Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,267 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

Bread Price May Rise By 10% - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Bread Price May Rise By 10% (13994 Views)

JUST IN: Bread Price Increase As Bakers Hint On Fresh Increase In Production Cos / Bread Price Increase Looms As Wheat Cost Rises 33% / Ramadan: Prices Of Tomato, Pepper Rise By 60% In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bread Price May Rise By 10% by Nobody: 1:38pm On May 01, 2019
Baawaa:
Those baker's are thieves,do they increase flour price by 10%,is it only flour that is ingredient of bread
Without flour you wouldn't get your pastries
Re: Bread Price May Rise By 10% by topstone4: 1:41pm On May 01, 2019
Sirjamo, you will still wail helplessly under buhari and you will wish for death
Re: Bread Price May Rise By 10% by GreatResearcher: 1:42pm On May 01, 2019
carlcar2012:
.God we need you.
Need me not. Thou and thy seeds shall suffer hunger and lack because thou have beleived in me. Thou hasth refused to hustle but pray to me to send thee food from the sky. Thou hasth taught thy sons and daughters to believe that I provide therefore thy sons and daughters have refused to hustle. Thou believe I exist when I exist not.

O saith the Lord of Host.
Re: Bread Price May Rise By 10% by Siberia01(m): 1:45pm On May 01, 2019
grin grin cheesy angry grin
Re: Bread Price May Rise By 10% by SarkinYarki: 1:48pm On May 01, 2019
abacusCm:
there is tendency that one of your relatives voted for Buhari.

Hunger kill that relative then
Re: Bread Price May Rise By 10% by SarkinYarki: 1:50pm On May 01, 2019
Baawaa:
Those baker's are thieves,do they increase flour price by 10%,is it only flour that is ingredient of bread

keep quiet and enjoy next level
Re: Bread Price May Rise By 10% by SarkinYarki: 1:51pm On May 01, 2019
greatermeme:
I thought I saw " BRIDE price may rise by 10%"

If price of bread goes up it means price of bride price go rise too na cheesy grin
Re: Bread Price May Rise By 10% by bigpicture001: 1:55pm On May 01, 2019
...please oo..will it affect " bread way hand no dey touch"...?
Re: Bread Price May Rise By 10% by Reference(m): 2:11pm On May 01, 2019
tactius:

In 1983, Shagari was in charge till December 31st.

And the reason for the queues...oil price crash in late 1982, plus the wasteful spending of the civillian government.

Does not make Buhari's coup right...but you cannot put the whole blame for the economic crisis of the 1980's on Buhari.

Same thing happening now. Oil was high till it crashed a year before Buhari took over. Okonjo-Iweala was already predicting recession, whoever took over, in January 2015.

Oga, this is 2019. Four years after and you are still doing historinomics Governments are elected to take care of business and not just for superiority complex. Before Obama's first term was over he had brought the United States out of the Bush era recession. Today, Trump is in his third year and all economic indices are at their best for thirty years.

How long are you going to gi e your pet government to do its job please. You are a citizen and an employer of government. Stop making excuses for your employees. Demand performance no matter what sentiments you carry. Call a spade, a spade.
Re: Bread Price May Rise By 10% by omobaba1759: 2:11pm On May 01, 2019
What a next level, Here we go
Re: Bread Price May Rise By 10% by Reference(m): 2:26pm On May 01, 2019
You see what annoys me about this disgusting situation is that all the suffering is for nothing.

Had it been inflation due to fuel subsidy removal, then we know what we stand to benefit in cash savings and oil industry investment attraction.

Had it been inflation due to the floatation of the Naira, then we know we stand to benefit from the activation of local content and onshore industrial capacity not to talk of a robust foreign reserve and a more stable exchange rate.

Had it been inflation due to market uncertainty surrounding the comprehensive restructuring of the country, then we know when things settle down tje country will be firing on all cylinders.

But we have refused to take any of these fundamental, long term solutions due to the fear of suffering and social unrest yet the hardship we fear is creeping upon us and we are sinking 'instalmentally'.

When that misfit called a CBN governor thinks he can borrow his way out of recession without comprehensive productivity potentials to repay, this is the result. The prices of most fundamentals that productive capacity is built on have gone up.... fuel, cement, steel, etc. Now who will break this viscious cycle and dare to invest now....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bread Price May Rise By 10% by Vince77(m): 2:31pm On May 01, 2019
There is no such thing as poor man food again in Nigeria. If you can afford anything to eat at all, you are rich.
Re: Bread Price May Rise By 10% by Nobody: 2:31pm On May 01, 2019
Reference:

Oga, this is 2019. Four years after and you are still doing historinomics Governments are elected to take care of business and not just for superiority complex. Before Obama's first term was over he had brought the United States out of the Bush era recession. Today, Trump is in his third year and all economic indices are at their best for thirty years.

How long are you going to gi e your pet government to do its job please. You are a citizen and an employer of government. Stop making excuses for your employees. Demand performance no matter what sentiments you carry. Call a spade, a spade.

You missed my point.

Sorry.
Re: Bread Price May Rise By 10% by greatermeme: 2:32pm On May 01, 2019
SarkinYarki:

If price of bread goes up it means price of bride price go rise too na cheesy grin
Is it the law of SUPPLY?
Re: Bread Price May Rise By 10% by biztip: 3:14pm On May 01, 2019
tactius:

In 1983, Shagari was in charge till December 31st.

And the reason for the queues...oil price crash in late 1982, plus the wasteful spending of the civillian government.

Does not make Buhari's coup right...but you cannot put the whole blame for the economic crisis of the 1980's on Buhari.

Same thing happening now. Oil was high till it crashed a year before Buhari took over. Okonjo-Iweala was already predicting recession, whoever took over, in January 2015.
d same blame game. if he doesn't have a clue in what to do he should leave office for people with beta ideas. since buhari came in 2015, honestly Nigerians has sudfdered more.
Re: Bread Price May Rise By 10% by ayanleye12(m): 3:15pm On May 01, 2019
Baawaa:
use your head flour consistute 70% of bread and other ingredients they are on their right how would those flour mills do that without informing them it's weirld federal government should intervene before this goes wrong....
Re: Bread Price May Rise By 10% by Nobody: 3:15pm On May 01, 2019
biztip:

d same blame game. if he doesn't have a clue in what to do he should leave office for people with beta ideas. since buhari came in 2015, honestly Nigerians has sudfdered more.

tactius:

I am blaming the fall in oil prices...meaning I blame our reliance on oil.

The problem is, we are not ready to make the difficult changes we need to get off oil

And sorry, but GEJ and Buhari are the same to me, as are their parties. I do not, nor would never vote for either.
Re: Bread Price May Rise By 10% by StaffofOrayan(m): 3:17pm On May 01, 2019
If I were a politician, I would pray all my electorate are like you, always there to make excuses for me.

If I give my car to a mechanic to fix, I don't care about the history of the engine, I just want it fixed,

These clowns are the best paid politicians in the world, but they are all grandfather's who use politics as a retirement package,

Stop trying to put the young ones on this thread to sleep like your folks did to you.

tactius:

Back in 1999-2003...Nigerians complained, and the argument then was 'We have had 15 years of Army rule...so all of you calm down'

Also, our forex needs were much less then, and even then, the economy was in crisis.

Infact, it took until 2003 when oil began rising, before we saw some 'improvements'.

Anyway, my argument is not to defend Buhari....my argument is to identify the cause of our problem...a reliance on the price of oil to run a good economy.

Ngozi Okonjo Iweala put this into perspective when sie said in 2015...THAT whoever took over in 2015...there was going to be a recession.

So, Buhari, to me, is not a good leader because like the PDP...he has no ideas to take us off our reliance on oil. Infact, he is looking for more oil.
Re: Bread Price May Rise By 10% by Nobody: 3:19pm On May 01, 2019
StaffofOrayan:
If I were a politician, I would pray all my electorate are like you, always there to make excuses for me.

If I give my car to a mechanic to fix, I don't care about the history of the engine, I just want it fixed,

These clowns are the best paid politicians in the world, but they are all grandfather's who use politics as a retirement package,

Stop trying to put the young ones on this thread to sleep like your folks did to you.

tactius:

I am blaming the fall in oil prices...meaning I blame our reliance on oil.

The problem is, we are not ready to make the difficult changes we need to get off oil

And sorry, but GEJ and Buhari are the same to me, as are their parties. I do not, nor would never vote for either.

Thank you sir.
Re: Bread Price May Rise By 10% by mechanics(m): 3:22pm On May 01, 2019
They should not increase the price of bread o.
Re: Bread Price May Rise By 10% by deebrain(m): 3:33pm On May 01, 2019
Next level
Re: Bread Price May Rise By 10% by hahn(m): 3:43pm On May 01, 2019
carlcar2012:
.God we need you.

If you have to remind it then it is either it doesn't care or doesn't exist
Re: Bread Price May Rise By 10% by JakesJ(m): 4:00pm On May 01, 2019
greatermeme:
I thought I saw " BRIDE price may rise by 10%"
It'll be the best & 1+derfull thing this present administration have done so far, cos all the unmarried young body able youth will at once adopt & same time practice 2baba system of government...
Re: Bread Price May Rise By 10% by madridsta007(m): 4:16pm On May 01, 2019
Nollyzonenews:
The price of bread and other flour eatables may soon rise by 10 percent following a recent N600 increase on the price of flour.

Flour millers raised the price of a bag of flour by N600 last March, resulting in a bag selling at N10,700 and N11,900 instead of the former between N10,200 and N11,300.

Tumba Turi, the National President of the Association of Master Bakers and Caterers of Nigeria (AMBCN), told Daily Trust on phone yesterday in Maiduguri. “Our members constitute 80 percent of the consumers of the flour produced by the millers, but they increased the price of the commodity without consulting us,” Sir Dominic stressed his lamentation. 

“Most bakeries across the country are closing down now as a result if the price increase,” he said, calling on the federal government to prevail of the flour millers to reverse the price increase, warning, “if the increase is not reversed, we may be compelled to raise the price of bread and other baked-flour eatables by 10 percent.” The AMBCN president complained: “When the USD exchanged for N500 a bag of flour was N11,300; yet now with the USD exchanging for N360 a bag was still N11,300 even before the recent N600 increase.”

Bukar Mustapha, the Borno State Chairman of AMBCN said: “We know that the consumers of baked products will protest nationwide if we raise the price of our products, but we may have to do so if government does not prevail on the millers to reverse their increase.

Source: http://www.ngg.ng/2019/05/01/bread-price-may-rise-by-10/

Similar essential items increase as it happened in 1984-1985. Bread, egg, milk. Nigerians had to form queue to obtain these items. It will happen in the "next level", most certainly, more in the North and less in the South.

Guess who was military head of state during that period? You beau, Beau Harry.

1 Like

Re: Bread Price May Rise By 10% by adetes: 6:27pm On May 01, 2019
Uyi168:
I actually thought it was bride price..
likewise m
Re: Bread Price May Rise By 10% by cosymyman: 7:28pm On May 01, 2019
hmmm!

Re: Bread Price May Rise By 10% by Omofranca(f): 1:06am On May 02, 2019
carlcar2012:
.God we need you.

Yes o, at this rate, if one accidentally drops a loaf of bread, instead of landing on the ground, it will float because they will become even lighter than they already are! shocked
Re: Bread Price May Rise By 10% by asawanathegreat(m): 7:55pm On May 02, 2019
greatermeme:
where?
in my village urhobo community, Bride is #20 now.
Re: Bread Price May Rise By 10% by greatermeme: 8:10pm On May 02, 2019
asawanathegreat:
in my village urhobo community, Bride is #20 now.
Wow!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yours Mine and Ours: Cuisine / Bakers Set To Increase Bread Prices / Daniel Fast Recipes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.