Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,676 members, 7,837,499 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

Nigeria’s Life Expectancy In 2019 Third Lowest In The World — UN - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigeria’s Life Expectancy In 2019 Third Lowest In The World — UN (15177 Views)

Nigeria Life Expectancy Ranked 190th Of 193 Countries / 10 Global Health Challenges To Watch Out For In 2019 / Life Expectancy In Nigeria Now 55 Years – WHO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: Nigeria’s Life Expectancy In 2019 Third Lowest In The World — UN by Fhemmmy: 4:33pm On May 01, 2019
AlhajaChinyere:

You mean all these family men and women to rise up against the government? For how many days or weeks? Abi you want the nation to starve? Let me tell you one sad truth, the federal government of Nigeria cannot afford (and do not have the money) to instal and erect the infrastructure needed to generate full electricity coverage of the country FACT!

Are you aware that if you produce any meaningful amount of electricity in Nigeria, BY LAW you have to connect it to the national grid for distribution. This is what has prevented states like Lagos from creating its own electricity generating capacity! May be changing that law is a good place to start from.

Under OBJ, there was Billions of $$$ spent
Under Jonathan, Billions was spent
Under Buhari, i am sure Billions has been spent
So tell me how much billions needed to be spent to give electricity, i remember how fashola was making noise that he wasn't able to generate electricity because it will have to be put on the national grid, he has been the minister for the last 4 years and i am yet to see any improvement
Re: Nigeria’s Life Expectancy In 2019 Third Lowest In The World — UN by Fhemmmy: 4:35pm On May 01, 2019
AlhajaChinyere:

You mean all these family men and women to rise up against the government? For how many days or weeks? Abi you want the nation to starve? Let me tell you one sad truth, the federal government of Nigeria cannot afford (and do not have the money) to instal and erect the infrastructure needed to generate full electricity coverage of the country FACT!

Are you aware that if you produce any meaningful amount of electricity in Nigeria, BY LAW you have to connect it to the national grid for distribution. This is what has prevented states like Lagos from creating its own electricity generating capacity! May be changing that law is a good place to start from.

Even if in the last few years, if the government have been adding just few MW to the grid, imagine what it will be today, what the population of 200M people depends on is what a little village in other nation uses . . . . Pathetic!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Take Your Bath Properly. / Nigeria Records 1.3 Million Unwanted Pregnancies, 735000 Abortions In 2018 Alone / COVID-19: Protocols And Restrictions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.