Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,053 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

Stop The Fear And Killing Of Cats....here's Why - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Stop The Fear And Killing Of Cats....here's Why (691 Views)

Yahoo Plus And Ritual Money Doesn't Exist, Stop The Unnecessary Killings / 8 South African Policemen Arrested For Torturing And Killing Of Nigerian Man / Cultists Arrested In Their Hideout After Killing Of 10 Persons In Anambra. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop The Fear And Killing Of Cats....here's Why by MisterKings(m): 1:12pm On May 03, 2019
I just saw a post about hiw a guy killed a cat in his house and felt I should write this post.

I truly do not know why the fear of cat in Nigeria is so high. I agree winshes dey use am that year, but has it ever occurred to you that cats are beautiful pets and are even a lot more cuter and intelligent than dogs?

I used to feel this way about cats till I went to the house of Reekado banks, sometime in 2015 for an interview with a friend. And they had this cat they called gallant or something. It was just running round the house meekly. I was scared at first but then I figured this is actually a lovely pet.

The cat apparently belonged to his brother who was his then manager (I dont know about now) and he told me how really cool cats act even far better than dogs. Abeg we need to erase this ideology of every cat being a winsh. If I be winsh, why would I turn to cat? Because I know that the default instinct of any Nigerian is to kill a cat. So I go change style into something or "someone" you dont suspect e.g your pastor tongue.

If you watch cat videos online, you will love them.

Re: Stop The Fear And Killing Of Cats....here's Why by dometome: 1:18pm On May 03, 2019
MisterKings:
I truly do not know why the fear of cat in Nigeria is so high. I agree winshes dey use am that year, but has it ever occurred to you that cats are beautiful pets and are even a lot more cuter and intelligent than dogs?

I used to feel this way about cats till I went to the house of Reekado banks, sometime in 2015 for an interview with a friend. And they had this cat they called gallant or something. It was just running round the house meekly. I was scared at first but then I figured this is actually a lovely pet.

The cat apparently belonged to his brother who was his then manager (I dont know about now) and he told me how really cool cats act even far better than dogs. Abeg we need to erase this ideology of every cat being a winsh. If I be winsh, why would I turn to cat? Because I know that the default instinct of any Nigerian is to kill a cat. So I go change style into something or "someone" you dont suspect e.g your pastor tongue.

If you watch cat videos online, you will love them.
I love cats too, but they are not more intelligent than dogs.
Re: Stop The Fear And Killing Of Cats....here's Why by troublemakea(m): 1:21pm On May 03, 2019
Even in American movies atimes evils are perpetuated with cats

It's speaks more about cat in person
Re: Stop The Fear And Killing Of Cats....here's Why by MisterKings(m): 1:25pm On May 03, 2019
dometome:
I love cats too, but they are not more intelligent than dogs.

To some extent I might agree, but they have a lot more class. I hear they have better "pooing" manners, that alone is an intelligent trait for an animal
Re: Stop The Fear And Killing Of Cats....here's Why by Tallesty1(m): 1:26pm On May 03, 2019
Cats have trust issues and it shows in the way they look at people. Just look at the one in the picture you uploaded, that one is looking at you like "you sure this guy no be rat?

1 Like

Re: Stop The Fear And Killing Of Cats....here's Why by MisterKings(m): 1:28pm On May 03, 2019
troublemakea:
Even in American movies atimes evils are perpetuated with cats

It's speaks more about cat in person

Name one please. Cos its only in Nigerian movies Nneka the beauty serpent I have seen cat being portrayed as evil. Its just gross misconception especially in the movie industry. Like how people think the 5 pointed star means devil worship
Re: Stop The Fear And Killing Of Cats....here's Why by MisterKings(m): 1:29pm On May 03, 2019
Tallesty1:
Cats have trust issues and it shows in the way they look at people. Just look at the one in the picture you uploaded, that one is looking at you like "you sure his guy no be rat?

grin grin grin grin They are meek in nature
Re: Stop The Fear And Killing Of Cats....here's Why by MistadeRegal(m): 1:41pm On May 03, 2019
OK. Your experience though. But when you see a real possessed black cat, you will come back and edit your post here to, "Kill every cats you see around you!"
Re: Stop The Fear And Killing Of Cats....here's Why by loomer: 2:00pm On May 03, 2019
MisterKings:

To some extent I might agree, but they have a lot more class. I hear they have better "pooing" manners, that alone is an intelligent trait for an animal

Cats get which class? Cats wey no dey loyal. Chop everywhere them go
Re: Stop The Fear And Killing Of Cats....here's Why by aanuoluwami14(f): 2:43pm On May 03, 2019
E n le o eyin iya mi cheesy thank God no cat around me, na kill I go kill am, mi o raye oshi
Re: Stop The Fear And Killing Of Cats....here's Why by oteneaaron(m): 2:51pm On May 03, 2019
Cats are very cute and adorable animals.

Do I love cats?

Maybe I do. undecided

It's even a cheaper way to get rid of those rats disturbing you.

One cute and cuddly cat will save you money. . .

Money you would have spent on buying rat poison. grin

Use ya head.

1 Like

Re: Stop The Fear And Killing Of Cats....here's Why by MisterKings(m): 3:11pm On May 03, 2019
oteneaaron:
Cats are very cute and adorable animals.

Do I love cats?

Maybe I do. undecided

It's even a cheaper way to get rid of those rats disturbing you.

One cute and cuddly cat will save you money. . .

Money you would have spent on buying rat poison. grin

Use ya head.

Please tell them especially this man

MistadeRegal:
OK. Your experience though. But when you see a real possessed black cat, you will come back and edit your post here to, "Kill every cats you see around you!"
Re: Stop The Fear And Killing Of Cats....here's Why by MisterKings(m): 3:19pm On May 03, 2019
SEE TOP 5 REASONS TO OWN A CAT

1. Cats can bathe themselves
Cats are clean pretty much 100 percent of the time. That means you never have to take the time out of your day to perform the somewhat painstaking task of washing and grooming your cat.

2. Cats will keep your house and yard rodent-free
If you are not a fan of rats, chipmunk, voles or mice in your home, owning a cat will take care of that right away. Your cat may even bring you its prize to make you proud!

3. Cats are low-maintenance and independent
If you think you do not have the time or energy to own a pet, then a cat could be perfect for you. Taking care of a cat requires less responsibility than some other animals. Those who have full-time jobs can rest easy, knowing that their kitty can take care of itself for the most part. And when you do have extra time, cuddling up with your cat will feel better than ever.

4. Cats are an eco-friendly pet choice
Living a “green” lifestyle can be difficult, but a cat is a great choice for potential pet owners looking to stay eco-friendly. Studies show that the lifetime resources needed to feed and care for a cat have a smaller carbon footprint than for other animals. Plus, most cats prefer fish to beef or corn, which is better for the environment. You can feel good about owning your kitty.

5. Cats can help reduce stress
We all get stressed out, and people have many different ways of relieving their stress. Cat owners can reduce tensions by just stroking their furry friend’s head. Petting a cat releases endorphins into the brain, which makes you happier. Also, cats have the softest fur!

Re: Stop The Fear And Killing Of Cats....here's Why by ultimatekint(m): 3:20pm On May 03, 2019
Cat is a delicious meal with gari-Ijebu.
Re: Stop The Fear And Killing Of Cats....here's Why by dometome: 3:29pm On May 03, 2019
MisterKings:

story
Re: Stop The Fear And Killing Of Cats....here's Why by MisterKings(m): 3:30pm On May 03, 2019
ultimatekint:
Cat is a delicious meal with gari-Ijebu.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Stop The Fear And Killing Of Cats....here's Why by Nobody: 12:06am On May 04, 2019
But I heared cats can give serious incurable cough to humans when u eat something they put their mouth in.. I don't know how true this is

(1) (Reply)

At Last: A Video Of A Herdsman Bleeping A Cow In The Bush / How To Stop Smoking For Real / Rape!!!!;two Neighbours Impregnate A Woman With Mental Illness In Katsina State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.