Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,981 members, 7,825,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

“give Them Sam Loco Efe Back, Take President Buhari” – Joyner Lucas - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “give Them Sam Loco Efe Back, Take President Buhari” – Joyner Lucas (537 Views)

Nobody Should Take President Buhari Serious / Sam Loco Efe's Son Remembers Him 9 Years After His Death / Obaseki Appoints Stewart Efe As New Communication Commissioner (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

“give Them Sam Loco Efe Back, Take President Buhari” – Joyner Lucas by payges: 11:01am On May 03, 2019
OS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA- US rapper Joyner Lucas has today dropped a fire new single that has taken the internet by storm. The single titled "Devil's Work" is loaded with lyrics from Joyner questioning God's love to to asking God to exchange dead people for the living.
One of the lyrics that struck a chord with his Nigerian fans was when he said "dear God Give them Sam Loco back, take Buhari" in the same breath as he said "give us malcom x back and take r-kelly".

As expected, these lyrics have not sat well with the Presidency of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. President Buhari, who is currently in London to pick up his inauguration outfit from his tailor, has said he considers the lyrics to be a threat, one he will be taking seriously.
Newsjunk caught up with Lucas this morning in L.A to better understand why he spoke about the Nigerian president in his song, seeing as he is neither Nigerian or has family residing in Nigeria.
He said, "I've got Nigerian brothers here in the states and all they do is complain about the country bro. And yeah growing up I used to watch a lot sam loco movies haha that nigga was funny as f***. he made everyone laugh. My moms used to love that dude bro. She actually shed tears when he died."
"Yeah I got a lil' (sic) African heritage" he added. "And I was on ancestry.com like last week, guess what? Nigerian heritage baby. So of course they pain is my pain".

Before we could ask him which jollof was better between Nigerian and Ghanaian his bodyguards surrounded him, cutting the interview short...https://www.newsjunk.com.ng/give-them-sam-loco-efe-back-take-president-buhari-joyner-lucas-in-devils-work/
Re: “give Them Sam Loco Efe Back, Take President Buhari” – Joyner Lucas by Nbote(m): 11:09am On May 03, 2019
Lolzzz.. Dis newsjunk guy no well... Aswear Nigerians would gladly exchange Sam Loco for Buhari

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

UN Appoints Emir Of Kano Sanusi II Sdgs Advocate / See The Whopping Amount Buhari And Osibanjo's Aides Made In 4yrs / Happening Now: Aac Nec Names Dr. Leonard Nzenwa As Acting National Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.