Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,750 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Gender Inequality In Nigerian Politics (1999 Vs 2015 Vs 2019) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gender Inequality In Nigerian Politics (1999 Vs 2015 Vs 2019) (18543 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu In 2015 Vs 2021, What Has Changed? / Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) / Buhari’s Sneakers In 2015 Vs 2019 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gender Inequality In Nigerian Politics (1999 Vs 2015 Vs 2019) by joepepsy(m): 8:54pm On Apr 29, 2019
I love your enegy, keep it up cos most real guys will kill for you. . shocked wink(quote author= post=77961070]
We are who we are!
Our second name is DIE HARD sir!
And talking about hardcore, our Profile picture has define who we are TOTALLY!
[/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gender Inequality In Nigerian Politics (1999 Vs 2015 Vs 2019) by Blue3k(m): 9:48pm On Apr 29, 2019
Lol so many lame basic takes crying over nothing. Last time I checked women are roughly half the population, they're aloud to to run, can form their own parties. The fact is they just dont win.

This is the same whining you hear from youth candidates. You list because the other guy was more popular try again next time.
Re: Gender Inequality In Nigerian Politics (1999 Vs 2015 Vs 2019) by jadyclem(m): 10:07pm On Apr 29, 2019
The men that won election did everything within their power to be there. if women want political positions, they should women up and fight for it. No gender should be given anything freely or special slots. everyone should be allowed to fight equally for what they want. that's what equality is about
Re: Gender Inequality In Nigerian Politics (1999 Vs 2015 Vs 2019) by darealez(m): 3:02am On Apr 30, 2019
Born2Breed:
The Nigerian political terrain is made up of hawkish men who makes people believes women are good for two things only.

Whereas majority of them are less intelligent when making political decisions without the input of their wives. Those who neglects their wives wise counselling only come back home with Ghana must go and while away their time in office with sleep.
Interesting!

The gender gap isn't law based so oftentimes I wonder what draws attention around this horizon. If a woman steps out and wins...fine, I doubt if any law will deprive her...! Unfortunately, most women feel they can't compete in the 'grizzly fierce race' and feel a law should be enacted to apportion a percentage to them, which sternly wouldn't define equality. You want something, go get it. Every "hawkish" man out there worked their way there, a woman thinks she can...forge ahead, win people over... I'm not against any women movement or scheme out there but yea, those schemes will forever keep women at the background. Mama Dora didn't need any foul cry to hit spots... Women should flood politics, no one wants a cowering coward for a leader... 80% women don't even want a female boss to start with.. unfortunately, "men are always defined as the problem".

2 Likes

Re: Gender Inequality In Nigerian Politics (1999 Vs 2015 Vs 2019) by Mizwisdom(f): 7:10am On Apr 30, 2019
filani:

@MizWisdom

Let me take a chance that you are not one of the numerous NL kids who are up past their bedtime and engage you in discourse.

In what way exactly are naija Women tactically sidelined by their male counterparts?

Serious question please, not Trolling!

@NL kid cheesy

If you read my post you'll notice the major one. Why should there be "Women's wing" of a political party, why give women the rôle of getting other female votes when the same isn't done for men, why is there no "men's wing" within political parties, why is the sale of nomination forms to elective positions very high such that many women can't afford, why do political God father's not make God daughters of women and back them up as they do their sons, why are certain political meetings held in the dead of night when most women/men should be with their families? I can go on pointing these tactics but I chose to stop here for now.
Re: Gender Inequality In Nigerian Politics (1999 Vs 2015 Vs 2019) by sylve11: 11:23am On Apr 30, 2019
MONIKERREVEALER:
how about you the op give us also the comprehensive stats of the gender gap in regards to the military personnel being deployed at the multitude of battle fronts in this lugardian contraption called zoogeria?!

don't you think that females are not being properly represented in this sector?!

Lwkmd grin grin cool

1 Like

Re: Gender Inequality In Nigerian Politics (1999 Vs 2015 Vs 2019) by filani(m): 12:55pm On Apr 30, 2019
@MizWisdom
Neither you or I are politicians to the best of my knowledge so my answers will be based on simple reasoning power and information which is available to anybody who cares to seek it out.

Mizwisdom:

@NL kid cheesy

If you read my post you'll notice the major one. Why should there be "Women's wing" of a political party, why give women the rôle of getting other female votes when the same isn't done for men, why is there no "men's wing" within political parties,

If I read the above clearly then the act of political parties having a womens wing to source for female votes while no similar Men's wing to source for men's vote officially exists is an act of 'tactically sideling" women in politics

The mindset you display with that statement is that you think Male politicians simply sit on their behinds and votes/support falls on them like manna from heaven!

You assume that male politicians will not need to acquire & motivate their base(which includes women by the way) inline with their political vision before the leaders of the party reckon with them.

Any smart person will tell you that the few politically sharp women in political parties actually see the women's wing in parties not as Obstacles but as an opportunity to be noticed! But according to you they are being sidelined?!

Two friends took a trip to India, while walking on the street among Indians the 1st friend said" My goodness look at so many of them walking barefooted, so sad!'
The 2nd friend looked and said "Yes you're right ...so many of them are barefooted!" with a gleam in his eye.

Both friends went back home eventually, the 1st friend told everybody who cared to listen about the hardship and poverty he saw in India.
The 2nd friend gathered the needed resources, went back to India and established a shoe factory!

Both friends saw the same Indians ,while one saw poverty & hardship the second saw an open business opportunity.

MizWisdom , if all that women who think like you keep seeeing around them is "evidence" of women being sidelined you will forever be blind to the opportunities for elevation THAT is not a curse, it is simple common sense!

Mizwisdom:

why is the sale of nomination forms to elective positions very high such that many women can't afford,

You make this statement in a way that presumes that ONLY women are affected by high cost of nomination forms

https://www.legit.ng/1189741-2019-apc-aspirants-threaten-defection-high-costs-nomination-forms.html

And since you raise that issue how many female politicians who are given a "subsidy" on the cost of forms cry out for their male counterparts to be given the same treatment?

Mizwisdom:

why do political God father's not make God daughters of women and back them up as they do their sons

Do you know what a Godfather is? Do you know what a Godson is?

A Godfather by definition is a male individual who weilds power and influence in any given domain of their choosing I.e Religious, Financial, Political
A Godchild is any individual who ACKNOWLEDGES a Godfathers power/ influence & SUBMITS themselves to the Godfathers Mentorship/Direction to have same rubb off on them

Now ,we all know how naija women love SUBMITTING smiley

Especially submitting to a MAN smiley

It comes down to Naija women wanting to eat their cake and have it at the same time!

Naija women want all the advantages of being a Goddaughter but hate that there will be a string attached! They don't want to pay the price of being Godchild! There is NO FREE LUNCH even in Freetown!!!

Another angle is that women like that seem to turn a blind eye to well to do Women in society, why are they not knocking down the door of these women to sponsor women's political dreams?

We see enough SlayQueens posing with bling on the 'Gram, Multi millionaire Social media bloggers buying houses in Banana island like pure water and Yeye...excuse me , Female celebrities making noise on TV up an down showing off their latest fashion. We see women on paper and NL front page quoting fempowerment mantra and the next minute telling us that she is going to spend the salary that many women & MEN spend years to get putting silicone in her Boobs and Butt smiley after the surgery she comes back to NL front-page to pose for picture with boobs & butt hanging out with hashtag #EmpoweredWoman #WomenRule #I love my life smiley smiley smiley

But according to you a Godfather who promotes a Godson who has Submitted himself to YEARS of mentoring , political networking & influence is "tactically sidelineing women ?!

Hahahahahahahahahahahajaj smileysmileysmileytongue

Mizwisdom:

, why are certain political meetings held in the dead of night when most women/men should be with their families? I can go on pointing these tactics but I chose to stop here for now.

Similar to your statement about high cost of nomination forms you again presume that ONLY Women are negatively affected by latenight political meetings SMDH sad

I look forwarded to a well articulated response from you, I stop here for now smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abaribe, Nnia Nwodo, Jim Nwobodo, SE Governors, Others Have Close Door Meeting / We Must Tax The Rich Mercilessly – Aregbesola / Maduka, Ken Obi Cover V-Glamour Magazine, Governorship Edition (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.