Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,863 members, 7,821,011 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

Glo Not Opening : See The 2019 Ultimate Solution - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Glo Not Opening : See The 2019 Ultimate Solution (1052 Views)

Glo Not Opening : See The 2019 Ultimate Solution-quickgetpay / We’ve Been Nominated For The 2019 BAKE Blog Awards / Join The 2019 Web Design And Development Coding Bootcamp In Ondo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Glo Not Opening : See The 2019 Ultimate Solution by Mrpet: 1:31pm On Apr 30, 2019
Step 1 – Activating HTTPS on

Now, this is the very first step to take. You need to activate HTTPS, probably you might have not activated yours yet, here is how to do it.

On your Blogger.com Dashboard, Go to Settings, then Basic.

Glo not opening on

Scroll down to HTTPS and set "HTTPS Availability" to Yes and "HTTPS Redirect" to Yes.
Make it look like the image above.

And that is all about activating HTTPS.

Once the HTTPS is being activated properly, your blog site enjoys a few benefits which include:

• Users trust and a Professional look.

• Increases your Blog/Page ranking.

• Security against Hackers.

However, after this is been done and your site is being redirected to HTTPS, you might face some HTTPS error called “Mixed Content Error”.

This is the trick most people don’t actually know, causing them to have errors in their Sitemaps on Google search console (Webmasters tool).

Nevertheless, I got you covered in this article; now let’s see how to fix this error in the next step.

STEP 2: How to make Blogger Custom Domain open on Glo Network.

Alright, now this is the main thing why you are on this page. I will share with you the best quick tricks and the necessary setups.

First, in order to make blogger custom domain open on Glo Network, you will need a Free Cloudflare account.

However, there is going to be a little problem but my trick will solve this problem too.

Before the launch of blogger HTTPS activation, bloggers who are using the Cloudflare do complain of difficulties in indexing of their blog posts.

Undoubtedly, I believe this is the problem;

Also then, the blogger platform didn’t have a valid SSL Certificate. So, using Cloudflare then was like a partial connection.

That is, blogger providing HTTP URL while Cloudflare provides HTTPS and such brings about conflicting of 2 different URLs for a site.

Hence, making it hard to be indexed via sitemap on Google Search Console.

Actually, this is what I figured out to be the cause of the problem and with my trick, it will solve the problem.

I have tried it out here on my blog and it is working perfectly fine. No broken links or mixed content error.

The best part is blog posts are being indexed via sitemap 100%.

Now, let’s start; guess you are ready for it!

Creating a Free Cloudflare Account

Go to Cloudflare.com, Click on Signup and input your email and choose a password

blogger not opening on Glo

Confirm your email and un-tick the “I would like to….” If you don’t want to get product updates from Cloudflare.

Then click on “Create Account”.

glo not opening blogger

Now, input the URL of your website.

Blogger not opening on Glo

Click Next.

cloudflare free plan

Select the Free Plan and Confirm Plan.

Confrim plans

Click Confirm.

Now, on the next page, the DNS records page will be displayed for you.

No need to worry, Cloudflare will provide you with the DNS records from your domain registrar.
What you need to do is to enable them all;

Cloudflare DNS

DNS list of records

Toggle all the records status to ON, just click on them to show the yellow symbol.

Perhaps, some of the records might not have the status option to toggle ON or OFF. Just leave them like that. Depending on your record.

Cloudflare DNS Toggle ON

Next, is to click Continue.

On the next page, Cloudflare is going to display your current Nameserver and a new set of Nameservers which you are going to change to.

Cloudflare nameservers

Here, I use Domainking and I will be using domainking registrar for this article.

If your domain is being registered with Domainking, then you are lucky because this guide will help you achieve all easily.

Perhaps, if you are using other domain registrars aside Domainking, to change your nameserver; just type the sentence below into Google search engine.

(How to change nameservers for my “domain registrar name” domain).

Example: “How to change nameservers for my Guarantor domain” or “How to change nameservers for my Namecheap domain” etc.

Now, for Domainking users, simply login to your domainking account dashboard;

Click on “My Domains”.

Elochiblog domainking account

Locate the domain name and at the far right corner, click the arrow button as seen in the image above.

Go to “Nameservers” select "use custom nameservers".

Then, replace the nameserver with the new one provided to you by Cloudflare.

Domainking nameservers option
Just as seen on the image above.

And that’s all. It will take a few minutes for the nameservers to propagate. Now, let’s continue while it’s still propagating.

The first setting to be done is the SSL Certificate Setup.

On your Cloudflare dashboard account , check the top navigation buttons and select “Crypto”.

Once it displays, you will see the SSL Section.

Cloudflare free SSL

Change it from “Full” to “Full (strict)” as seen in the image above.

Cloudflare HTTPS

Scroll down and locate the “Always use HTTPS” at the far right. Switch it to ON.

Also, locate the “Automatic HTTPS Rewrites” and switch to ON.

That is all for switching HTTPS on Cloudflare.

Now, the next setting is to create Page Rules to help redirect users.

Cloudflare Page rules

Go to “Page Rules” and click on "Create Page Rule".

Page Rule 1

Cloudflare Page rule 1

If the URL matches - paste this URL http://*www.yourblogname.com/*

Then the settings are: select "Always use HTTPS" from the drop-down.

Or besides, choose “Always Online” as seen in the image above.

NOTE: If your nameservers have not finished propagating, you will not find the “Always use HTTPS” Option.

Now, click on Save and deploy.

Page Rule 2

Cloudflare Page Rules 2

If the URL matches - paste this URL https://yourblogname.com/*

Then the settings are select "Forwarding URL" from the drop-down; then on the right side, select “301 – Permanent Redirect".

Then, paste this https://www.yourblogname.com/$1 at the box beneath.

Click on Save and deploy.

Page Rule 3

Cloudflare Page Rules 3

If the URL matches - paste this URL http://yourblogname.com/*

Then the settings are select "Forwarding URL" from the drop-down and on the right side, select "301 - Permanent Redirect".

Then, paste this https://www.yourblogname.com/$1 at the bottom box.

Lastly, make sure the three rules are arranged just as shown in the image below.

Cloudflare Page rules

Alright, that is all on the Page Rules Setup. Make sure you set the page rules properly very well to avoid conflicting and errors.

Firewall Settings

Firewal settings

On your Cloudflare navigation tab, locate the “Firewall” Options; then click on settings.

For the “Security Level”, turn it to "Low" as seen in the above image.

Finally, let’s see the last stage. This is the one I like so much, it has really increased my blog page loading speed.

Bonus Settings!

If you have been experiencing slow loading speed in your site, then now is time to speed up the loading speed. Cool right?

Go to “Speed” Tick Minify JavaScript, CSS and HTML.

Cloudflare speed option

Voila! – That’s all.

This will definitely increase your blog page loading speeds.

Once your Nameservers have finish propagating and your account is activated, then you are good to go.

Now you can view your blog site using Glo Network Sim and it will open perfectly very well.

So, that’s all on how to make blogger custom domain open on Glo Network

For pictures solutions, Click the link below
https://www.gistsfanz.com/2019/04/glo-not-opening--see-2019-ultimate-solution.html
Re: Glo Not Opening : See The 2019 Ultimate Solution by Dapo92(m): 1:02am On May 19, 2019
Mrpet:

Now, this is the very first step to take. You need to activate HTTPS, probably you might have not activated yours yet, here is how to do it.

Glo not opening on

Scroll down to HTTPS and set "HTTPS Availability" to Yes and "HTTPS Redirect" to Yes.

Once the HTTPS is being activated properly, your blog site enjoys a few benefits which include:

However, after this is been done and your site is being redirected to HTTPS, you might face some HTTPS error called “Mixed Content Error”.

This is the trick most people don’t actually know, causing them to have errors in their Sitemaps on Google search console (Webmasters tool).

Nevertheless, I got you covered in this article; now let’s see how to fix this error in the next step.

Alright, now this is the main thing why you are on this page. I will share with you the best quick tricks and the necessary setups.

First, in order to make blogger custom domain open on Glo Network, you will need a Free Cloudflare account.

However, there is going to be a little problem but my trick will solve this problem too.

Before the launch of blogger HTTPS activation, bloggers who are using the Cloudflare do complain of difficulties in indexing of their blog posts.

Also then, the blogger platform didn’t have a valid SSL Certificate. So, using Cloudflare then was like a partial connection.

That is, blogger providing HTTP URL while Cloudflare provides HTTPS and such brings about conflicting of 2 different URLs for a site.

Actually, this is what I figured out to be the cause of the problem and with my trick, it will solve the problem.

I have tried it out here on my blog and it is working perfectly fine. No broken links or mixed content error.

Go to Cloudflare.com, Click on Signup and input your email and choose a password

Confirm your email and un-tick the “I would like to….” If you don’t want to get product updates from Cloudflare.

glo not opening blogger

Click Next.

cloudflare free plan

Confrim plans

Click Confirm.

No need to worry, Cloudflare will provide you with the DNS records from your domain registrar.

Cloudflare DNS

DNS list of records

Toggle all the records status to ON, just click on them to show the yellow symbol.

Perhaps, some of the records might not have the status option to toggle ON or OFF. Just leave them like that. Depending on your record.

Cloudflare DNS Toggle ON

On the next page, Cloudflare is going to display your current Nameserver and a new set of Nameservers which you are going to change to.

Cloudflare nameservers

Here, I use Domainking and I will be using domainking registrar for this article.

If your domain is being registered with Domainking, then you are lucky because this guide will help you achieve all easily.

Perhaps, if you are using other domain registrars aside Domainking, to change your nameserver; just type the sentence below into Google search engine.

Example: “How to change nameservers for my Guarantor domain” or “How to change nameservers for my Namecheap domain” etc.

Click on “My Domains”.

Locate the domain name and at the far right corner, click the arrow button as seen in the image above.

And that’s all. It will take a few minutes for the nameservers to propagate. Now, let’s continue while it’s still propagating.

On your Cloudflare dashboard account , check the top navigation buttons and select “Crypto”.

Cloudflare free SSL

Cloudflare HTTPS

Scroll down and locate the “Always use HTTPS” at the far right. Switch it to ON.

Cloudflare Page rules

Page Rule 1

Cloudflare Page rule 1

NOTE: If your nameservers have not finished propagating, you will not find the “Always use HTTPS” Option.

Page Rule 2

Cloudflare Page Rules 2

Then the settings are select "Forwarding URL" from the drop-down; then on the right side, select “301 – Permanent Redirect".

Page Rule 3

Cloudflare Page Rules 3

Then the settings are select "Forwarding URL" from the drop-down and on the right side, select "301 - Permanent Redirect".

Lastly, make sure the three rules are arranged just as shown in the image below.

Cloudflare Page rules

Alright, that is all on the Page Rules Setup. Make sure you set the page rules properly very well to avoid conflicting and errors.

Firewall Settings

Firewal settings

On your Cloudflare navigation tab, locate the “Firewall” Options; then click on settings.

Finally, let’s see the last stage. This is the one I like so much, it has really increased my blog page loading speed.

Bonus Settings!

If you have been experiencing slow loading speed in your site, then now is time to speed up the loading speed. Cool right?

Cloudflare speed option

Voila! – That’s all.

Once your Nameservers have finish propagating and your account is activated, then you are good to go.

Now you can view your blog site using Glo Network Sim and it will open perfectly very well.

https://www.gistsfanz.com/2019/04/glo-not-opening--see-2019-ultimate-solution.html

You can find the step-by-step guide with diagrammatic representation here: https://assistblogger.com/how-to-make-blogger-custom-domain-open-on-glo-network-working-perfectly/
Re: Glo Not Opening : See The 2019 Ultimate Solution by ujnwachukwu(m): 9:05am On May 30, 2019
Mrpet:

Glo not opening on

glo not opening blogger

Click Next.

cloudflare free plan

Confrim plans

Click Confirm.

Cloudflare DNS

DNS list of records

Cloudflare DNS Toggle ON

Cloudflare nameservers

Click on “My Domains”.

Cloudflare free SSL

Cloudflare HTTPS

Cloudflare Page rules

Page Rule 1

Cloudflare Page rule 1

Page Rule 2

Cloudflare Page Rules 2

Page Rule 3

Cloudflare Page Rules 3

Cloudflare Page rules

Firewall Settings

Firewal settings

Bonus Settings!

Cloudflare speed option

Voila! – That’s all.

Thanks for such a detailed explanation. It worked on my blog now. I can now open it with Glo. God bless you

(1) (Reply)

Eminem скачать бесплатно скачать / Urgent: Sms Shortcode Web Application Programmer Needed / How Would You Rate The National Assembly Website? Www.nassnig.org

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.