Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,125 members, 7,829,000 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

The New Tin Can Trailer Park, Apapa, Lagos (Photos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The New Tin Can Trailer Park, Apapa, Lagos (Photos) (30069 Views)

American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) / See The Environment At Tin Can Island Port (PHOTOS) / Fallen Container Destroys Several Cars Along Tin Can Island Port In Apapa(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The New Tin Can Trailer Park, Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by rhythyson: 2:35pm On May 03, 2019
SoftP:
The same reason why i can't base in Lagos....

Too lousy, noisy and everyone seems to be in haste.

Even their so called godfathers are more like touts
Who beg you?

Re: The New Tin Can Trailer Park, Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by Lotel: 2:35pm On May 03, 2019
almarthins:

grin They need ur donation
LOL they should go and meet Buhari, he's with our donation
Re: The New Tin Can Trailer Park, Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by ZACHIE: 2:35pm On May 03, 2019
Government at sleep.

That space has been there for more than 7 years and still remains uncompleted.Useless bunch of leaders and followers
Re: The New Tin Can Trailer Park, Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by Onigbindemmd: 2:41pm On May 03, 2019
AUTOJOSH1:
This is the new Tin Can Trailer park.

It is located at the second gate of Tin-can Island port in Apapa, Lagos.

The park is expected to ease traffic gridlock in Apapa port access roads.

It is also expected to enhance port operations at the Tin Can port.

The facilities at the trailer park include toilets and bathrooms, police post, ticketing section and boreholes to make the park comfortable for use.

As at 2017, it was announced that the park is capable of holding 340 trucks at a time. However, recent information being circulated is that the park has the capacity to accommodate 700 trucks per time.

We are unsure of how the capacity of the park was increased; being that the location of the park is on a limited space bordered by the shoreline.

After several delays, the construction of the trailer park project is currently at its completion stage.

The trailer park is expected to be inaugurated any time soon.

The idea of the Tin Can truck park was conceived and started by the administration of President Goodluck Jonathan.

See more photos HERE

Source: https://autojosh.com/parked-trucks-on-expressways-see-the-location-where-they-will-be-located-to/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9302383_autojoshsmalllogo_jpegb5564c09944ea009fa31f3b901eefac3

Autojosh are u a car dealer
Re: The New Tin Can Trailer Park, Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by Zeronic25(m): 2:46pm On May 03, 2019
this is actually a scarm, all the truck wont fit in that space, even if they agree to park in.
Re: The New Tin Can Trailer Park, Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 2:48pm On May 03, 2019
SEGLIZ:
would that space hold them off our roads?
good policies to make the port functional is all that is needed.
this will do but if the bottle neck at the port is not removed for importers to carry out clearance of imported materials that project is as good as useless.
The idea, I guess. is to hold them off the roads.

Good policies to make the port functional is another case.

The idea, again. is to ease traffic congestions on the roads. The bottle neck at the port is another case.
This will do. according to you. grin it can not at the same time be useless. Atleast the space will hold them off the roads. Until whatever time Goods are cleared. which ussually takes forever, Atleast the trucks are not parked on the roads while they are waiting for goods clearance.
Re: The New Tin Can Trailer Park, Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 2:49pm On May 03, 2019
Zeronic25:
this is actually a scarm, all the truck wont fit in that space, even if they agree to park in.
So it would be better to park them on the roads rather?
Re: The New Tin Can Trailer Park, Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 2:55pm On May 03, 2019
This small place? Lmao.
Re: The New Tin Can Trailer Park, Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by AK481(m): 2:55pm On May 03, 2019
AUTOJOSH1:
This is the new Tin Can Trailer park.

It is located at the second gate of Tin-can Island port in Apapa, Lagos.

The park is expected to ease traffic gridlock in Apapa port access roads.

It is also expected to enhance port operations at the Tin Can port.

The facilities at the trailer park include toilets and bathrooms, police post, ticketing section and boreholes to make the park comfortable for use.

As at 2017, it was announced that the park is capable of holding 340 trucks at a time. However, recent information being circulated is that the park has the capacity to accommodate 700 trucks per time.

We are unsure of how the capacity of the park was increased; being that the location of the park is on a limited space bordered by the shoreline.

After several delays, the construction of the trailer park project is currently at its completion stage.

The trailer park is expected to be inaugurated any time soon.

The idea of the Tin Can truck park was conceived and started by the administration of President Goodluck Jonathan.

See more photos HERE

Source: https://autojosh.com/parked-trucks-on-expressways-see-the-location-where-they-will-be-located-to/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9302383_autojoshsmalllogo_jpegb5564c09944ea009fa31f3b901eefac3

GEJ have almost completed it with mike onoleman as works minister..
I remember
Re: The New Tin Can Trailer Park, Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 3:02pm On May 03, 2019
Good idea, that area will began to develop, with Criminals and prostitutes. And House rent prices and lands will increase.

Does anyone know how much it costs to Accquire a plot of land in that area at the moment?
Re: The New Tin Can Trailer Park, Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by tomdon(m): 3:17pm On May 03, 2019
MadCow1:
That space cant contain 1/4 of the trucks parked on the roads and bridges in Apapa and Surulere..

It's not the Governments job to provide parks for those Trucks. Every Truck Owner should have a yard from where the Truck should proceed to the loading area on an appointed date to load. Or provide a Park outside Lagos and coordinate them from there.

Lol. Shey na you go buy the 100k diesel needed to travel to and fro the park outside Lagos to the port for them?
Appointed date Abi, everyday na appointed date then, or won't you like to load everyday and make money daily or who is supposed to call you on the appointed date to go to the market square and sell?
Re: The New Tin Can Trailer Park, Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by vaxx2: 3:17pm On May 03, 2019
NIGERIA (lagos state) needs at least a space that can contain at least 3000 trailers to ease traffic on that lagos- apapa traffic. 700 or 330 shows the Goverment are not serious.
Re: The New Tin Can Trailer Park, Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by Octopusssy(f): 3:17pm On May 03, 2019
Too small. Way too small.
Re: The New Tin Can Trailer Park, Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by Revolva(m): 3:28pm On May 03, 2019
So since 2016 I remember when it was startd during GEJ this park na this year dem open am

Nonsense d park will only easy a small part of the problem
Re: The New Tin Can Trailer Park, Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by Revolva(m): 3:29pm On May 03, 2019
SoftP:

So many opportunities here ok who cares if you can't stay here

Apart from lagos pH abuja Kano d rest part of naija de learn work
Re: The New Tin Can Trailer Park, Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by ezugegere(m): 3:39pm On May 03, 2019
aparo:

Conceived by Jonathan Administration. When would you get tired of this your hero's conceptions? All he did was conceive ideas, and the sensible government is birthing this conception. Rubbish! Conceived my black ass

Sense de pain u! As at 2014, that park was already almost completed. It was the link bridge being constructed by one unserious company that held it down till this moment.
Re: The New Tin Can Trailer Park, Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by SEGLIZ: 3:52pm On May 03, 2019
gypsey:
The idea, I guess. is to hold them off the roads.

Good policies to make the port functional is another case.

The idea, again. is to ease traffic congestions on the roads. The bottle neck at the port is another case.
This will do. according to you. grin it can not at the same time be useless. Atleast the space will hold them off the roads. Atleast the trucks are not parked on the roads while they are waiting for goods clearance.

Choi!? e be like your bad mouth wan pass my own o. "Until whatever time Goods are cleared. which ussually takes forever,"
on a serious note I do get your point but fear is would that space hold them all? we are here talking hundreds of trucks and trailers.
also the adamant nature of our people (those drivers this time), sure not another workshop created and established for our security agencies cos you rather see some drivers willing to pay to remain on the road likewise agency men ready to collect to protect them.
I believe and see it working. even I'm a realist, I'm not a pessimist.
Re: The New Tin Can Trailer Park, Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by Frezhkid10(m): 3:57pm On May 03, 2019
SarkinYarki:
instead of opening up and encouraging the use of other ports the typical Nigerian solution is to build trailer park for the trucks and extort them ..I am sorry this solution will not work .the sl
..As importers no wan use other ports nko??...should they drag them by the ear to the other ports??
Re: The New Tin Can Trailer Park, Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 4:05pm On May 03, 2019
SEGLIZ:

Choi!? e be like your bad mouth wan pass my own o. "Until whatever time Goods are cleared. which ussually takes forever,"
on a serious note I do get your point but fear is would that space hold them all? we are here talking hundreds of trucks and trailers.
also the adamant nature of our people (those drivers this time), sure not another workshop created and established for our security agencies cos you rather see some drivers willing to pay to remain on the road likewise agency men ready to collect to protect them.
I believe and see it working. even I'm a realist, I'm not a pessimist.
grin Yes, it felt like Forever, And the extortionate clearing fees are also Appauling. It happened to me.

You are right, The corrupt atitude of the security Agencies doesn't also help either but atleast that space would hold the Vehicles who would want to park there.

1 Like

Re: The New Tin Can Trailer Park, Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by luluman: 4:06pm On May 03, 2019
SoftP:
Please share your views with yeeebos so that they can also stay away.
Re: The New Tin Can Trailer Park, Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by Martin0(m): 4:10pm On May 03, 2019
gypsey:
grin Yes, it felt like Forever, And the extortionate clearing fees is also Appauling. It happened to me.

You are right, The corrupt atitude of the security Agencies doesn't also help either but atleast that space would hold the Vehicles who would want to park there.

business don increase for this area ooogrin land go increase ooogrin

1 Like

Re: The New Tin Can Trailer Park, Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by badesco(m): 4:19pm On May 03, 2019
Yet to some slowpoke's, Gej has done nothing good. God bless Gej wherever he is.
Re: The New Tin Can Trailer Park, Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by Jabioro: 5:05pm On May 03, 2019
The park had no accessible road..abi from mile2 to Tin can lsland dem go fly? Abi na frow wharf dem go take off?
Re: The New Tin Can Trailer Park, Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by MadCow1: 5:47pm On May 03, 2019
tomdon:

Lol. Shey na you go buy the 100k diesel needed to travel to and fro the park outside Lagos to the port for them?
Appointed date Abi, everyday na appointed date then, or won't you like to load everyday and make money daily or who is supposed to call you on the appointed date to go to the market square and sell?

Most trucks on the road are Tankers.. If your loading manifest hasn't come out, remain at the base..

Private individuals can open truck parks and charge the drivers for parking there. But it's not the governments responsibility to provide truck parks for trailers which are private businesses.

Your truck can be parked at a yard and the owner/driver can hang around the ports and solicit business.

The Nigerian trucking logistics industry is not the largest in the world so why cant we regulate them properly?
Re: The New Tin Can Trailer Park, Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by jaxxy(m): 5:55pm On May 03, 2019
That place has been under construction since 2008. Then also I heard many of the truckers don’t want to park there cos it’s not a free park.
Re: The New Tin Can Trailer Park, Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by tomdon(m): 6:28pm On May 03, 2019
MadCow1:

Most trucks on the road are Tankers.. If your loading manifest hasn't come out, remain at the base..

Private individuals can open truck parks and charge the drivers for parking there. But it's not the governments responsibility to provide truck parks for trailers which are private businesses.

Your truck can be parked at a yard and the owner/driver can hang around the ports and solicit business.

The Nigerian trucking logistics industry is not the largest in the world so why cant we regulate them properly?

Surely they should be regulated properly cos what we presently have is disheartening to say the least.
That system can work well and is being employed to some extent by the tankers.
But for the containers, what can work is to have a more efficient operations services in the ports cos the Apapa and tincan ports are already congested and very unorganized. Efficient operations will lessen the turn around time and also curb the underhand practices by everyone involved in the process.
Also regulating the number of trucks getting access to the port at every instance is key. Of course every truck likes to go and drop the containers at the port as fast as possible but they should be made to park In a garage until appropriate clearance is obtained from the ports. No truck will be seen parked incessantly on the roads causing gridlock. That's what the navy were brought there to promulgate but they ended up constituting themselves into lords and terrorists cos they possess arms, they chose to become thieves that heavily tax the truck in order to grant the trucks access to the ports.
Re: The New Tin Can Trailer Park, Apapa, Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 8:06pm On May 03, 2019
Martin0:

business don increase for this area ooogrin land go increase ooogrin
true talk.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

China Launches World's First Trackless And Virtual Lines Trains / The 10 Greatest Commercial Passenger Aircrafts( Planes) Of All Time / TMTN Visit To OLUMO ROCK Abeokuta, See Full History,new Pictures And Video.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.