Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

5 Banks Earn N15.7bn On Account Maintenance Charges In Q1 2019 - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 5 Banks Earn N15.7bn On Account Maintenance Charges In Q1 2019 (16009 Views)

10 Banks Earn N22bn On Account Maintenance Charges (Names) / Zenith, GTBank, Access, UBA Generate N24.3bn From Account Maintenance Charges / 5 Banks In Nigeria With High Savings Interest Rates Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Banks Earn N15.7bn On Account Maintenance Charges In Q1 2019 by collitexnaira(m): 8:58pm On Apr 29, 2019
And i was debited twice this month for the same Atm maintenance by UBA. Of course they knew that people will hardly go and report at the bank because of #50, so they just debit you more than once in a month
Re: 5 Banks Earn N15.7bn On Account Maintenance Charges In Q1 2019 by nextstep(m): 8:59pm On Apr 29, 2019
uuzba:
Ever since human beings decided to start using money to exchange for services, Mr Bank came into the picture to render their service of securing your money in his banking vault. Then issuing you an account number to access your money whenever you need it.

Nobody has ever been in control of Mr Bank. He charges you whatever fee he likes for his bank security services.

If you don't think he's fair, just take out your money from his bank. You can keep the money any other way you like.
This is the basic principle of Bank.

The western nations use other more methods to circumvent the bank. They value art works. So the rich purchase art works/paintings. They can sell this in later times when the art works becomes an antique. Others purchase jewelry, diamond, gold. And others buy land and hang on to the land.

You know, people who invest in art, jewelry, gold, etc, also spend a lot of money on insurance and security vaults and manpower, in case of damage or theft.
Re: 5 Banks Earn N15.7bn On Account Maintenance Charges In Q1 2019 by nextstep(m): 9:02pm On Apr 29, 2019
The one I hate the most is where they won't charge you because you have 0 balance, but the moment you get small alert, the charges show up and shrink your balance angry angry
Re: 5 Banks Earn N15.7bn On Account Maintenance Charges In Q1 2019 by bjnice(m): 9:06pm On Apr 29, 2019
Amutta04:
Wetin those banks dey take our N52 naira maintain sef.. I get the debit almost every time i use another bank atm for withdrawal

Bro, ATM card maintenance charges is different from account maintenance oh
Re: 5 Banks Earn N15.7bn On Account Maintenance Charges In Q1 2019 by OlujobaSamuel: 9:06pm On Apr 29, 2019
Germannig:
I am a shareholder in three of those banks, namely Zenith, FBN and Access. I'm happy that my companies are making ''cool'' profit and it's reflecting in my dividends. You would too, if you were in my shoes. The good thing is that I am not a customer of any of those banks. So I am not being gyped of money in the name of account maintenance fee. Talk about eating your cake and having it. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
The report is not just about the listed banks, except you don't operate an account with any bank in Nigeria, you can't avoid the stated charges as it is approved by CBN.
The listed banks had such huge sum due to volume of transaction and customers population size.
Re: 5 Banks Earn N15.7bn On Account Maintenance Charges In Q1 2019 by Kcuf: 9:17pm On Apr 29, 2019
old news!
pple don stop to de put too much money 4 bank again except in cases like transfer
Re: 5 Banks Earn N15.7bn On Account Maintenance Charges In Q1 2019 by SkinnyNigga: 9:18pm On Apr 29, 2019
Debramaye:
That's how one Nigerian bank kept taking part of the money I do send to my cousin thinking he's doing fraud because he's receiving in dollar, sadly he's not sure about other methods of receiving money, before it'll disappear in thin air smh
send it To my account.. I receive in naira
Re: 5 Banks Earn N15.7bn On Account Maintenance Charges In Q1 2019 by GreyLaw(m): 9:22pm On Apr 29, 2019
lomprico:
Na so Gtb just deduct 230 from my account. No text , no email notification. angry
Bloody criminals

Only N230? They debit X2 of that and sometimes less frm my account regularly. No phone SMS alert, no email notification, absolutely nothing. I challenged them several times about these deductions and they had nothing to say aside the usual drivel.
Re: 5 Banks Earn N15.7bn On Account Maintenance Charges In Q1 2019 by emmykk(m): 9:23pm On Apr 29, 2019
Godlylifeoneart:
Dz is d reason I unsubscribed SMS alert services and hotlist Ed my card from zenith bank, fbnh and GT bank.
Stealing clients money from the time of Lord lugard

SMS alert is important the problem is the greed in the banks.Alert help keep you abreast
Re: 5 Banks Earn N15.7bn On Account Maintenance Charges In Q1 2019 by iukpe: 9:48pm On Apr 29, 2019
They make this money in just a few seconds.
Re: 5 Banks Earn N15.7bn On Account Maintenance Charges In Q1 2019 by namdo(m): 10:10pm On Apr 29, 2019
Access bank keeps charging me N50 every month as card maintenance fee for a card I have not used for a very long time though they also charged me for the card when they gave it to me. There is something certainly wrong with the ways most banks charge customers in Nigeria.
Re: 5 Banks Earn N15.7bn On Account Maintenance Charges In Q1 2019 by successsurvivor(m): 10:29pm On Apr 29, 2019
CBN do something ohhhh, this banks are thieves. Zenith bank is the worst. They charged me 6,000 plus for account maintenance, sms charge, and atm card maintenance. This country is wicked and lawless, I have complained to my account officer and nothing had happened. I just transfered 100k to my Zenith current account, immediately they took 26 naira from my money. God will punish you all, greedy, wicked banks. Nigeria is a jungle, the banks rob the people, and the government do nothing.
Re: 5 Banks Earn N15.7bn On Account Maintenance Charges In Q1 2019 by almarthins(m): 10:49pm On Apr 29, 2019
Ebenezerk2:
Zenith bank is a thief bank, they charge anyhow, how won't they earn more than others?

I think say na only me dey see zenith as thief. They are even charging not using my account. Every month dem go dey remove 4naira even i didnt run any transaction. Right now i have -13naira as balance in my account. lipsrsealed
Re: 5 Banks Earn N15.7bn On Account Maintenance Charges In Q1 2019 by JhimmySpark(m): 11:04pm On Apr 29, 2019
franchuks:
This is very outrageous.... You charge us for ATM cards and you still charge us to maintain the same ATM cards.

Who will save us from this?
.. ATM machine maintenance charges i can relate with but ATM card maintenance charges beats my imagination. How do u claim to maintain ATM card that is always with the customer?.. This is pure robbery

1 Like

Re: 5 Banks Earn N15.7bn On Account Maintenance Charges In Q1 2019 by bkool7(m): 12:21am On Apr 30, 2019
Why won't they rake in billions. When you send money via ussd they charge you N50 and also charge the receiver the same amount.

Even interbank transfer incurrrs N20 on GTBank ATM while they'll still charge you the normal money for monthly maintenance
Re: 5 Banks Earn N15.7bn On Account Maintenance Charges In Q1 2019 by AlexJustin(m): 12:22am On Apr 30, 2019
this Account maintenance charges is it the same with card maintenance charges they are constantly sapping from me?
Re: 5 Banks Earn N15.7bn On Account Maintenance Charges In Q1 2019 by Just2endowed2(m): 12:32am On Apr 30, 2019
Godlylifeoneart:

He was formally in Zenith bank
Executive director I zenith gambia
And zenith Nigeria
Thanks corrected
Re: 5 Banks Earn N15.7bn On Account Maintenance Charges In Q1 2019 by Thunday1005(m): 2:45am On Apr 30, 2019
Cooperate scammer
Esp Fbn
Monthly card maintenance apart from sms alert charges
Re: 5 Banks Earn N15.7bn On Account Maintenance Charges In Q1 2019 by Nobody: 6:53am On Apr 30, 2019
JhimmySpark:
.. ATM machine maintenance charges i can relate with but ATM card maintenance charges beats my imagination. How do u claim to maintain ATM card that is always with the customer?.. This is pure robbery

Oga they use ur money to invest in business that yields profit, which they hardly give you anything from, so why da hell would they still charge you for maintenance
Re: 5 Banks Earn N15.7bn On Account Maintenance Charges In Q1 2019 by jjmk(m): 7:29am On Apr 30, 2019
To think that I have accounts with all 5! Chai!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

1.2million Nigerians To Get Soft Loan / The Sports Investor Thread - Sure Daily Picks / Binance: Whistleblowers Cry Out Over Threat To Life, Seek Fg’s Protection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.