Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,618 members, 7,813,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:24 AM

American Universities Condone And Accept Cheating? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / American Universities Condone And Accept Cheating? (513 Views)

American Universities Now Rejecting Applications From Nigeria / Young Lady Gets Admissions into 50 American Universities (Photo) / Top 10 Usa/american Universities For International Scholarships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

American Universities Condone And Accept Cheating? by chineji(m): 9:02pm On May 02, 2019
I was on reddit today and I saw a thread about cheating in American universities. It was shocking to say the least. Comments from ex and present students affirmed this to be true. The culprits are mostly rich Chinese and Saudi kids. They cheat on the SATs, GRE, GMAT, TOEFL and absolutely nothing is done about it. Funny enough the schools are aware of this but turn a blind eye (they get a lot of money from foreign students).

I still find this very shocking to believe as I have always viewed the west as a meritocratic driven society but so far it appears you can pretty much buy your way with money. If there are Nigerians who schooled abroad and experienced these things, they are welcome to talk about it.

This is a link to the Reddit thread

https://www.reddit.com/r/news/comments/bjtuq3/a_chinese_cheating_ring_at_ucla_reveals_an/

Pictures of some shocking comments from the thread. PS this wouldn't even be allowed at the University I graduated from.

1 Like

Re: American Universities Condone And Accept Cheating? by chineji(m): 9:04pm On May 02, 2019
It's also weird that many Nigerians kill themselves to study and pass this exams whereas others are buying in their way with money and this are high end schools. They are getting posh big name degrees which would lead to quality jobs and eventually a citizenship something a lot of Nigerians seriously crave at the moment. The whole world is just one big pay to win scam.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

...... / Second Degree In Nigeria / 65k For Aceeptance Fee At Uniben. Is it not too much?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.