Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,777 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars - Autos (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars (1168338 Views)

SOLD.....Registered Toyota Corolla - 2004 @ N1,200,000.00 / Registered Toyota Camry - 2005 @ N1,200,000.00 / SOLD.....Clean Registered Infiniti FX35 - 2007 @ N1.200,000.00 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (349) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by amdman: 2:07pm On Jun 08, 2019
idrezee:

Does this cover shipping custom duties, etc?

Yes it does
Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by chris4gold(m): 2:21pm On Jun 08, 2019
What is the total plus clearing? II need it

amdman:
2001 Toyota Tacoma 

No reported issues

N980k to Naija
Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by amdman: 2:27pm On Jun 08, 2019
chris4gold:
What is the total plus clearing? II need it

The vehicle is no longer available.
Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Nonstopvibez: 3:01pm On Jun 08, 2019
What car will 1 5m buy. Pls list
Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by sexyto(m): 4:31pm On Jun 08, 2019
sexyto:
Amdman.
do you have BMW e39 2003 model? and how much?.
I have been following your post and I hope you don't disappoint us, it's a lot of fresh air, thanks.
Amdman, I have not seen any word on the e39 preferably 530i
Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by JustCare: 10:30am On Jun 09, 2019
Canadian used cars has this general problem of rust, I mean the are usually deeply rusted due to the salt used in battling there prolonged winters.

@OP what do you say about this?
Do you go for these cars not minding the deep rust issues?
Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Nobody: 11:24am On Jun 09, 2019
JustCare:
Canadian used cars has this general problem of rust, I mean the are usually deeply rusted due to the salt used in battling there prolonged winters.

stf!
Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by dicksonadams(m): 11:40am On Jun 09, 2019
JustCare:

You have a point
Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Aquariann: 12:00pm On Jun 09, 2019
Make Una take am easy with the Op.. It's not like he has a garage of used cars somewhere that all he has to do is give you a price quotation immediately you make a request.

From the pictures posted by him, it's easy to know these cars are being sold by their (personal) owners because they are mostly parked in places that look like residential areas. Although he stated this fact somewhere at the beginning of the thread.

I should think when you make a request, he visits whatever platform he uses to search for these cars, contacts the seller and try to make sure the total landing cost meets the purpose of this thread.

Because for sure "Toyota Corolla for sale" for example go plenty for him area, but their price go pass NL car dealers own. So make Una just give am gently reminder.

Op, no worry, some of us still dey gather money. Well done.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by amdman: 12:42pm On Jun 09, 2019
2002 Toyota Corolla

185k miles

No faults

N1.1m

VIN - 2T1BR12E92C870948

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by kelvinnaira: 12:49pm On Jun 09, 2019
Op.. Lexus.
Any IS model or es 350

1 Like

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Tyche(m): 1:25pm On Jun 09, 2019
Aquariann:
Make Una take am easy with the Op.. It's not like he has a garage of used cars somewhere that all he has to do is give you a price quotation immediately you make a request.

From the pictures posted by him, it's easy to know these cars are being sold by their (personal) owners because they are mostly parked in places that look like residential areas. Although he stated this fact somewhere at the beginning of the thread.

I should think when you make a request, he visits whatever platform he uses to search for these cars, contacts the seller and try to make sure the total landing cost meets the purpose of this thread.

Because for sure "Toyota Corolla for sale" for example go plenty for him area, but their price go pass NL car dealers own. So make Una just give am gently reminder.

May your wisdom increase

7 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by amdman: 2:51pm On Jun 09, 2019
2003 Nissan Maxima

147k miles

No reported faults

N1m

1 Share

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by amdman: 4:11pm On Jun 09, 2019
Aquariann:

100% correct! Thanks

7 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by amdman: 4:16pm On Jun 09, 2019
JustCare:

Rust or not will depend on whether the owner did any rust-proofing and how frequently it was done. We watch out for rust when we go for inspection and any rust and other faults are always disclosed. We don’t distort facts.

It’s not every cheap car we see that we post here. We pass on some because we also lived in Nigeria and have a very fair idea of what it costs to own, fix or run a car.

12 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Buynowautos: 4:58pm On Jun 09, 2019
tunax5loon:

be careful next time when dropping your number on social media if you are not the one selling. Anybody can chat you up claiming to be the OP. be careful once again. My 1CENT

You are very correct.
Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by amdman: 5:09pm On Jun 09, 2019
2001 Honda Accord

211k miles

No faults

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by JustCare: 5:44pm On Jun 09, 2019
amdman:

Rust or not will depend on whether the owner did any rust-proofing and how frequently it was done. We watch out for rust when we go for inspection and any rust and other faults are always disclosed. We don’t distort facts.

It’s not every cheap car we see that we post here. We pass on some because we also lived in Nigeria and have a very fair idea of what it costs to own, fix or run a car.

I have monitored a few of them you've posted here with microscopic view and discovered that they had rust issues which you never disclosed.

I think those that have bought should give feedback and we need better ways of assessing rust issues because some are not evident on the surface but deep inside whichsis very bad.

cc: GAZZUZZ
DRU23
RADAUTOWORKS
BIGDEALS
Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by amdman: 5:51pm On Jun 09, 2019
JustCare:

I have monitored a few of them you've posted here with microscopic view and discovered that they had rust issues which you never disclosed.

I think those that have bought should give feedback and we need better ways of assessing rust issues because some are not evident on the surface but deep inside whichsis very bad.

DRU23
RADAUTOWORKS
BIGDEALS

Am sure you have also seen where we mentioned rust issues whether in the listing or in our inspections.

Most of the cars we list are cars that are still in use by their owners and not what is parked off somewhere and left to the elements.

Thank you.

16 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Muyesky(m): 7:28pm On Jun 09, 2019
Pricars:
2004 Volvo XC90

186k miles

No reported faults

N1.2m

Is this still available?
Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Aquariann: 8:08pm On Jun 09, 2019
JustCare:

Oga na Wetin sef? You wan buy motor or spoil person market? D people Wey you tag na for Wetin?

No be this same thread all of us the read? Abi na only pictures you the look and not the detail of the car because all the cars the Op has posted here with rust were mentioned to have some rust by the op in the description.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jun 09, 2019
JustCare:

DRU23
RADAUTOWORKS
BIGDEALS
Don't say such
He mentioned it when there is rust

21 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Consumerprotect(f): 8:41pm On Jun 09, 2019
amdman:
2004 Honda Accord

Engine requires servicing

N1.05M including customs duty and clearing

Full disclosure. What is wrong with this vehicle.

2 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Consumerprotect(f): 8:42pm On Jun 09, 2019
amdman:
2009 Ford Escape Limited

200k km

Slight rust

N1.5m including customs duty and clearing

State the location of rust and take pics.

A lot more is expected of you based on inability to return defective vehicles.

2 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Consumerprotect(f): 8:43pm On Jun 09, 2019
amdman:
2003 Honda Civic

Slight rust

N1m including clearing and custom duties

Again location of rust with pics.

Regards

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Consumerprotect(f): 8:46pm On Jun 09, 2019
amdman:
Am thinking low-priced cars can be a good deal for the Nigerian market. These cars will usually have any of the following characteristics:

Clean titles
High Mileage
Minor faults, etc.

For example, the 2007 Honda Accord below can land in Nigeria for 700k (purchase price and shipping. You arrange and pay for cost of clearing). Has a mileage of 383,000.

Generally, the clearing cost for shipping will depend on the age, model, type, etc of the vehicle and will range from N300k to about N600k.

If you don't have your own clearing agent, you can engage Adexfem (+2348056345590) to discuss clearing.

If you are interested in any of the vehicles, Call/Whatsapp - +1437 221 5476

Please take the whole process of how this business works again from the top.

Regards.

2 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Consumerprotect(f): 8:49pm On Jun 09, 2019
Aquariann:

Oga na Wetin sef? You wan buy motor or spoil person market? D people Wey you tag na for Wetin?

No be this same thread all of us the read? Abi na only pictures you the look and not the detail of the car because all the cars the Op has posted here with rust were mentioned to have some rust by the op in the description.

Vehicle are not located in nigeria. Vehicles cannot be inspected and rejected, by the time vehicle lands nigeria, monies would have exchanged hands.

It becomes very imperative that the seller discloses every bit of information including pics of the underbody and suspension parts of the car so potential buyers are in a better bargaining/informed position.

Regards.

3 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by fendorf(m): 8:58pm On Jun 09, 2019
Consumerprotect:

Please take the whole process of how this business works again from the top.

Regards.

and what is your own problem with the person selling the cars, did he put a gun to your head to come and buy?

10 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by fendorf(m): 8:59pm On Jun 09, 2019
Consumerprotect:

Vehicle are not located in nigeria. Vehicles cannot be inspected and rejected, by the time vehicle lands nigeria, monies would have exchanged hands.

It becomes very imperative that the seller discloses every bit of information including pics of the underbody and suspension parts of the car so potential buyers are in a better bargaining/informed position.apparently this username was created today to attack the op

Regards.
Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Aquariann: 9:24pm On Jun 09, 2019
Consumerprotect:

It becomes very imperative that the seller discloses every bit of information including pics of the underbody and suspension parts of the car so potential buyers are in a better bargaining/informed position.

Regards.

I'm just a prospective buyer and not in any way related to the Op. So this is not me holding brief for him. My car request is somewhere on this thread.

Having stated the above paragraph, the Op has severally stated he doesn't own these cars and the pictures posted here are what he got from the seller.

If you go through the thread from the beginning, people have raised the issue about inspection and he said somewhere he carries out some level of physical inspection but for a more detailed information with involves a mechanic and a YouTube video for you, it'll cost you the prospective buyer.

Remember these cars might not even be in the same city with him because even though he seeks to provide we back here a better option with used cars when compared to Nigerian used cars, he also needs to make a profit while keeping the landing cost low.

A lot of requests have been made on here and a lot of cars posted, but we all know not many purchases have been made. Some are waiting for testimonies and arrival of the shipped cars before parting with their money.

So if you see any car you like, reach out to the op, pay the fee for a detailed inspection and then decide whether to proceed or not.

Or jejely go to Cars45 in Ikeja with your mechanic or Begger in Apapa and buy what you can physically inspect.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Aquariann: 9:50pm On Jun 09, 2019
If anything, this man has been pretty forthcoming with details. At least we get to see the original mileage not 75k km on a 2003 car because say na only inside estate Oyibo been dey drive the moto.

Just this afternoon I saw 266k km as mileage on a 2011 siena on copart. Make that car reach Naija now, e go miraculously turn to 26k km

Someone once mentioned here that they'll come for the op with this attempt to remove food from their mouths, but I think say na joke. But all this subtle attack in the guise of concern don make me rethink am. No be say everybody here don buy moto sef and the op don sell plenty cars.

Oga op, no more long talk, sorry I derail your thread, but my advice be say try remain straightforward and open with you clients. Because d day Wey your phone number go dey off because you get small headache, person go create thread for your matter say you be scam.

Peace. I don go back to observation mode for inspiration to double d hustle.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Tyche(m): 9:51pm On Jun 09, 2019
Village people everywhere

5 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (349) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.