Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,939 members, 7,835,130 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

Zainab Aliyu: Shehu Sani Advises Air Travellers What To Do - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zainab Aliyu: Shehu Sani Advises Air Travellers What To Do (27538 Views)

Kidnapping: Shehu Sani Advises Living Faith Theological School In Kaduna / Shehu Sani Advises Tinubu To Learn From Abiola’s Travails / Shehu Sani Advises Obaseki: 'Return Not To Egypt Where Thee Art Called Obasek' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zainab Aliyu: Shehu Sani Advises Air Travellers What To Do by saajus: 5:33pm On May 02, 2019
I'm surprised the cartel planted cheap tramadol in her back. Tramadol trafficking does not worth the stress. I'm not saying Zainab is guilty but Something is not adding up
Re: Zainab Aliyu: Shehu Sani Advises Air Travellers What To Do by klas(m): 5:41pm On May 02, 2019
bong4:

Waooo!!! this act is so evil. Although the quick response of the government in this particular case is really heating the polity considering its approach in past cases, Nigerians should really look into this issue of set up by drug cartels at the airport.

Why don't we canvass for a system that gives a passenger an input into how your luggage are tagged?

Listed among the items on the tag, the number of luggage a passenger is carrying should be indicated on the tags. for example if i have 3 luggage; bag one should be 1/3; bag two should be 2/3; bag three should be 3/3 etc. The passenger should also have a copy of these tags.

If there is an additional bag, definitely the passenger can't have 4/3 as the case may be.

Was the government response that quick? Zainab was arrested on 27 December 2018 and was in detention till the end of April 2019.

She was apparently not charged by the Saudi because the case against her was not really watertight.

Note that she travelled with her mother and sister and they had already entered Saudi Arabia, left the airport town of Jeddah for Medina before the Saudi drug agency went to their hotel room in the evening alleging that a bag tagged in her name was left unclaimed at the airport but the family insisted that all their luggage were with them in the hotel.
Re: Zainab Aliyu: Shehu Sani Advises Air Travellers What To Do by Nobody: 5:42pm On May 02, 2019
this zainab issues has thought me alot
Re: Zainab Aliyu: Shehu Sani Advises Air Travellers What To Do by monarch101(m): 5:56pm On May 02, 2019
[quote author=SOFTDRINK post=78044152]The drug dealer girl was obviously released because her father is rich and buhari intervened because she's a muslim.

Nobody planted anything in her bag.

Is she the only person that was "framed" by the imaginary "cartel"?

Is she the only innocent Nigerian languishing in foreign prisons?

Why will the "cartel" plant cheap tramadol in her bag when they can plant cocaine and make millions?

Why will the drug (tramadol) that the northern youths like to abuse be the same one found in her bag?
My nigga! tramadol and marijuana, those Arabs don't joke with it.the exchange rate of these drugs in the black market weighs higher than gold
Re: Zainab Aliyu: Shehu Sani Advises Air Travellers What To Do by Justmenoni2: 6:04pm On May 02, 2019
Shiro niyrn

Best solution is for the govt to create space for investors so they can have bag rolling places at the airport, this way you roll your bag yourself so you can't blame no one... I don't know why you have to show ur bags to the customs police etc... This is never done abroad and that is why there's also congestion at some Nigerian airports
Re: Zainab Aliyu: Shehu Sani Advises Air Travellers What To Do by HazzanTazzan(m): 6:21pm On May 02, 2019
Amitez:
The questions noone is answering is HOW WAS THE CARTEL PLANNING TO RETRIEVE THOSE DRUGS FROM ZAINAB
For me oo; there is no cartel. The government just used that as a scheme to save a Nigerian drug trader. Fear North, especially under APC. Lies are their second name. Saudi Arabia should take note.

YOu have no brain at all...
Re: Zainab Aliyu: Shehu Sani Advises Air Travellers What To Do by emmanuelpopson(m): 6:24pm On May 02, 2019
Justmenoni2:
Shiro niyrn

Best solution is for the govt to create space for investors so they can have bag rolling places at the airport, this way you roll your bag yourself so you can't blame no one... I don't know why you have to show ur bags to the customs police etc... This is never done abroad and that is why there's also congestion at some Nigerian airports

the Best thing to do is the CCTV cameras in the airport should be functioning at its optimal level.. how and where would someone plant drugs into your luggage if the security cameras are working... also bags should be tag as its been done in cargo shipment eg.. a 3 packages of 100 kg of a cargo will be tallied as 1/3 of 100kg, 2/3 of 100kg and 3/3 of 100kg... any other luggages can't be in that array as it will be known not to belong to that name tag.. if our security agents are proactive ,this will be a past issue...

1 Like

Re: Zainab Aliyu: Shehu Sani Advises Air Travellers What To Do by ikbnice(m): 6:48pm On May 02, 2019
klas:

Was the government response that quick? Zainab was arrested on 27 December 2018 and was in detention till the end of April 2019.

She was apparently not charged by the Saudi because the case against her was not really watertight.

Note that she travelled with her mother and sister and they had already entered Saudi Arabia, left the airport town of Jeddah for Medina before the Saudi drug agency went to their hotel room in the evening alleging that a bag tagged in her name was left unclaimed at the airport but the family insisted that all their luggage were with them in the hotel .
@the bolded, while will drugs be planted in her bag if there are nobody to claim it in the first place? That doesn't really make sense because drug syndicates habe strong connections that would have warrant the bag been detached as it got to Saudi Arabia. Not let lying around.
Re: Zainab Aliyu: Shehu Sani Advises Air Travellers What To Do by klas(m): 7:07pm On May 02, 2019
ikbnice:
@the bolded, while will drugs be planted in her bag if there are nobody to claim it in the first place? That doesn't really make sense because drug syndicates habe strong connections that would have warrant the bag been detached as it got to Saudi Arabia. Not let lying around.

Many things could have happened

1. The retriever failed to show up

2. Their informant alerted them that the bag had been marked for monitoring, hence, they aborted the mission

3. The retriever (if an insider) got posted to another section at last moment

Come to think of it, why should Zainab too leave the bag if it belonged to her? Afterall, for them to have successfully entered the country, meant they already cleared the customs and drug agency screening.

1 Like

Re: Zainab Aliyu: Shehu Sani Advises Air Travellers What To Do by Khaleell001(m): 10:42pm On May 02, 2019
crestedaguiyi:

onuku, go to tunde ednuts Instagram page, he shared the video this morning of a white guy demonstrating what i explained above. you can use the link below mr. miserable

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw7gQ2gAgHV/

How can you be reasoning with a guy with such moniker.
Re: Zainab Aliyu: Shehu Sani Advises Air Travellers What To Do by delpee(f): 10:53pm On May 02, 2019
awumen:
Use that airport tape and cellotape your bag completely leaving only the handle,have done this for years

I've seen heavily cellotaped (bandaged more like) bags at airports and always wondered why. Now I understand. The best way forward.
Re: Zainab Aliyu: Shehu Sani Advises Air Travellers What To Do by aariwa(m): 12:01am On May 03, 2019
Amitez:
The questions noone is answering is HOW WAS THE CARTEL PLANNING TO RETRIEVE THOSE DRUGS FROM ZAINAB
For me oo; there is no cartel. The government just used that as a scheme to save a Nigerian drug trader. Fear North, especially under APC. Lies are their second name. Saudi Arabia should take note.
Exactly. If they are telling the truth ,they should have gone to Saudi to point out their accomplices and also make the same confessional statement there
Re: Zainab Aliyu: Shehu Sani Advises Air Travellers What To Do by aariwa(m): 12:05am On May 03, 2019
klas:

Many things could have happened

1. The retriever failed to show up

2. Their informant alerted them that the bag had been marked for monitoring, hence, they aborted the mission

3. The retriever (if an insider) got posted to another section at last moment

Come to think of it, why should Zainab too leave the bag if it belonged to her? Afterall, for them to have successfully entered the country, meant they already cleared the customs and drug agency screening.
The NDLEA guys confessed.Why is the government hesitant about extraditing them to Saudi to narrate the same confession to their authorities
Re: Zainab Aliyu: Shehu Sani Advises Air Travellers What To Do by klas(m): 8:59am On May 03, 2019
aariwa:
The NDLEA guys confessed.Why is the government hesitant about extraditing them to Saudi to narrate the same confession to their authorities

First, Saudi never charged Zainab to court. She was only detained since December 2018. That might be because there was no watertight case against her given that the bag was not in her possession in the hotel but abandoned at the airport and purportedly tagged in her name.

Secondly, the offence allegedly committed by the NDLEA guys was committed on Nigerian soil within the jurisdiction of the Nigerian authorities. They should not be tried for such offence outside Nigeria because they are not her accomplices. It is the duty of the Nigeria as a sovereign nation to try them. If the case of Zainab had gone to court in Saudi Arabia, her lawyers can use the Nigerian court conviction to plead for her.
Re: Zainab Aliyu: Shehu Sani Advises Air Travellers What To Do by klas(m): 9:08am On May 03, 2019
delpee:

I've seen heavily cellotaped (bandaged more like) bags at airports and always wondered why. Now I understand. The best way forward.

This will work where the criminals intends to plant the contraband in traveller’s own baggage.
How will it work where they put the contraband in their own bag but tag it in the traveller’s name? The traveller is not aware of the existence of the extra bag in his/her name and will not claim it at the destination but their accomplices will.
Re: Zainab Aliyu: Shehu Sani Advises Air Travellers What To Do by Nobody: 11:40am On May 03, 2019
My question is :
Where did the cartels found her name from?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Drags Amaechi To EFCC / Installing Twitter Seditious Under Penal Code Of Northern Nigeria - AGF Malami / Fact Check On Peter Obi During Town Hall Session With Kadaria - TheCable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.