Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,601 members, 7,823,611 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

I Work In VI, Should I Stay In Island Or Move To Mainland - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / I Work In VI, Should I Stay In Island Or Move To Mainland (1023 Views)

Fire Engulfs Mikano Office In VI Lagos (Photos) / See …. Willing To Relocate From The Island To Mainland? I Have A Rent 4U / Who Get Personal Land For Lagos Island Or Abuja For Sale? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Work In VI, Should I Stay In Island Or Move To Mainland by code9(m): 1:16pm On Apr 29, 2019
I recently moved from Abuja to Lagos. My family is about to join me soon
My office is in Kofo Abayomi, VI and i'm seriously confused about where to station my family.

I can spare about 1.2M for rent for a 3 bedroom.
People are advising me to stay in Surulere, but I don't know much about the place. I've stay in a 1 room bq in lekki axis (VGC to be precise) and it's the closest to what i get in abuja, but the rent and distance from work is not funny.

What's your advice? Bite the dust and move to mainland or bump up my cash and stay on island with no life savings.

If Mainland, Yaba or Surulere?
If Island, which area.

I've spent 4 months in Lagos so far, so i'm a jjc.
Re: I Work In VI, Should I Stay In Island Or Move To Mainland by polimaf(m): 8:01pm On Apr 29, 2019
code9:
I recently moved from Abuja to Lagos. My family is about to join me soon
My office is in Kofo Abayomi, VI and i'm seriously confused about where to station my family.

I can spare about 1.2M for rent for a 3 bedroom.
People are advising me to stay in Surulere, but I don't know much about the place. I've stay in a 1 room bq in lekki axis (VGC to be precise) and it's the closest to what i get in abuja, but the rent and distance from work is not funny.

What's your advice? Bite the dust and move to mainland or bump up my cash and stay on island with no life savings.

If Mainland, Yaba or Surulere?
If Island, which area.

I've spent 4 months in Lagos so far, so i'm a jjc.
Let's start with both traffic. say you close by 4-5pm, All the bridge to the mainland is blocked by then, so you spend 2-4 hours between VI and Yaba or surulere and close to 5hours on Fridays.

but the average traffic between VI and VGC is usually between 1:30 - 2 hours. where there's more traffic is between lekki and Jakande, then Ajah to Ikota.

Cost of Rent. You can get a comfortable 3bedroom at Lekki Right between 800k-1.2M which is almost equivalent to the cost of 2bed in Yaba or Surulere.

I'll chose The island.

1 Like

Re: I Work In VI, Should I Stay In Island Or Move To Mainland by Kayouzka(m): 8:17pm On Apr 29, 2019
Land at Valley View Estate, Ebute, Ikorodu, Lagos for sale starting from 4 million naira, this location is also called the lekki phase 1 of ikorodu Lagos, call 08182676988 or email at akindelek1.ka@gmail.com
Re: I Work In VI, Should I Stay In Island Or Move To Mainland by code9(m): 1:05pm On Apr 30, 2019
polimaf:
Let's start with both traffic. say you close by 4-5pm, All the bridge to the mainland is blocked by then, so you spend 2-4 hours between VI and Yaba or surulere and close to 5hours on Fridays.

but the average traffic between VI and VGC is usually between 1:30 - 2 hours. where there's more traffic is between lekki and Jakande, then Ajah to Ikota.

Cost of Rent. You can get a comfortable 3bedroom at Lekki Right between 800k-1.2M which is almost equivalent to the cost of 2bed in Yaba or Surulere.

I'll chose The island.
Your analysis is on point.

But i was also putting alot of other things into consideration which includes school fees for my 2 kids, annual toll gate costs, water and light (I hear water is bad in lekki axis and light too).

Considering all these, will yo u still advise i tilt toward Island. If so which side of Lekki can i base my search on? I'm not too conversant with the areas. There's a place called OSap London or so. Its like mid way
Re: I Work In VI, Should I Stay In Island Or Move To Mainland by polimaf(m): 7:43am On May 01, 2019
code9:

Your analysis is on point.

But i was also putting alot of other things into consideration which includes school fees for my 2 kids, annual toll gate costs, water and light (I hear water is bad in lekki axis and light too).

Considering all these, will yo u still advise i tilt toward Island. If so which side of Lekki can I base my search on? I'm not too conversant with the areas. There's a place called OSap London or so. Its like mid way
You are right about the cost of those things. That's definitely a disadvantage. light is stable in most places, water is not clean everywhere. If you still consider the island, tell your agent to put those two things into consideration(Water and Light). and he should look between Ikate and Chevron.

(1) (Reply)

Sold Out! Become A Landlord With 270k In Ibeju Lekki Today! / Newly / See This Thread For Your Extractor/exhaust Fans, Ceiling Mount, Ventilation Fans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.