 or 6 for 1 1/2  ( I cover with foil for the 1st hour)

My friends love this and it's way cheaper than a takeaway.

Re: Babeecue Tutorial Needed by Nobody: 10:26pm On Sep 22, 2010
God bless you madlady sanelady! I appreciate it. You are the best!

Haba, Searched everywhere, but could not understand.

But wait, the chicken is cut, or left Big!

And two, how do i mix the chicken with those mixed ingredients

Please reply, i will make as soon as tomorrow and get back to you!
Re: Babeecue Tutorial Needed by madlady(f): 10:30pm On Sep 22, 2010
WOH Honey you really wanted that dish grin grin grin.

Pic added

I will come and explain how to do the things you have just asked.  wink
Re: Babeecue Tutorial Needed by Nobody: 10:43pm On Sep 22, 2010
You wont understand how much i need to make this thing,

Great pics, just what i want!

Please do come back ohh, Before your bros here die of addiction! or desire!
Re: Babeecue Tutorial Needed by madlady(f): 10:44pm On Sep 22, 2010
If you get a whole chicken embarassed( I hate cutting up chicken) then cut it into joints/pieces, maybe 8 or 10.

Chop or blend all the vegatable and seasonings and rub (pretend your giving a massage ) so you rub it all (chicken, veg and fruit) together with your hands.

You most use a dish that's deep other wise the juices will make a  mess in the oven ( it happenend to me)
Re: Babeecue Tutorial Needed by Nobody: 11:00pm On Sep 22, 2010
Ok, Thanks. But, you mean if i do the mixing i have to wait till the next day before i can do the deed! cry

Also if i do, wouldn't the chicken soar or spoil.

Hope i aint in anyway bugging you with my chicken addiction!
Re: Babeecue Tutorial Needed by madlady(f): 11:17pm On Sep 22, 2010
^^ It's ok if you cook it straight away, I won't lie that's what I did for the one in the pic.

It does taste better if you leave  it for some time in the fridge,no big deal if you can't.

MOST chicken in the UK seems to have a lot of fat so I never add oil.
Re: Babeecue Tutorial Needed by Nobody: 11:43pm On Sep 22, 2010
I can't ohh,

And i would not need to add oil! I would just make it strait, Will intimate you of the pleasant result tomorrow, if you don't mind!
Re: Babeecue Tutorial Needed by madlady(f): 12:11am On Sep 23, 2010
^^OK.

You can make another dish called CHICKEN IN TOMATOE SAUCE

same ingredients just exchange  the mango  for 2 tins of chopped tomatoes.

I will add the photo for the 2nd dish tonight (before my friends wolf it down tongue)
Re: Babeecue Tutorial Needed by Nobody: 10:46am On Sep 23, 2010
Ok, About to step out to get the ingredients now,

But, i intend using the grill, It has this stuff that looks like sword(lol) that hangs the chicken! And also the cooker has this pan, Steel or so. Beneath that is a rack, I mean steel with spaces, but, i think if i leave the first steel(pan) the heat may be affected.

But if i take it away, the oil(juice drops) may just spill through the rack(still with spaces),

Please what do i do And i hope the rack and pan stuff you understand what i mean!
Re: Babeecue Tutorial Needed by madlady(f): 11:01am On Sep 23, 2010
^^Ok if your using the grill use the pan/tray, it will hold the juices.

I would remove the wire rack, if you use that the chicken will cook too quickly.

Turn the grill low at the start.

Cut the chicken in small pieces so that the chicken cooks, RAW chicken can be dangerous.
Re: Babeecue Tutorial Needed by sovendieu(m): 12:00pm On Sep 23, 2010
Not everyone gets it right on first attempt but i can only give to you the same ebook i used i learning how to prepare any form of barbecue. if you are interseted, call me on 08038967870
Re: Babeecue Tutorial Needed by Nobody: 8:27pm On Sep 23, 2010
Hello Madlady sanelady tongue, i made it today, and had a lot of issues, though the actual output was munched by my family. Good enough the chicken was family size grin grin grin

1. I went with my mom to the market to get the ingredients. Told her to make it powder and made it like a stew. Watery. Almost gave up, cause of my nature of being a programmer(Result Oriented) but she gave encouragement to buy the ingredients again! So we did that!

2.  While making it, half way, PHCN Struck, so switched up to GAS, we were chilling, in less than 15 Minutes the whole house was in smokes!!!  tongue

All of them ran, like a fire had struck, but to our surprise it was the chicken that was near burning!

Thank Christ it was not too burned, just the suppose to be spicy back, some part had turned hard! While some part(Luckily the part my good mom cut as  my share! after spending my fund!) was just how i wanted it to be

All in all, was perfect and delicious, They all ate happily!

God bless you pal. One love and please any other good stuff like Shawarma, if you know how to make it, Please teach me, just like you did in this!

You are a great lady! Keep it up!

Pics will be attached! Soon!
Re: Babeecue Tutorial Needed by madlady(f): 11:13pm On Sep 23, 2010
. grin grin grin grin grin grin That's the funniest story I've heard in years ( we are all hear dying of laughter)

Your really sweet.

Your mother sounds wonderful, my mum would never shell out for a 2nd attempt, bless her.

Pat yourself on the back for your great achievement (how bad would I have felt if you had set fire to your home embarassed embarassed)

You will be cooking this with your eyes closed soon. wink

ONE LOVE shocked shocked shocked how did you know I am Jamaican?

What is Shawarama?

Does your gas cooker have an oven, if yes try to use it, you will find that's the simplest way to cook ( my oven is my best friend)

I cannot wait to see your pictures ( don't show the burnt bits tongue, eat them like I did before I posted my picture)

I am very glad your family and friends enjoyed your cooking, well done you.
Re: Babeecue Tutorial Needed by madlady(f): 6:44am On Sep 24, 2010
@Donpozo here is the 2nd dish I said could be made from almost the same ingredients.

CHICKEN IN TOMATOE SAUCE  The lovely natural chickens you have in Nigeria will make this dish fab.

Serve this with rice and salad.

It would be better if you cook this on the gas ring or in the oven.

@Donpouzo your a programmer cool cool.

Re: Babeecue Tutorial Needed by Nobody: 10:17am On Sep 24, 2010
This will definitely be nice cool cool cool

I will try this out real soon!

Yes i am cool cool cool

Thanks and have a great day!
Re: Babeecue Tutorial Needed by sovendieu(m): 12:04pm On Oct 15, 2010
if you need this tutorial call me on 08038967870 and you will get all the material you need.
Re: Babeecue Tutorial Needed by sovendieu(m): 1:06pm On Nov 22, 2010
send me your email address and i will send you the recipe

(1) (Reply)

My First Attempt On A Sewing Machine Cake!!! / How Do You Like Your Bole (roosted Palntain) / How Long Can You Stay Without Eating Eba And How Would You Feel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.