Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,929 members, 7,824,904 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Help: What Determines Smooth Running Of A HD Game? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help: What Determines Smooth Running Of A HD Game? (908 Views)

How To Increase MTN Internet Speed Via APN For Fast And Smooth Browsing / Top 15 4K And HD Game Of Thrones Wallpapers To Download / Whatsapp To Stop Running On These Devices On December 31, 2017. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: What Determines Smooth Running Of A HD Game? by Redxy(m): 8:28am On Apr 29, 2019
Between RAM, GPU and Clock speed
Which determine the smooth running of games without lagging(HD games)
I wanna get a ph. And I am addicted to HD games and I'm confused which of them to put in consideration? Pls help a brother!

1 Like

Re: Help: What Determines Smooth Running Of A HD Game? by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 8:42am On Apr 29, 2019
Redxy:
Between RAM, GPU and Clock speed
Which determine the smooth running of games without lagging(HD games)
I wanna get a ph. And I am addicted to HD games and I'm confused which of them to put in consideration? Pls help a brother!
The GPU is the most important factor,
Generally a a phone with good CPU would have a good GPU to match, then comes clock speed, RAM is the least important...

1 Like

Re: Help: What Determines Smooth Running Of A HD Game? by yusfatedeeprof(m): 12:14pm On Apr 29, 2019
The GPU, in mobile phones though, the cpu mostly determines the gpu used.....RAM allows for multitasking, maybe you want to switch between 2, 3 or more games and want all the games to still be in memory
Re: Help: What Determines Smooth Running Of A HD Game? by Redxy(m): 3:09pm On Apr 29, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

Generally a a phone with good CPU would have a good GPU to match, then comes clock speed, RAM is the least important...
PhenomenalMorgan:

So btwn Mali, Snapdragon and Adreno which is best?
Re: Help: What Determines Smooth Running Of A HD Game? by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 5:11pm On Apr 29, 2019
Redxy:
So btwn Mali, Snapdragon and Adreno which is best?
Snapdragon is a CPU brand whilst Mali and Adreno are GPU's, generally Adreno GPU'S are said to be better than Mali GPU'S, Phones that use Snapdragon processors use Adreno GPU'S...
Re: Help: What Determines Smooth Running Of A HD Game? by Redxy(m): 5:22pm On Apr 30, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

Snapdragon is a CPU brand whilst Mali and Adreno are GPU's, generally Adreno GPU'S are said to be better than Mali GPU'S, Phones that use Snapdragon processors use Adreno GPU'S...
So advisably... I go for a fone with a snapdragon CPU(Adreno GPU) than MediaTek CPU(Mali GPU) ryt?
Re: Help: What Determines Smooth Running Of A HD Game? by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 5:30pm On Apr 30, 2019
Redxy:
So advisably... I go for a fone with a snapdragon CPU(Adreno GPU) than MediaTek CPU(Mali GPU) ryt?
Not really, for almost all Snapdragon chipset of different quality and price there is a Mediatek chipset to match, most times a phone with high quality Mediatek chipset can outperform one with a Snapdragon chip of higher price...
Example Nokia X5 uses Mediatek helio P60, and cost around 48k, Nokia X6 uses Snapdragon 636.. Cost around 65k but the former outperforms the latter...
Go for Snapdragon if you want to but don't ignore the High quality ones Mediatek chips, they usually cost less...
Re: Help: What Determines Smooth Running Of A HD Game? by Redxy(m): 8:57pm On May 01, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

Not really, for almost all Snapdragon chipset of different quality and price there is a Mediatek chipset to match, most times a phone with high quality Mediatek chipset can outperform one with a Snapdragon chip of higher price...
Example Nokia X5 uses Mediatek helio P60, and cost around 48k, Nokia X6 uses Snapdragon 636.. Cost around 65k but the former outperforms the latter...
Go for Snapdragon if you want to but don't ignore the High quality ones Mediatek chips, they usually cost less...
I hv seen a good ph with good features and a snapdragon 425 CPU/Adreno 308 GPU...Pls would this device have good graphic in games like PUBG, GTA Vice City, etc...it has 3GB RAM also
Re: Help: What Determines Smooth Running Of A HD Game? by Redxy(m): 8:58pm On May 01, 2019
Sorry 4 asking 2 many questions...I just wanna get cleared on this issue
Re: Help: What Determines Smooth Running Of A HD Game? by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 9:33pm On May 01, 2019
Redxy:
I hv seen a good ph with good features and a snapdragon 425 CPU/Adreno 308 GPU...Pls would this device have good graphic in games like PUBG, GTA Vice City, etc...it has 3GB RAM also
Snapdragon 425/Adreno 308 is very much outdated...
I don't think it can handle high graphics games, look out for Snapdragon 660 and above...

1 Like

Re: Help: What Determines Smooth Running Of A HD Game? by Redxy(m): 3:39am On May 03, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

Snapdragon 425/Adreno 308 is very much outdated...
I don't think it can handle high graphics games, look out for Snapdragon 660 and above...
Kindly suggest any device with this and price pls
Re: Help: What Determines Smooth Running Of A HD Game? by mrszee(f): 10:39pm On May 03, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

Please which is better and y
1. Redmi note 5 ai
2. Nokia x6
Please I need help your decide
Re: Help: What Determines Smooth Running Of A HD Game? by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 10:58pm On May 03, 2019
mrszee:

Please which is better and y
1. Redmi note 5 ai
2. Nokia x6
Please I need help your decide
Note 5ai wins due to the larger battery...
Both phones are almost identical in specs...
Don't know of price...

1 Like

Re: Help: What Determines Smooth Running Of A HD Game? by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 10:59pm On May 03, 2019
Redxy:
Kindly suggest any device with this and price pls
Redmi Note 7 58k(3GBRAM, 32GBROM)

(1) (Reply)

Reasons You Should Upgrade To The New Itel P33 And P33 Plus / Internet Connection Using USB Cable? See How / V

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.