Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,110 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Let’s Teach Our Boys To Do Right - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Let’s Teach Our Boys To Do Right (493 Views)

Let’s Teach Our Children The Right English / Let's Teach The Youths This. / How We Are Destroying Our Boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let’s Teach Our Boys To Do Right by 1stnewsng: 9:30am On Apr 30, 2019
I was waiting for my order a few weeks back at a restaurant and found myself seated not-too-far from some ‘privileged teenagers’ who had come to watch a movie or perhaps were waiting for their friends to come join them at the mall.

I couldn’t help over hearing their conversations, most of which were focused around girls… as should be expected of adolescents.

They were on holiday and must have agreed to meet up at the mall.

I tried to be as inconspicuous as possible in the corner just behind them.

Soon, the banter moved over to rape jokes.

You should see the way they guffawed and fought to tell one rape joke after another. Though they thought they were having fun, it was getting sickening. These kids didn’t seem to understand the height of their depraved jokes; I was appalled.Rape jokes are not fun jokes. It’s the reason many young men fall into the rape trap because they think its cool and girls don't mind; it’s the reason our young men think it’s a rite of passage to manhood.

Recall the Ireti boys of two years ago?ALSO READ: In defence of the ‘good guys’ out there – Peju AkandeIt’s the reason the crime of rape is on the rise… these boys do not even realise that the crimes they commit today may alter the course of their lives forever… for worse.

It could haunt them and destroy them when they least think it will catch up with them.I wasn’t going to let them go thinking such jokes were okay. So, I stood up, told them to let me crack a joke as well.

A few hid their faces in their hands; they were wondering what joke this old woman would tell.

I noticed they were still very impressionable and a few actually curtsied.‘Are you in the same class? What class?

’They were in SS3, gearing up to finish WAEC and NECO; no wonder they were so excited about girls."First off,’ I asked them, ‘How many of you have sisters?’Just three of them; they were eight in number.

So this won’t do.I asked again:“Ok, how many of you have mothers here?

”All hands went up.“Good. So boys, imagine this… your mum," I pointed at each of them, "invites your friend in. She feeds him, takes care of him like her own.

One day, while you are out at school, this friend sneaks back to the house, beats your mum, ties her up, tears her bra, her panties… (at this point, a good number of them were already shaking their heads. It was something they didn’t want to imagine.)‘… beats up your mother and rapes her?”

ALSO READ: Future daughter-in-law, beware! – Peju Akande

They stared, sober; this was a rude and shocking scenario to create in their young minds, but it worked.

I told them how men of means are being haunted by rapes they committed while in their youths; how their generation would be even more unforgiving because of social media.

They would be traced, hounded, destroyed for a crime they committed unknowingly.

I cited Bill Cosby and Harvey Weinstein; I cited the Unilag boys and warned that one small mistake could cost them all in the nearest future.

ALSO READ: Fatherhood is a doing word not just a title by Peju Akande

I didn’t need to say much after these; they got the gist.Hopefully, they have realized that rape jokes are no jokes; rape in itself is not something to toy with.

Let’s hope the realization hit home.

Peju Akande

https://1stnews.com/lets-teach-our-boys-to-do-right-peju-akande/
Re: Let’s Teach Our Boys To Do Right by kajoula(m): 9:36am On Apr 30, 2019
Good One
Re: Let’s Teach Our Boys To Do Right by babyfaceafrica: 9:36am On Apr 30, 2019
noted
Re: Let’s Teach Our Boys To Do Right by Jayslicky: 9:52am On Apr 30, 2019
You did well by telling them the cosequence of raping and why the act is bad but let us also not forget to teach our girls how to dress moderately, you can't keep money at the front of your doorstep and expect not to be robbed, true the robbers are to blamed but your stupid act brought it upon yourselve.

1 Like

Re: Let’s Teach Our Boys To Do Right by donbachi(m): 10:07am On Apr 30, 2019
They are everywhere...the worst undoing to mankind,nigeria in particular.are children born from 1993 to 2004.at times i sit and imagines what really happened..you talk about robbery,yahoo-yahoo,pocket picking,cultist,rapists,waywardness,disobedience to parent,jigolos,street urchins and other social ills.they are mostly carried out by people of these age brackets...they feel to be accepted into the society ,one must be seen as been a hard guy,one must do drugs(tramadol,weed and co),sagging,alternative way of talking and total disrespect to parent,elders and the society at large..no chaps,you got it all wrong.many are bigger than their parents.which turned their parents into dumbs.if you advise them,you become an enemy and if you complain to their parents,they finds out it's you,you become a target..whatever that happened to our boys,God should please forgive them.
Re: Let’s Teach Our Boys To Do Right by donbachi(m): 10:11am On Apr 30, 2019
Jayslicky:
You did well by telling them the cosequence of raping and why the act is bad but let us also not forget to teach our girls how to dress moderately, you can't keep money at the front of your doorstep and expect not to be robbed, true the robbers are to blamed but your stupid act brought it upon yourselve.
do your investigations.you will discover that 86% of rape victims were well dressed.

1 Like

Re: Let’s Teach Our Boys To Do Right by Dolphin01: 11:49am On Apr 30, 2019
Jayslicky:
A he-goat is always a he-goat.A rapist who is sick mentally doesn't care if his victim is well dressed or skimpy dressed.Not that I am giving a nod to the girls 'wadowado' dressing,but the fight against rape starts with the male folks.Good enough,the OP had just sew a good seed in those young boys mind.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

A Naija Dad Explains How Witches And Wizard Started, After His Little Boy Frowns / Grandma 90, Kidnaped 47 Children Under 4 In Kano And Transported Them To Anambra / A Yoruba Guy Needs Urgent Advice!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.