Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars - Autos (308) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars (1167518 Views)

SOLD.....Registered Toyota Corolla - 2004 @ N1,200,000.00 / Registered Toyota Camry - 2005 @ N1,200,000.00 / SOLD.....Clean Registered Infiniti FX35 - 2007 @ N1.200,000.00 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) ... (349) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by peeps4u: 7:04am On Jul 31, 2021
I don't think being ill, unless it is serious, or unstable currency is enough to go AWOL.
He could have set his WhatsApp to an auto response, notifying people of temporary suspension to business or even come here to notify people.

How relaxed will one feel if he pays and adman goes AWOL?

This isn't too good a customer service attitude, it is what people have been complaining about all along, no need to look for justification. This is more reason he needs to employ a helping hand. His business is big enough for him to handle alone; he's probably biggest or one of the biggest sellers of Canada cars on NL now within a very short period of time.

14 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by feelme3(m): 8:57am On Jul 31, 2021
Now you also have a good point which I agree with. He has gotten to a level he needs to employ hands that should handle requests while he focuses on handling customers that have made commitment. Let's hope all is well and good with him and he adopts this suggestion. Good morning to you.

peeps4u:
I don't think being ill, unless it is serious, or unstable currency is enough to go AWOL.
He could have set his WhatsApp to an auto response, notifying people of temporary suspension to business or even come here to notify people.

How relaxed will one feel if he pays and adman goes AWOL?

This isn't too good a customer service attitude, it is what people have been complaining about all along, no need to look for justification. This is more reason he needs to employ a helping hand. His business is big enough for him to handle alone; he's probably biggest or one of the biggest sellers of Canada cars on NL now within a very short period of time.

2 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by amdman: 11:04am On Jul 31, 2021
Good morning.

Make una no vex.

I appreciate the concern regarding our wellbeing.

Truth is, we are fine… very fine.

However, Naira is not fine and does not look like it will be fine in the short to medium term, hence we have adopted a cautious approach to ensure that we don’t incur losses that would not augur well for the business.

It is very disheartening to see cars that we sold N1.3m or thereabouts last year now going for N2m or more, and we usually have misgivings pushing out such deals.

We are still here and will continue to do our best to find the best deals.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by oladipuposadeeq(m): 11:22am On Jul 31, 2021
amdman:
Good morning.

Make una no vex.

However, Naira is not fine and does not look like it will be fine in the short to medium term, hence we have adopted a cautious approach to ensure that we don’t incur losses that would not augur well for the business.

It is very disheartening to see cars that we sold N1.3m or thereabouts last year now going for N2m or more, and we usually have misgivings pushing out such deals.

this is what you ought to be doing boss even if na just to put smiley up so make people know say the thread is still been under your watchful eyes not to just disappear into thin air even me wey never get money to buy spare tyre don dey worried say wetin do this man but its all good so far you are doing well oinnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by feelme3(m): 12:17pm On Jul 31, 2021
Of a truth, amdman you score F10 in customer communication. So you just dey one corner dey wait until we drag you before you go talk. You have to sit up bro, no think say you don secure the bag when it comes to car deals. You have competitors that are working to be better than you. Becoming successful is not the big deal. Staying successful is where the work is. Glad to know you're well though.

amdman:
Good morning.

Make una no vex.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by odimbannamdi(m): 2:58pm On Jul 31, 2021
amdman:
Good morning.

Make una no vex.

This is where the problem lies.

Oga Amdman, we understand that you built your business around the strategy of low-cost and affordability for average Nigerians, hence the title of this thread. But times and economics have changed, and you understandably can't live up to the expectations of the title of this thread.

Please consider renaming the thread so that you can move on with your business.

13 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by samuelson06(m): 7:01pm On Jul 31, 2021
odimbannamdi:

This is where the problem lies.

Oga Amdman, we understand that you built your business around the strategy of low-cost and affordability for average Nigerians, hence the title of this thread. But times and economics have changed, and you understandably can't live up to the expectations of the title of this thread.

Please consider renaming the thread so that you can move on with your business.

The problem isn't renaming the thread. The problem is the unstable naira. Right now, you just can't predict the naira. It can change at any minute. It's a very bad thing for both businessmen and Nigerians in general.

13 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by amdman: 7:14pm On Jul 31, 2021
samuelson06:

The problem isn't renaming the thread. The problem is the unstable naira. Right now, you just can't predict the naira. It can change at any minute. It's a very bad thing for both businessmen and Nigerians in general.

When we started 2yrs ago, exchange rate was $1 Canadian Dollar/N270. Today, we are exchanging at N425 - N430.

8 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by odimbannamdi(m): 7:34pm On Jul 31, 2021
samuelson06:

I agree that the depreciating naira is a major problem for almost everybody. But businesses won't sit and whine all day because the naira is bad. Businesses have to adjust to present economic realities and move on.

Considering the first response of Amdman (which informed my response), it is not that he doesn't have deals to advertise here, but he is constrained and having misgivings in posting them because the prices have gone higher - no thanks to the useless naira - which isn't his fault.

So, let the man forget about the "1.2m or less..." selling point he had before and post what he has. People will still buy, and we are sure his prices will still be less than those of dealers in Nigeria.

12 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by odimbannamdi(m): 7:35pm On Jul 31, 2021
amdman:

When we started 2yrs ago, exchange rate was $1 Canadian Dollar/N270. Today, we are exchanging at N425 - N430.

Sad reality. But business has to go on, sir.

2 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by samuelson06(m): 9:14pm On Jul 31, 2021
odimbannamdi:

I agree that the depreciating naira is a major problem for almost everybody. But businesses won't sit and whine all day because the naira is bad. Businesses have to adjust to present economic realities and move on.

Considering the first response of Amdman (which informed my response), it is not that he doesn't have deals to advertise here, but he is constrained and having misgivings in posting them because the prices have gone higher - no thanks to the useless naira - which isn't his fault.

So, let the man forget about the "1.2m or less..." selling point he had before and post what he has. People will still buy, and we are sure his prices will still be less than those of dealers in Nigeria.

You're right. I think it's just a two-way thing: he can run at loss or make undue gain. But like you've said man must wack. Business must continue.

But on a serious note, the naira-dollar gamble is a serious gamble.

3 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by benpedro(m): 11:17pm On Jul 31, 2021
You can always advertise cars with new prices. Some of us even earn foreign currency.
I for one don't mind buying a car of 4 Millon or thereabout. However, it must be from you. Someone said we should look elsewhere and don't cry because you didn't reply our WhatsApp messages. I must make it bold here. I trust Amdman more than 99.9% of the people living in Nigeria right now. I have had dealings with many of them from here and most have proven to be mischievous and can't be trusted. I'm afraid. I will wait for Amdman until he's ready.

13 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by amdman: 11:31pm On Jul 31, 2021
odimbannamdi:

Very valid points.

Thank you for this.

3 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by amdman: 11:32pm On Jul 31, 2021
benpedro:
You can always advertise cars with new prices. Some of us even earn foreign currency.
I for one don't mind buying a car of 4 Millon or thereabout. However, it must be from you. Someone said we should look elsewhere and don't cry because you didn't reply our WhatsApp messages. I must make it bold here. I trust Amdman more than 99.9% of the people living in Nigeria right now. I have had dealings with many of them from here and most have proven to be mischievous and can't be trusted. I'm afraid. I will wait for Amdman until he's ready.

Noted Sir.

Thank you for the vote of confidence.

We are ready.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by dongc(m): 11:33pm On Jul 31, 2021
amdman:

Today ?? 425 - 430 You mean 525 -530 Are you serious whose exchange rate is that bank rates??

1 Like

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by amdman: 11:45pm On Jul 31, 2021
dongc:

[/b]

Today ?? 425 - 430 You mean 525 -530 Are you serious whose exchange rate is that bank rates??

Canadian dollars not United States Dollars

17 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by dongc(m): 11:55pm On Jul 31, 2021
amdman:

Canadian dollars not United States Dollars

Oh I see....cheers

1 Like

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Kindfund: 1:39am On Aug 01, 2021
dongc:

[/b]

Canadian currency not usa

1 Like

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by radautoworks: 2:13am On Aug 01, 2021
benpedro:
well said

5 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by odimbannamdi(m): 6:10am On Aug 01, 2021
benpedro:

grin...this my Oga, ba calming down small small... grin...most of us still dey earn in naira. No go let Amdman increase him price well well abeg... embarassed

16 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by uchman(m): 2:41pm On Aug 01, 2021
benpedro:
I could bet my left ball Amdman ain't Igbo. Dude is pretty comfortable with the few sales he makes yearly and neglects the opportunity to double or triple his sales by simply employing a customer service agent.

Come on, which serious business man ignores potential customers? Some would say he ignores messages because people only wanna waste his time when they aren't ready to make a purchase yet. However, how would you know a client who is ready or not if you don't reply all text messages?
A serious business man wouldn't mind giving you expensive perfume to spray all over your body. At the end you can decide not to buy. The business man smiles and bids you farewell knowing fully well you might return tomorrow.

Why did you abandoned your Mexico thread?
You don make am for Mexico come forget your followers come here dey price car?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by amdman: 6:04pm On Aug 03, 2021
2008 Honda Civic

177k miles

No faults reported

N2m

18 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Getrich47(m): 6:55pm On Aug 03, 2021
God bless you amdman

3 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Dantedasz(m): 7:01pm On Aug 03, 2021
uchman:

Why did you abandoned your Mexico thread?
You don make am for Mexico come forget your followers come here dey price car?

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by berbzz: 10:43pm On Aug 03, 2021
Are you taking payments before the cars get to naija?
Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by sheelay(m): 12:56pm On Aug 04, 2021
berbzz:

Haha... Yes of course, he is! Who'd send a car to a buyer in Naija before payment?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Pesther04: 5:28pm On Aug 04, 2021
berbzz:
Yeah, but you will pay I think about 70% of the cost, when your car is confirmed to you by him that its in Nigeria you will pay the balance.

6 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by amdman: 3:29am On Aug 06, 2021
Belated Welcome to Nigeria!

Ford Explorer

16 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by castrokins(m): 3:31am On Aug 06, 2021
You're Truly d Man!

amdman:
Belated Welcome to Nigeria!

Ford Explorer

4 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by amdman: 3:31am On Aug 06, 2021
Welcome to Nigeria!

Pontiac Vibe

9 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by amdman: 3:32am On Aug 06, 2021
Welcome to Nigeria!

Hyundai Elantra

11 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by amdman: 3:34am On Aug 06, 2021
Welcome to Nigeria!

Mercedes Benz E350

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) ... (349) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.