Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,368 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Rivers State Interest Free Loans Disbursement Begins - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers State Interest Free Loans Disbursement Begins (9406 Views)

Cbn’s N50bn COVID-19 Fund Disbursement Begins Thursday / Cbn’s N50bn COVID-19 Fund Disbursement Begins Thursday / Trader Moni: Two Million Nigerians To Get Collateral Free Loans In Buhari's Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers State Interest Free Loans Disbursement Begins by musictori: 1:48pm On May 03, 2019
In line with the pledge of Governor Nyesom Ezenwo Wike, the Rivers State Government has commenced the disbursement of interest free loans to traders and entrepreneurs.

The State Government also announced that it will prosecute those indicted by the Judicial Commission of Inquiry that investigated the management of funds of the Integrated Medical Industries (IMI) Limited.

The resolutions of the Rivers State Government were made public by the State Commissioner of Information and Communications, Emma Okah, the State Attorney General, Dr Zaccheus Adango and Special Adviser to the Rivers State Governor on Politics and Strategy, Chief Emeh Glory Emeh on Thursday after the State Executive Council meeting at the Government House Port Harcourt.

Okah said that the State Government has also disbursed interest free loans to civil servants under the first phase of the programme.

He said that empowerment programme will run on a monthly basis for civil servants in the state.

Also speaking, Special Adviser to the Rivers State Governor on Politics and Strategy, Chief Emeh Glory Emeh said that the interest free loans for entrepreneurs and traders have been disbursed for 12 Local Government Areas.

He said that under the second phase of the exercise, 11 Local Government Areas will benefit from the scheme.

Emeh said that 600 traders and entrepreneurs have benefited from the empowerment scheme, while N200MILLION shall be disbursed monthly.

He added the list of all beneficiaries will be published for Rivers people to know the beneficiaries.

On IMI Limited, Attorney-General of Rivers State, Dr Zaccheus Adango said that N34.5b invested by the Rivers State Government in the company was squandered.

He noted that those indicted by the Justice Constance Green Judicial Commission of Inquiry on the embezzlement of the IMI funds will face the full weight of the law.

He said: "The Honourable Attorney General has been mandated to pursue the criminal prosecution of Mr M. Nwokoma, who was the Project Manager of IMI, Dr Chamberlain Peterside and Dr Samson Parker.

"Once the White Paper is published, the Honourable Attorney General will commence the prosecution ".

Simeon Nwakaudu,

Special Assistant to the Rivers State Governor, Electronic Media.

Source: https://www.musictori.com/2019/05/rivers-state-government-commences.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers State Interest Free Loans Disbursement Begins by Pabloosas(m): 4:46pm On May 03, 2019
grin

See those guys fighting for FTC down there tongue
Re: Rivers State Interest Free Loans Disbursement Begins by Nobody: 4:46pm On May 03, 2019
I'm not clapping

This is just like TraderMoni and many other projects by state governors both past and present.

The money would be taken, and the loans won't be paid.

A better idea would be the state running an investment fund for the benefit of its people.

7 Likes

Re: Rivers State Interest Free Loans Disbursement Begins by EmmaOgbu(m): 4:47pm On May 03, 2019
That is a good one.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Interest Free Loans Disbursement Begins by jenifer9999: 4:47pm On May 03, 2019
WHAT YOU GET FOR YOUR E COMMERCE WEBSITE DEVELOPMENT WITH US

- BEAUTIFUL WEBSITE AESTHETIC AND FUNCTIONALITIES – THAT CAN COMPETE WITH TOP SITES
- BUSINESS BRAND LOGO DESIGN (A MUST FOR YOUR BUSINESS)
- UP TO 5 BANNER DESIGNS FOR YOUR ONLINE MARKETING ADS FOR FREE
- PAYMENT GATEWAY INTEGRATION
- LIVE CHAT (make it easy to connect with customers enquiries on the go)
- FREE TRAINING ON HOW TO UPLOAD, EDIT AND REMOVE PRODUCT IMAGES OR PRICES FREE

Re: Rivers State Interest Free Loans Disbursement Begins by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:50pm On May 03, 2019
giving free loans just burdens the tax payer and puts a debt-ridden economy in further debt. People need to be enskilled to work , not handed out freebies which they will default and never repay.

It looks very attractive on the outside but in the long - run it will just kill the economy. Especially consider more than half of those businessmen and traders will indulge in malpractices or business failures.

6 Likes

Re: Rivers State Interest Free Loans Disbursement Begins by Nobody: 4:50pm On May 03, 2019
tactius:
I'm not clapping

This is just like TraderMoni and many other projects by state governors both past and present.

The money would be taken, and the loans won't be paid.

A better idea would be the state running an investment fund for the benefit of its people.
At least he did it after election not like apc scam trader moni

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers State Interest Free Loans Disbursement Begins by LamidicownuBSS: 4:50pm On May 03, 2019
FTC
Re: Rivers State Interest Free Loans Disbursement Begins by Nobody: 4:50pm On May 03, 2019
I need this.
Re: Rivers State Interest Free Loans Disbursement Begins by LamidicownuBSS: 4:50pm On May 03, 2019
ftc
Re: Rivers State Interest Free Loans Disbursement Begins by legitsucccess: 4:50pm On May 03, 2019
WIKE MY MAN

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers State Interest Free Loans Disbursement Begins by Repentoday: 4:51pm On May 03, 2019
How much is the loan per person?
Re: Rivers State Interest Free Loans Disbursement Begins by Premiumwriter: 4:51pm On May 03, 2019
More like money sharing.
Give us steady power supply. That's all we are asking for

4 Likes

Re: Rivers State Interest Free Loans Disbursement Begins by abc115: 4:51pm On May 03, 2019
Condemn FG Initiatives
Commend PDP Copy Copy

Hypocrites

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Interest Free Loans Disbursement Begins by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:02pm On May 03, 2019
Good development.

God bless Rivers State.
God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Interest Free Loans Disbursement Begins by donmekins(m): 5:05pm On May 03, 2019
I wish if somebody will help me pay my school fee so that I can go for NYSC this coming batch...Please I really need help...I will provide all information needed... 08175172937 I am a guy...I will forever be greatful for any help...Help me my good people... Save me... It is not a scam I am real...

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Interest Free Loans Disbursement Begins by dheaven: 5:07pm On May 03, 2019
Nice one
Re: Rivers State Interest Free Loans Disbursement Begins by seunlayi(m): 5:09pm On May 03, 2019
This is good. Govt can also begin something like paylater branch etc with minimal interest to support those who realy need the money
Re: Rivers State Interest Free Loans Disbursement Begins by Liveair: 5:19pm On May 03, 2019
Ask those in Rivers state, they'll tell you to call your cult boys to order first and end the chaos and killings in Rivers state - that's what they need, not loans.

A violent Government of cultists can only lead a state in that direction.
You can't give what you don't have.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Interest Free Loans Disbursement Begins by bangbangall: 5:21pm On May 03, 2019
Unlike vote buying tradmoni.
APC represents hell fire

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers State Interest Free Loans Disbursement Begins by naijajobx: 5:22pm On May 03, 2019
Good

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Interest Free Loans Disbursement Begins by godlyguy(m): 6:20pm On May 03, 2019
Re: Rivers State Interest Free Loans Disbursement Begins by cana882(m): 7:00pm On May 03, 2019
bangbangall:
Unlike vote buying tradmoni.

APC represents hell fire
you go die untop wailing oh.. At least you won't die of hunger cause VP Osibanjo visited onitsha today to give you and your people same vote buying tradermoni after election. Be grateful oh grin

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Interest Free Loans Disbursement Begins by gsm88: 7:20pm On May 03, 2019
free loan to who? hw much are they giving? no body should take wike serious until you see some one that have received it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet The Nigerian Man Who Drove A Peugeot 504 From London To Kano In 24 Days / FEC Approves ₦92.1bn For Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport Second Runway / Fuel Queues Persist In Abuja, Black Marketers Sell For ₦300/Litre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.