Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,225 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:00 AM

See New Trick Fraudsters Use At The Atm - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / See New Trick Fraudsters Use At The Atm (949 Views)

Survival Fund: New Method Fraudsters Use To Hack Your Account / Facebook User Exposes New Format ATM Fraudsters Use To Scam People. / New ATM Scam Alert Fraudsters Use And Can Put You In Serious Trouble (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See New Trick Fraudsters Use At The Atm by YOUNGEBEN91(m): 9:28pm On May 01, 2019
Hello Nairalanders!
Let me tell you a new trick fraudsters use to defraud people at the ATM.

You might have seen them trying to withdraw at the ATM. They come to you and call you to a side, tell you that they are stranded, and wasn't able to withdraw from the ATM due to lack of fund or having difficulties with his/her account etc and probably going home (which might be another state).

He/she would beg you to withdraw certain amount of money for him/her or give him/her some amount of money which will be enough to take him/her home (maybe 3k, 5k) and that when he/she gets home he/she would ask his/her spouse, friend, son, daughter etc to transfer the money back to you.

They would ask for your account number, tell you their name, show you some pictures of their wife/husband, daughter, son and even give you their phone number and ask you to call so as to confirm that they are not telling lies and you can trust them.

If you should give them the money and call the number afterwards, trust me it won't go through again.

Please Note: They will probably be older than you (or even tell you they have a son or daughter of your age bracket), well dressed and even speak good English.

If someone tells you at the ATM that he/she is stranded, please ignore for your own good

1 Like

Re: See New Trick Fraudsters Use At The Atm by matify83: 9:40pm On May 01, 2019
The spate at which fraudsters exploit our humanity will sooner leave us inhumane.

1 Like

Re: See New Trick Fraudsters Use At The Atm by Hoodbilonia: 10:08pm On May 01, 2019
I always give myself one thing wen i'm at the atm
SPACE
Re: See New Trick Fraudsters Use At The Atm by adecz: 10:09pm On May 01, 2019
Useless post...

How can you just meet a total
stranger and basically borrow the
person money?

We dey even avoid giving money to
people we know sef.

5 Likes

Re: See New Trick Fraudsters Use At The Atm by aanuoluwami14(f): 7:25am On May 02, 2019
adecz:

Useless post...

How can you just meet a total
stranger and basically borrow the
person money?

We dey even avoid giving money to
people we know sef.

I wonder ooo, how would I borrow a stranger money at ATM? Haba! I no be mumu now cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: See New Trick Fraudsters Use At The Atm by adecz: 10:06am On May 02, 2019
aanuoluwami14:

I wonder ooo, how would I borrow a stranger money at ATM? Haba! I no be mumu now cheesy cheesy

People we know sef, dey tell us better
story in order to borrow them money, we
no dey answer them.

Then total stranger comes with some
yarns and we oblige them?

It's possible the person that posted this
story was approached by a fine slay queen
and he lost his senses & gave her money.

He was simply scammed by lust.

1 Like

Re: See New Trick Fraudsters Use At The Atm by aanuoluwami14(f): 10:57am On May 02, 2019
adecz:

People we know sef, dey tell us better story in order to borrow them money, we no dey answer them.
Then total stranger comes with some yarns and we oblige them?
It's possible the person that posted this story was approached by a fine slay queen and he lost his senses & gave her money.
He was simply scammed by lust.
cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: See New Trick Fraudsters Use At The Atm by nagastat: 12:15pm On May 02, 2019
Anybody that falls for this is not a full blooded Nigerian. grin
Re: See New Trick Fraudsters Use At The Atm by skyhighweb(m): 1:01pm On May 02, 2019
d scam doesn't even make sense

u come atm come wildraw
i come atm come wildraw too

u dey tell me say u no get cash for hand but for bank
so me come atm come do wetin?

record with us @ house 10 studio lagos egbeda 09075252828 let make music for you

(1) (Reply)

I Killed My Husband Because Of Sex – Woman Speaks / (VIDEO) No Social Distancing During Sharing Of Food During Lockdown / My Landlord Which Happens To Be My Colleague At Work Burgled My Apartment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.