Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

Can My Laptop Do Graphics - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Can My Laptop Do Graphics (1425 Views)

Learn How To Do Graphics Design With Ohone / What Type Of Laptop Do I Need As A Graphic Designer? / What Laptop Do You Use For After Effects? How Fast Does It Render? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can My Laptop Do Graphics by lekzytaker(m): 10:17pm On May 01, 2019
hello, I got a laptop with Intel celeron processor 1.5 GHz dual. and a 2gb ram with 32bit. I wanted to know if it can do graphics design and play games? what games can I platy?
Re: Can My Laptop Do Graphics by GreatAchiever1: 8:13am On May 02, 2019
If its with photoshop or corel draw, dont bother it wont work(coz to start with, they dont have 32 bit versions) and as for gaming, honestly the only type of games i know might work well on it is online games.
Re: Can My Laptop Do Graphics by Greatzeus(m): 10:31am On May 02, 2019
GreatAchiever1:
If its with photoshop or corel draw, dont bother it wont work(coz to start with, they dont have 32 bit versions) and as for gaming, honestly the only type of games i know might work well on it is online games.
You lie bro, always talk on what you sure of, especially on a forum like this.
Both Corel draw and Photoshop come in both 32 and 64 bits. I used Photoshop 7 and Corel draw x3 on a 32 bits old PC before. Photoshop cs6 still have options for 32/64 bits installation. But Corel draw X6 to x9 can only be installed on windows 10, no matter the spec of the PC. But it also has option for 32/64 bits installation.
Re: Can My Laptop Do Graphics by Greatzeus(m): 10:33am On May 02, 2019
lekzytaker:
hello, I got a laptop with Intel celeron processor 1.5 GHz dual. and a 2gb ram with 32bit. I wanted to know if it can do graphics design and play games? what games can I platy?
If you need Photoshop and Corel draw or football games that can work on your PC I have them.
Re: Can My Laptop Do Graphics by aktem(m): 11:34am On May 02, 2019
Bro.... intel celeron processor and 2gb ram?
That is a BIG NO
Re: Can My Laptop Do Graphics by popupmotion: 12:15pm On May 02, 2019
yes and yes. games like microsoft inbuild games like solitaire but not like god of war or wwe or pes. then designs like mspaint not heavy work with photoshop. Atleast you own a laptop at last so congrats from me.
Re: Can My Laptop Do Graphics by lekzytaker(m): 2:35pm On May 02, 2019
popupmotion:
yes and yes. games like microsoft inbuild games like solitaire but not like god of war or wwe or pes. then designs like mspaint not heavy work with photoshop. Atleast you own a laptop at last so congrats from me.
hehehehe, this guy ehn. u don finish me. but all the way me seff get laptop.

1 Like

Re: Can My Laptop Do Graphics by GreatAchiever1: 7:16pm On May 02, 2019
Greatzeus:

Both Corel draw and Photoshop come in both 32 and 64 bits. I used Photoshop 7 and Corel draw x3 on a 32 bits old PC before. Photoshop cs6 still have options for 32/64 bits installation. But Corel draw X6 to x9 can only be installed on windows 10, no matter the spec of the PC. But it also has option for 32/64 bits installation.

oh my bad. when I went to a site one time, I didn't see anything about 32 bit. and thought oh well, maybe they don't have 32 bit version. But if u say so, cos I don't use either of the two.

1 Like

Re: Can My Laptop Do Graphics by GreatAchiever1: 7:51pm On May 02, 2019
Op, if u serious about learning graphic design, u can try inkscape or gimp. they are free and open source
Re: Can My Laptop Do Graphics by Landargas: 10:35am On May 03, 2019
Yes, it can, there are so much old but good software which will run well on it, that you can't even imagine how much ?! However I just sold PC like that for like 10 EUR in other country. But it still capable of many things with old software though, so don't be discouraged.
Re: Can My Laptop Do Graphics by Xzellentgraphic: 6:02pm On May 03, 2019
Op...just sell the laptop and buy a 4gig ram & 500gig rom laptop
Re: Can My Laptop Do Graphics by don4real18(m): 9:52am On May 04, 2019
GreatAchiever1:
Photoshop has 32bit version
Re: Can My Laptop Do Graphics by lekzytaker(m): 5:28pm On May 04, 2019
Xzellentgraphic:
Op...just sell the laptop and buy a 4gig ram & 500gig rom laptop
will you buy it from me?
Re: Can My Laptop Do Graphics by Ademat7(m): 5:37pm On May 04, 2019
What are d better system for this, I'm considering getting one too
Re: Can My Laptop Do Graphics by Offpoint: 1:58pm On May 05, 2019
Greatzeus:

lol, you sef dey lie. you can install any version of CorelDRaw on Win 7, & 8....
I'm currently using CorelDRaw x8 on win7...

all you need do is upgrade your netframe.

You sef always talk on what you're sure of...
Re: Can My Laptop Do Graphics by Greatzeus(m): 2:17pm On May 05, 2019
Offpoint:

lol, you sef dey lie. you can install any version of CorelDRaw on Win 7, & 8....
I'm currently using CorelDRaw x8 on win7...

all you need do is upgrade your netframe.

You sef always talk on what you're sure of...
Where did I say you can't install any version of Corel draw on windows 7/8. I said you can't install any version lesser than x6 on windows 10.
I have Corel draw x3 to x9, my PC runs windows 10, I currently run x8 on my PC.I know what I'm talking about.
Re: Can My Laptop Do Graphics by Offpoint: 8:01pm On May 05, 2019
Greatzeus:

Where did I say you can't install any version of Corel draw on windows 7/8. I said you can't install any version lesser than x6 on windows 10.
I have Corel draw x3 to x9, my PC runs windows 10, I currently run x8 on my PC.I know what I'm talking about.
read your first comment slowly... and mention me back

(1) (Reply)

3ds Max Effects ! / An Offer You Can't Refuse / Branding Your Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.