Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,257 members, 7,822,311 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

I’m Ready To Go To Prison, Ayo Adebanjo Dares FG - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Ready To Go To Prison, Ayo Adebanjo Dares FG (25272 Views)

When I Become President, That Obasanjo Will Go Back To Prison - Ayo Fayose / Ayo Adebanjo: Like Abacha, God Will Deliver Nigerians From Buhari / Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’m Ready To Go To Prison, Ayo Adebanjo Dares FG by maasoap(m): 7:59am On May 01, 2019
Joshmodest:
My people perish for lack of ignorance....
A case is still in court , with a substantial evidence of rigging presented ,by the opposition , buhari shouldn't be referred to as president yet , until he wins the petition against him in court...
How on earth is that treason
Too much game of thrones is beginning to affect our reasoning !!!

He's the president until the court says otherwise. Don't you see that you're the ignorant one here? He has not even started ruling with the second mandate, so what is old fool charcoal crying about?

1 Like

Re: I’m Ready To Go To Prison, Ayo Adebanjo Dares FG by BabaO2: 8:04am On May 01, 2019
He is an irresponsible intermediary old politician collecting money on behalf of not well enlightened people to vote for Atiku. He should be sent into prison really without any sentiment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’m Ready To Go To Prison, Ayo Adebanjo Dares FG by Ashabbiiee: 8:06am On May 01, 2019
are you mad? calling an elder statesman old fool charcoal for expressing his mind. are you cursed or what?
maasoap:

He's the president until the court says otherwise. Don't you see that you're the ignorant one here? He has not even started ruling with the second mandate, so what is old fool charcoal crying about?

2 Likes

Re: I’m Ready To Go To Prison, Ayo Adebanjo Dares FG by hush15: 8:07am On May 01, 2019
nairavsdollars:
*Insists He Won’t Recognise Buhari As President–Elect

*His Utterance Treasonable, May Plunge Nation Into War – NDF

Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Chief Ayo Adebanjo, elder statesman and one of the leaders of Afenifere, has dared the Federal Government to arrest him over his statement that he would not recognise President Muhammadu Buhari as the winner of the 2019 presidential election until proven by the courts.

Adebanjo, in an interview published by Daily Independent, had described the 2019 presidential election as a farce, saying he could not recognise Buhari – who was declared winner of the election – as president-elect.

Adebanjo, who also expressed optimism that Atiku Abubakar, the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) would get justice at the court, also said the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) wrongly declared President Buhari as winner of the election.

“The election was a farce. I don’t regard Buhari as president. Buhari was wrongly declared winner by Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC). When we get to court, we would know who the real president is.

“How can you call Buhari president with the way the presidential election was conducted in a 21st century Nigeria? Look at the elections, they were completely militarised. Corps members were openly kidnapped to rig the elections,” he had said.

However, some Nigerians had reacted to the interview by calling for his arrest, saying his statement was treasonable.

The National Democratic Front (NDF) on Tuesday called for the immediate arrest and arraignment of Adebanjo, saying his comment amounted to treason and utterances capable of plunging the country into another civil war.

NDF, through its Secretary General, Dr. Bolaji Abdulkadir, said: “Adebanjo premised his treasonous call, published by the Daily Independent, on the handling of the recently held presidential election by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), which is merely a cover to justify the mayhem he and his co-travellers are planning in order to illegitimately and forcefully overthrow the government in violation of the constitution.

“Security agencies must immediately act to curtail such excesses by immediately arresting Adebanjo and anyone that instructed him to make such statement with a view to sending out the message that the laws of Nigeria are not to be toyed with.

“This call became necessary because of the series of plots by people like Adebanjo (and those who pay him) to overthrow the government of President Buhari, which were uncovered by the Federal Government prior to the elections.”

In his reaction on Tuesday, Adebanjo said he stood by his comment that he would not recognise President Buhari as the winner of the election.

He said he would not be surprised if he was arrested as the Buhari administration was known for its lack of tolerance for the opposition.

“Let them come and arrest me. I am used to that. It is typical of their regime that they don’t tolerate opposition. It is typical of Buhari in particular, he doesn’t tolerate opposition; so it’s nothing new to me.

“I maintain my stand that until the Supreme Court rules that he is validly elected, I will not recognise him.

“We have evidence that the election was rigged, let the court decide otherwise. That is all I am saying.

“The constitution provides that if you are not satisfied with the outcome of the election, go to the tribunal and don’t resort to violence.

“It is only when the court decides that he won, that is when I will recognise him. If to them, that is an offence, then I am ready to go to prison. By my pronouncement, I have not said anything illegal or unconstitutional.

“Right now, Buhari is the president declared by INEC, and not the person that won the election, and the constitution says if you are not satisfied by that declaration, go to the tribunal.

“I will only recognise him if the court rules that he is the rightful winner. That is my position and if it is an offence to follow what the constitution says, then I am ready to go to prison,” he said.
https://www.independent.ng/im-ready-for-arrest-ayo-adebanjo-dares-fg/

Like he is the only one who doesn't regard Buhari as president elect. Buhari is not my president n not the president elect by own reckoning. Come n arrest me too

1 Like

Re: I’m Ready To Go To Prison, Ayo Adebanjo Dares FG by fredoooooo: 8:16am On May 01, 2019
Psychiatric hospital just dey make more money with the name BUHARI , on to the next level
Muhomodu Olanbiwonnu Oriwonope BUHARI grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’m Ready To Go To Prison, Ayo Adebanjo Dares FG by mikeapollo: 8:16am On May 01, 2019
adajiboyy:
A real Yoruba man with balls and spine which isn't a great traits of an average Yoruba man. God bless you sir and only a fool would say that election we just witnessed wasn't a farce or rigged by buhari

Can you tell me which tribe in Nigeria has produced more fearless people like Fela, Gani, Tai Solarin, Wole Soyinka etc?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Ready To Go To Prison, Ayo Adebanjo Dares FG by maasoap(m): 8:17am On May 01, 2019
Ashabbiiee:
are you mad? calling an elder statesman old fool charcoal for expressing his mind. are you cursed or what?

Your father is mad. Your mother is cursed.
He's a bitter old fool just like some of his other co-travellers. They're a disgrace to the Yoruba race. The fact that APC wouldn't give them money like IB did is driving them crazy, we knew, you knew and everyone knew what this all about. He's an old fool. On what basis is he attacking our golden son?
He said that the election was a sham, and yet, he claimed that Atiku won. He's senile

1 Like

Re: I’m Ready To Go To Prison, Ayo Adebanjo Dares FG by Nobody: 8:22am On May 01, 2019
I'm wowed!... so my tribe still got daring lions?

thumbs up!

1 Like

Re: I’m Ready To Go To Prison, Ayo Adebanjo Dares FG by Westbestside: 8:26am On May 01, 2019
adajiboyy:
A real Yoruba man with balls and spine which isn't a great traits of an average Yoruba man. God bless you sir and only a fool would say that election we just witnessed wasn't a farce or rigged by buhari
How many igboman has boldness to say this. When the likes of Fela, Dele giwa, Falz, Gani fawehinmi etc were talking, were talking, where were igbomen. You think boldness is by coming to nairaland to beat empty chest. Name any bold man in igboland and let expose you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Ready To Go To Prison, Ayo Adebanjo Dares FG by olas24u(f): 8:28am On May 01, 2019
maasoap:

That's not a man with balls but just an old, hungry and disgruntled PDP's apologist. He's simply looking for attention and I trust my own president, Buhari. He doesn't have time for fools looking for attention. He's not the first attention seeker and he won't be the last.
That is not true ,he his not a member of any political party and he his not hungry.He has been in the media before you were born and so what is the need for attention at 90years.reetructuring is very important to him and that was what atiku promised them ,at worst implement the recommendations of the GEJ conference document.This man is a positive thinker.it is the same igbos that will not allow the restructuring to take place ,together with their hausa fulani partners.
Re: I’m Ready To Go To Prison, Ayo Adebanjo Dares FG by luluman: 8:28am On May 01, 2019
adajiboyy:
How flies no go support shit? you be Ibo now, you want somebody wey no like Buhari like you.

1 Like

Re: I’m Ready To Go To Prison, Ayo Adebanjo Dares FG by NEIGHBOUR(m): 8:29am On May 01, 2019
Adebanjo can't win an election in his unit not to talk of a Local Govt. He represents nobody in Yoruba Land. He comes every four years to make money with others. They scammed Goodluck Jonathan four years ago and now Atiku.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’m Ready To Go To Prison, Ayo Adebanjo Dares FG by adekolaelect(m): 8:33am On May 01, 2019
adajiboyy:
OK continue hailing him I hope you will join him not be on line ranting when they get his time .

1 Like

Re: I’m Ready To Go To Prison, Ayo Adebanjo Dares FG by Olatunji1929: 8:36am On May 01, 2019
nagastat:
Irrelevant agbaya alatenuje.
Shioor!
he is far better than your irresponsible ass licker popsy

1 Like

Re: I’m Ready To Go To Prison, Ayo Adebanjo Dares FG by Westbestside: 8:36am On May 01, 2019
Noel1:

And hw many of Chestbeating pigs have come out to say the same?

U Chestbeating Biafuros only wana hide behind Afonjas grin
Help me ask am o
Re: I’m Ready To Go To Prison, Ayo Adebanjo Dares FG by adekolaelect(m): 8:38am On May 01, 2019
MorufuAtanda:
Yoruba Muslim Vs yoruba Christians. We Yoruba are never united.
Unlike the SE and SS who will vote Ibo presidency in 2023.
I can see it when Asari dokunbo was telling you how stupid you are but try to take all his advises before it is too late for you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Ready To Go To Prison, Ayo Adebanjo Dares FG by maasoap(m): 8:40am On May 01, 2019
olas24u:

That is not true , he his not a member of any political party and he his not hungry. He has been in the media before you were born and so what is the need for attention at 90years.reetructuring is very important to him and that was what atiku promised them ,at worst implement the recommendations of the GEJ conference document.This man is a positive thinker.it is the same igbos that will not allow the restructuring to take place ,together with their hausa fulani partners.

There are many people and organisations which do not belong to any political party but are more comfortable with certain political party being in power. Examples are Afenifere, Ohaneze, Ohaneze youth, OPC, Igbos and and so on. This Ayo Adebanjo belongs to Afenifere and its members didn't hide it that they are more comfortable with PDP in power. They declared support for it in 2015 and recently 2019.
Atiku didn't promise anything on restructuring, go and dig out his policy document
Re: I’m Ready To Go To Prison, Ayo Adebanjo Dares FG by Okoyeebows: 8:45am On May 01, 2019
Yorubasaredogs:
[s][/s]May your obsession for God's chosen people not lead to your early demise.

Which chosen people?
Chosen people ko, Olumba descendants ni.

Sons of Ham that are descendants of Judas Iscariot and were chased out of Isreal.
Re: I’m Ready To Go To Prison, Ayo Adebanjo Dares FG by Nobody: 8:48am On May 01, 2019
luluman:
How flies no go support shit? you be Ibo now, you want somebody wey no like Buhari like you.
I am not ibo my man , I am idoma from benue State

1 Like

Re: I’m Ready To Go To Prison, Ayo Adebanjo Dares FG by Printerscanner: 8:49am On May 01, 2019
adajiboyy:

Election was rigged, yet the so called Afenifere leader Ayo Adebanjo who worked for Atikuchukwu lost his polling unit, Buba Galadima lost disgracefully by 3 votes to 750, Obasanjo that thinks he is Nigerian god lost his polling unit, even Atikuchukwu was humiliated by Buhari in Atikuchukwu's home, Buhari whipped him 167 to 187 in Atikuchukwu's polling unit. Now tell me, where did Atikuchukwu win? Can SS and SE 5% votes get Atikuchukwu to Aso Rock gate? Capital NO.
Re: I’m Ready To Go To Prison, Ayo Adebanjo Dares FG by Nobody: 8:50am On May 01, 2019
Westbestside:
How many igboman has boldness to say this. When the likes of Fela, Dele giwa, Falz, Gani fawehinmi etc were talking, were talking, where were igbomen. You think boldness is by coming to nairaland to beat empty chest. Name any bold man in igboland and let expose you.
I am not ibo man bro, I am an idoma man from benue
Re: I’m Ready To Go To Prison, Ayo Adebanjo Dares FG by Nobody: 8:51am On May 01, 2019
mikeapollo:

Can you tell me which tribe in Nigeria has produced more fearless people like Fela, Gani, Tai Solarin, Wole Soyinka etc?
my man please I am not a tribalist. I am idoma from benue and have spend all of my life in Lagos ok

1 Like

Re: I’m Ready To Go To Prison, Ayo Adebanjo Dares FG by Nobody: 8:52am On May 01, 2019
maasoap:

That's not a man with balls but just an old, hungry and disgruntled PDP's apologist. He's simply looking for attention and I trust my own president, Buhari. He doesn't have time for fools looking for attention. He's not the first attention seeker and he won't be the last.
ok man thanks. But was the election we just witness free and fair answer me with all sincerity of the heart

1 Like

Re: I’m Ready To Go To Prison, Ayo Adebanjo Dares FG by Nobody: 8:54am On May 01, 2019
Alexis11:

Lol... You are so wrong. You don't understand what political sophistication means.

It is common in Yoruba land to see Couples who are Christian/Muslims.

You see father supporting PDP while children support APC and so on.

Most people insulting Yorubas simply don't understand them. cool
come on my man I didn't insult the yoruba man. My girlfriend and mother of my son is Yoruba, I have lived in Lagos all my life, so I would never ever insult any Yoruba man for any reason
Re: I’m Ready To Go To Prison, Ayo Adebanjo Dares FG by topstone4: 8:57am On May 01, 2019
adajiboyy:

Are you saying is a fool?

1 Like

Re: I’m Ready To Go To Prison, Ayo Adebanjo Dares FG by Nobody: 8:57am On May 01, 2019
Noel1:

And hw many of Chestbeating pigs have come out to say the same?

U Chestbeating Biafuros only wana hide behind Afonjas grin
lol. Bro I am not ibo but idoma from benue state
Re: I’m Ready To Go To Prison, Ayo Adebanjo Dares FG by Nobody: 9:01am On May 01, 2019
topstone4:

Are you saying is a fool?
lol I am not saying that oo but who ever says that election was free and fair is a capital fool and a big liar to himself and his conscience

2 Likes

Re: I’m Ready To Go To Prison, Ayo Adebanjo Dares FG by olas24u(f): 9:03am On May 01, 2019
maasoap:

There are many people and organisations which do not belong to any political party but are more comfortable with certain political party being in power. Examples are Afenifere, Ohaneze, Ohaneze youth, OPC, Igbos and and so on. This Ayo Adebanjo belongs to Afenifere and its members didn't hide it that they are more comfortable with PDP in power. They declared support for it in 2015 and recently 2019.
Atiku didn't promise anything on restructuring, go and dig out his policy document
That is not true ,he support GEJ after he promised to implement the recommendations of the conference documents after winning a reelection.so he his supporting atiku because he promised them restructuring.it is very simple to understand it is not driven by any material benefit.

1 Like

Re: I’m Ready To Go To Prison, Ayo Adebanjo Dares FG by olas24u(f): 9:04am On May 01, 2019
maasoap:

Even APC promised restructuring ,but backslided .

1 Like

Re: I’m Ready To Go To Prison, Ayo Adebanjo Dares FG by gaskiyamagana: 9:23am On May 01, 2019
Dshocker:
But the truth still remains that Buhari rigged the election
Sai Baba
Sai Buhari
Till 2023
Wailers will continue to wail.
Re: I’m Ready To Go To Prison, Ayo Adebanjo Dares FG by luluman: 9:34am On May 01, 2019
adajiboyy:
I am not ibo my man , I am idoma from benue State
All na the same anti Buhari now.
Re: I’m Ready To Go To Prison, Ayo Adebanjo Dares FG by tesppidd: 9:37am On May 01, 2019
Joshmodest:

I hope your foolish self is aware the man in question , is not referring to an administration that will end in the next 28 days...he has every right to say buhari isn't the president elect till the court proves he is , Either adeleke or oyetola can't be fully referred to as governor's of osun state, cos the court is yet to finalize the issue !!!
Mr man next time when you want to reply a post , do so intelligently don't reply like a fool , if you are not comfortable with an opinion give your own , and enter your shop , pls it's too early for stupidity !!!
I won't patronize your stupidity.

Keep on basking in your foolishness.

Buhari will sign your bills.
Buhari will commands the armed forces.
Buhari will represent you abroad.

You and your likes should go to court to stop him from doing all that before the supreme court removes him.

Otherwise y'all are just pissing in the wind.

What I call delusions of grandeur.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2023 Presidency: Social Media Influencers Stage Upset Against APC,PDP. / Nigerian Senate Set To Spend N4.7b On 120 Toyota Land Cruisers For Saraki, Other / I Left PDP Because I Was Expelled - Akpabio Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.