Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,480 members, 7,830,419 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

Minimum Wage: Don’t Twist My Comments, Makinde Warns APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minimum Wage: Don’t Twist My Comments, Makinde Warns APC (1465 Views)

2023: Don’t Die Because Of Any Politician – Makinde Warns Nigerians / Don’t Twist Kukah’s Christmas Message, CAN Warns / Don’t Twist My Comments On New Minimum Wage, Makinde Warns APC(video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Minimum Wage: Don’t Twist My Comments, Makinde Warns APC by engineerboat(m): 4:57pm On May 02, 2019
The governor-elect of Oyo State, Engineer Seyi Makinde on Wednesday warned the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the state against twisting his interview with newsmen in Abuja on the N30,000 minimum wage implementation.

In a statement issued by his spokesman, Prince Dotun Oyelade Thursday and made available to newsmen in Ibadan, Makinde maintained that it “will be futile for the opposition to attempt to twist the implications and meaning of the interview I granted in Abuja as it will amount to selective understanding.”

The governor-elect stressed that what he said was that states, as independent federating units should have been allowed to determine the minimum wages of their individual states.

He emphasised that as regards Oyo State, “a committee will begin discussions with the leadership of the NLC from the first week in June 2019 to determine the extent to which government can implement not only the minimum wage, but indeed provide buffers for the workers to live decently.”

Makinde reiterated his promise that his administration will be workers friendly on assumption of office on May 29, 2019.

https://www.blueprint.ng/minimum-wage-dont-twist-my-comments-makinde-warns-apc/
Re: Minimum Wage: Don’t Twist My Comments, Makinde Warns APC by amaniro: 5:07pm On May 02, 2019
Don't mind them..... That's what they good at.
Re: Minimum Wage: Don’t Twist My Comments, Makinde Warns APC by engineerboat(m): 5:27pm On May 02, 2019
Lucky0266:
Read below it

who is this fraudster
Re: Minimum Wage: Don’t Twist My Comments, Makinde Warns APC by fyneguy: 5:31pm On May 02, 2019
[quote author=amaniro post=78048071] Don't mind them..... That's what they good at. [/quot

there is no way he can pay! at 18k minimum wage, the wage bill is N5.1B monthly while revenue is less than N4B
Re: Minimum Wage: Don’t Twist My Comments, Makinde Warns APC by seunmsg(m): 5:48pm On May 02, 2019
Other than blame the opposition, he didn’t bother to deny the report. He even reiterated his call on the Federal government to allow states to fix minimum wage. Someone should please explain to this newebee that the 30k national minimum wage is just the minimum any employer of labour can pay per month. States and other employers are at liberty to pay more than the 30k.

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Don’t Twist My Comments, Makinde Warns APC by bkool7(m): 6:24pm On May 02, 2019
Tell us plain colour whether you're gonna pay or not.
Re: Minimum Wage: Don’t Twist My Comments, Makinde Warns APC by TANTUMERGO007(m): 6:28pm On May 02, 2019
seunmsg:
Other than blame the opposition, he didn’t bother to deny the report. He even reiterated his call on the Federal government to allow states to fix minimum wage. Someone should please explain to this newebee that the 30k national minimum wage is just the minimum any employer of labour can pay per month. States and other employers are at liberty to pay more than the 30k.
See this opposition for Oyo state, you go cry for Oyo for four years.

Atiku is coming
Re: Minimum Wage: Don’t Twist My Comments, Makinde Warns APC by topstone4: 8:29am On May 04, 2019
Nigerian workers will regret this minimum wage increment rubbish. First off, the 30k minimum wage has less value than the 18k minimum wage institutes by the PDP. Naira is falling in value heavily; you can't do with 1000 naira today what you could do with 1000 naira before.

Secondly, prices of commodity are rising and will soon wise higher. At the end of the day, the minimum wage will become as useless as you can ever imagine. Then NLC will go back to square one, asking for increased minimum wage that will further impoverish her members

I think NLC should focus on holding the government accountable and should become more of an activism organization than anything else. NLC should go back to the days of Adams Oshiomole. If not, they will be moving in a vicious cycle.

(1) (Reply)

Sen. Akpabio: Is Amaechi The Chief Of Army Staff? / Fulani Herdsmen are different from Fulani Bandits / Herdsmen Have Declared War Against Yoruba. Yoruba Elders Cry Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.